D’Eriq King enters Transfer Portal. Is he a possible grab for the Vols?

I'm not sure if he would want to venture North to suit up, but Michigan could certainly use his services and in a hurry. Some other possibilities that seem like legitimate destinations and good fits might include Baylor, TCU, Arizona, Oregon, Arkansas, Tulane, LSU, Oklahoma, Kansas, USC, UCLA and Florida State.

If any of our Qb’s transfer will they wait till after the spring game to announce or is that too late?

Last edited:
Why do people use IMO or IMHO? It's always considered your opinion unless you state otherwise. Stop the madness!

I doubt that King ends up at Arkansas as they're worse off than Houston. With all of the QB's on our roster (don't we still have the transfer QB from Maryland?) I highly doubt that we are even considered...Oklahoma or LSU might be a better landing spot.
almost as irritating as you asking why and critiquing those that do . Fact

Don't think King will be recruited. My thought is that Bailey will win the job in the Spring. If JG is content to be an occasional relief guy he will stay, maybe more in a mentoring role. If not, Hill will probably be that guy with JT /Holliday at 3 and 4. I think Maurer for sure transfers and possibly JG.

Almost positive Holliday will be moved to WR.

We good? We do not want a top three most likely to win the Heisman QB? Vol fans are stupid, my gosh!
Haha, vol fans are " stupid" says the guy calling himself " Lane Train". Kings not coming here to compete with Bailey and five other guys, ain't happening. At 7-5 8/4 program

Last edited:
Haha, vol fans are " stupid" says the guy calling himself " Lane Train". Kings not coming here to compete with Bailey and five other guys, ain't happening.
You obviously know nothing about King. There would be no competition. He would be an instant start as he is a Heisman candidate already and does not even have a team. It's Marlin Lane not Lane Kiffin. You don't even know the former Vols by name.

You obviously know nothing about King. There would be no competition. He would be an instant start as he is a Heisman candidate already and does not even have a team. It's Marlin Lane not Lane Kiffin. You don't even know the former Vols by name.
You mad bro. Everyone knows who King is, most of us understand he ain't coming here. And yes I know Marlin Lane, I've been around longer than 2011. Bawahaha

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
He played 4 games. Not very well mind you

This guy isn’t a fit for us. Play JG or Bailey and forget about this guy as he’s a bad fit

52.7%, 663yds, 6TDs, 2INTs
64.5%, 736yds, 7TDs, 4INTs

His first 4 games and JG's first 4 games this year. I'm not saying he lit the world on fire but given that he has a track record of success and that this small sample of playing "not very well" wasn't any worse than what we've already got, I'm not sure why you're so confident that JG is better.

We are not even close to the teams likely to land King according to many different sources. I wish he would come here but it is not going to happen.

52.7%, 663yds, 6TDs, 2INTs
64.5%, 736yds, 7TDs, 4INTs

His first 4 games and JG's first 4 games this year. I'm not saying he lit the world on fire but given that he has a track record of success and that this small sample of playing "not very well" wasn't any worse than what we've already got, I'm not sure why you're so confident that JG is better.

52% isn’t going to cut it

No he redshirted because his BRAND NEW HC was trying to game the system.

His completion % was poor, but wasn't doing well is a stretch. 1-3, but the teams that beat Houston were Oklahoma, Washington State, & Tulane. Gave up an average of 39.3 in those 3 losses...he threw for almost 700 yards, 6 TDs & ran for 300 with another 6 TDs on the ground.

Houston with King was averaging 30.8 PPG. Hardly his fault they weren't winning.

Played in just 4 games and finished the season 5th in rushing yards for the team...

I doubt he'd come to Knoxville though, but he seems like OU's next Heisman hopeful.

Read the LA Times Article. Could be Legit, could be One Disgruntled Guy. Let's see how many Officially Collaborate the story. Hard to believe that Holgersen would take a chance on losing players.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back