D’Eriq King enters Transfer Portal. Is he a possible grab for the Vols?

LSU and OU fans both say there's no way he goes to their teams because of the existing QB's. Myles Brennan for LSU and Spencer Rattler for OU. Interesting thread on it:

Odds for King
LSU would be smart to take king. He’s much more proven than Brennan. Rattler at least took meaningful snaps this year.

What we want to do is rotate three different groups of two quarterbacks:

For example:

1) JG and King play on all the first downs.
2) Strout & Mauer play all the second downs.
3) HB and Holiday play all the third downs.

We shall call it "The dual threat, triple-option, V-fense":

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

austinpowers-drevil-quotes-700x313.jpg

Not really worked up. You just seem to have an inaccurate perception on how I am looking at the situation, and those opinions are based in nothing I actually said.

That aside, you seem to be moving the goalposts a bit. You originally responded to my post to clarify that none of the schools I mentioned recruited him out of HS, then you moved to his theoretical desire for stats over wins, and now it seems to be about whether he is actually good enough to win the job at any of these higher profile programs. These are all qualifications that are funneling him towards your opinion that it’s Arkansas, and I don’t disagree that may be where he goes. I just don’t see that as a good decision for him if it’s what he chooses, AND places like LSU and Oklahoma were legit options. If Arkansas is his best option, then more power to him. I’m just saying that of the schools I listed, Arkansas would be toward the bottom if I were him.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't disagree that Arkansas may not be the best option for him, I do think he can help his draft stock at Arkansas. Partly because if they win next season and he's the starting QB with outstanding stats (very likely in a Briles system) then he'll get a ton of attention/praise for being a big part of their improvement.

He's an idiot though if he can go to Oregon, LSU, Oklahoma, Bama or Georgia (and start) and picks Arkansas instead.

Another option could be Mississippi State...

You can play semantics all day and debate and define desperate.

Fact is, Chaney wanted him. And in my opinion, he was wanted more than Bailey.
Semantics, rumors...whatevs. Only thing in common with those two is they’re not FACTS. When you add “desperately” to that qualifier? FACT is people not named Chaney declared this...so I give them credit due.

Semantics, rumors...whatevs. Only thing in common with those two is they’re not FACTS. When you add “desperately” to that qualifier? FACT is people not named Chaney declared this...so I give them credit due.
He was the 1st QB Chaney went after. Call it whatever you want, but he was badly wanted.

And when has a coach ever come out and said a recruit is atop their board publicly???

LSU or OU because of track record of success with transfers. Arkansas the dark horse because he already knows Briles system and could step in immediately. We don’t need him. QB room is already packed enough. I hope he goes somewhere we won’t ever see him.

LSU or OU because of track record of success with transfers. Arkansas the dark horse because he already knows Briles system and could step in immediately. We don’t need him. QB room is already packed enough. I hope he goes somewhere we won’t ever see him.
We dont need him bc we have a bunch of qbs that the coaches don't think can play, and 1 true frosh they hope can play?

Thats why you tell a couple to move on of you can get him.

If he is good enough for LSU, he damn sure is better than Guantanamo.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
He was the 1st QB Chaney went after. Call it whatever you want, but he was badly wanted.

And when has a coach ever come out and said a recruit is atop their board publicly???

It has happened but it is a NCAA violation to mention their names.

Exactly! So we’re going off “info” from OTHER PEOPLE. I’ve noted your opinion of Holiday playing QB for us, so I know what your preferences are swayed in types of QB. Doesn’t make em FACTS. Chaney’s been doing this for awhile. Brees, Bray, Nathan Peterman...where’s the “desperately” for a dual threat? He didn’t exactly threaten to quit when Fromm was picked over Fields...doubt he held out for King over Bailey. When people we agree with “report” something, we’re all guilty of wanting them to be facts...just sayin.

Reactions: FïreBall
Exactly! So we’re going off “info” from OTHER PEOPLE. I’ve noted your opinion of Holiday playing QB for us, so I know what your preferences are swayed in types of QB. Doesn’t make em FACTS. Chaney’s been doing this for awhile. Brees, Bray, Nathan Peterman...where’s the “desperately” for a dual threat? He didn’t exactly threaten to quit when Fromm was picked over Fields...doubt he held out for King over Bailey. When people we agree with “report” something, we’re all guilty of wanting them to be facts...just sayin.
I have never thought or said that Holiday would play QB here. Nice try, though

I believe Bailey will be the guy.

Hence reports on what coaches prefer requires many grains of salt.
Its never been in question that Chaney wanted Haynes King.

All you ever do is ignore the point somebody is making and argue some trivial BS.

If somebody told you we were at war against terrorism bc Bin Laden flew planes into the towers, instead of talking about the fact that we are at war, you would sit there and argue with someone that no "in fact, no it was not Bin Laden himself who flew the plane into the towers."

Why dont you listen to what somebody is saying and stop trying (and not doing very well) to prove how smart you are?

its never been in question that Chaney wanted Haynes King.

All you ever do is ignore the point somebody is making and argue some trivial BS.

If somebody told you we were at war against terrorism bc Bin Laden flew planes into the towers, instead of talking about the fact that we are at war, you would sit there and argue with someone that no "in fact, no it was not Bin Laden himself who flew the plane into the towers."

Why dont you listen to what somebody is saying and stop trying (and not doing very well) to prove how smart you are?
Now you’re upset and getting personal with the name calling. It’s the “somebody is saying” part that I’m contending. Your Bin Laden analogy shows how pointless this conversation was from the get go. Go fact yourself.

Reactions: Sleegro

VN Store

Back