D’Eriq King enters Transfer Portal. Is he a possible grab for the Vols?

Why do people use IMO or IMHO? It's always considered your opinion unless you state otherwise. Stop the madness!
It is actually a good communication technique to signal you are moving from fact to opinion. For example, people can correct mistakes or misunderstandings of the facts and that might change the opinion.

Last edited:
We already have 5 QBs on the roster and we only have two spots left for the 2020 class and they are reserved for Beckwith and Hardy. So unless one of them tells the coaching staff they are for sure not coming we will not be taking anymore transfers.

We already have 5 QBs on the roster and we only have two spots left for the 2020 class and they are reserved for Beckwith and Hardy. So unless one of them tells the coaching staff they are for sure not coming we will not be taking anymore transfers.
The 2 spots is debatable. Hubbs was quoted as saying the magic number he is hearing is 27. Of course this is JMO that Hubbs is correct

Highly doubt any qb is transferring to a room
Of 5 QBs without being told Jg is leaving or something
yeah. then there's this.

i tend to agree. i'd kick the tires, but at the end of the day, he's going somewhere where there's a pretty clear path.....OU and LSU make sense in that regard. he comes here, it's gonna be a competition for sure.

Why do people use IMO or IMHO? It's always considered your opinion unless you state otherwise. Stop the madness!

I doubt that King ends up at Arkansas as they're worse off than Houston. With all of the QB's on our roster (don't we still have the transfer QB from Maryland?) I highly doubt that we are even considered...Oklahoma or LSU might be a better landing spot.

Of course you imply this as "IMO".;)

Reactions: livefaith
King SAID he was redshirting to save a year; and ABSOLUTELY was coming back to Houston Next season. I called BS on that; THEN! He and his best WR redshirted ; they don't like Dana Holgersen ! Easy to read that Story.
agreed. that was a line of BS....no way you sit out just to come back the next year? made no sense. definitley was intending to transfer.

Did y'all forget he redshirted this year because he statistically wasn't doing well and his team was losing? WAAACCCKKKK. He's gonna transfer to OU because it will increase his chances of receiving a higher draft grade... but then he will proceed to get beat out by Spencer Rattler.

No he redshirted because his BRAND NEW HC was trying to game the system.

His completion % was poor, but wasn't doing well is a stretch. 1-3, but the teams that beat Houston were Oklahoma, Washington State, & Tulane. Gave up an average of 39.3 in those 3 losses...he threw for almost 700 yards, 6 TDs & ran for 300 with another 6 TDs on the ground.

Houston with King was averaging 30.8 PPG. Hardly his fault they weren't winning.

Played in just 4 games and finished the season 5th in rushing yards for the team...

I doubt he'd come to Knoxville though, but he seems like OU's next Heisman hopeful.

OU seems unlikely with Spencer Rattler waiting in the wings. LSU makes a ton of sense, obviously. Michigan, Oregon, Miami and Florida State all make sense too. You could even make a case for Bama, though not highly likely, who has a lot of bodies, but no one with King’s experience. Arkansas makes sense from a blank slate perspective, but they are a dumpster fire, right now. He’d have to really hate Holgerson and Houston to move on from there to Arkansas and an unproven coach with a major rebuild on his hands.

No he redshirted because his BRAND NEW HC was trying to game the system.

His completion % was poor, but wasn't doing well is a stretch. 1-3, but the teams that beat Houston were Oklahoma, Washington State, & Tulane. Gave up an average of 39.3 in those 3 losses...he threw for almost 700 yards, 6 TDs & ran for 300 with another 6 TDs on the ground.

Houston with King was averaging 30.8 PPG. Hardly his fault they weren't winning.

Played in just 4 games and finished the season 5th in rushing yards for the team...

I doubt he'd come to Knoxville though, but he seems like OU's next Heisman hopeful.

So why did he redshirt then? Some QB's have 3 different coordinators in 3 years (insert JG) lol. HE WEAK

Literally answered this in the post you quoted, friend.
Yes, as I stated before he gave up on his TEAM.

I get it though! This is why the portal was invented. I believe he hurt his progression by not playing the whole season.

Last edited:
i have said, regarding a transfer QB that i'm against it, and the pool isn't exactly deep with stud qb's.

this kid is a stud.

if they decided to make a play for this kid, i would understand why, and wouldn't be mad about it.

it's not a "need", i still believe that. but this kid is ridiculous as a dual threat.

just need to handle it correctly with the QB room, and rest of the team.

if we don't make a play here, i understand that too, and wouldn't be mad about it.....

otherwise, i think he's going to OU.

He's a player, but can't see how we could possibly have and manage 6-7 kids in the QB room. Hill and Holiday already in there with that skill set pretty much makes certain King isn't in play here.

Reactions: jakez4ut
If I were him I’d go to LSU. Nothing scary about that room with Burrow gone. He should easily win that job. He should only go though if Brady doesn’t go NFL. If Brady leaves then he should look into FSU with Norvell

Reactions: peaygolf
OU seems unlikely with Spencer Rattler waiting in the wings. LSU makes a ton of sense, obviously. Michigan, Oregon, Miami and Florida State all make sense too. You could even make a case for Bama, though not highly likely, who has a lot of bodies, but no one with King’s experience. Arkansas makes sense from a blank slate perspective, but they are a dumpster fire, right now. He’d have to really hate Holgerson and Houston to move on from there to Arkansas and an unproven coach with a major rebuild on his hands.

None of the schools you mention recruited him outta HS though...

Baylor recruited him (Kendal Briles) which is likely why Arkansas is a front runner. Obviously from a "best shot at NFL" you'd think if OU, LSU, or Bama were interested he'd be looking there. When's the last time Bama went after a transfer QB though?

He's a player, but can't see how we could possibly have and manage 6-7 kids in the QB room. Hill and Holiday already in there with that skill set pretty much makes certain King isn't in play here.
i agree. and in merit, i'm against taking a transfer QB.

i'm just saying this is one kid i would maybe make an exception for should they want to explore the option.

VN Store

Back