Coach Kellie Harper

Do you want Coach Harper to return or hire new Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s “taking a breather” still watching but not posting. The irony that his last post is telling me I need a breather and to take a step back after he flipped out when I called him on his “insider” information being BS. 😂😂😂

Anyway.

As I said there, since White took over there has been little to ZERO actual information leak. At least not on any topics of import. Those who think they’re “close to the program” are a bit of a crack up. I suspect they know Maria or participate in her group and think they’re getting insider information when they’re really just getting the ramblings of…Maria…

Pretty bad when a college professor with some PR knowledge cracks the case five days before the insiders. Maybe I should go private sector and see if the school wants to hire me. I could be an embedded troll in the forums. 🤣

I hope you enjoyed your "breather"

He's one of the few posters who deserves having his old posts dragged up...just because of how condescending and self-righteous he acted. That's why I didn't buy any of his "insider" info on NIL and his "insider" info on those recruits who were lost because they were bought by higher bidders. He carefully crafted his story to be his truth, not THE truth.

Speaking of bad insiders, what ever happened to Jewel Spear's uncle that was posting cryptic news is coming mid season??

Speaking of bad insiders, what ever happened to Jewel Spear's uncle that was posting cryptic news is coming mid season??

I think maybe you’re referencing WinnerCircle who made various claims. I thought they had claimed to be a cousin of Cooper but all they did was talk trash about her.

They were banned but have reappeared under a new name and are trying to play it cool lol.

I'm very connected to the program, dumb*ss. Also, If there was any chance of any coaching change, the tour wouldn't be happening, at least for a while. Despite what you're hoping for, coaching decisions aren't made on the basis of one game. GIVE IT UP!
Seems you’re just a regular ole fan. Cue Maury Povich with the results of you being connected.

Seems you’re just a regular ole fan. Cue Maury Povich with the results of you being connected.
I actually know who Earl is, a very close friend of one of my clients. He was a very connected booster and supporter of Tennessee’s NIL efforts. If you knew how much money he had invested in the program, you probably take a different tone. But, you don’t have to worry about that anymore.

I actually know who Earl is, a very close friend of one of my clients. He was a very connected booster and supporter of Tennessee’s NIL efforts. If you knew how much money he had invested in the program, you probably take a different tone. But, you don’t have to worry about that anymore.

We really need a drama thread, just because.

“Real Lady Vol Fans of VolNation” Bravo, where’s my check? I heard Andy is on the chopping block!

“Was”? So taking his remaining ball and going home? 😉

You are either part of the solution or part of the problem. Earl chose to be part of the problem. He even chose to change his username to formerladyvolfan and cheer our demise. I have a feeling that is the behavior of more than a few of our boosters. Part of the reason the athletic department has struggled for so long. We are entering the greatest time on the hill in my lifetime. They need to get on board or get left behind. Go Vols!!!

We all know how much he donates, that’s his problem.

Don't understand how individuals could turn their backs on this University just because a favorite coach got fired.

I didn't even attend Tennessee but still yet I will be a fan and stand by any decision the administration makes.
I was thinking the same thing. Something Deerpark said though probably shines some light on this. He said Earlnotavol "invested" money in our program. Investing generally means he was expecting something back, be it input or something else. Sounds more like he was a business partner than a fan.

I was thinking the same thing. Something Deerpark said though probably shines some light on this. He said Earlnotavol "invested" money in our program. Investing generally means he was expecting something back, be it input or something else. Sounds more like he was a business partner than a fan.
That’s usually when programs start running into problems….. they start letting the boosters make the decisions. They do deserve some input though.

Reactions: Amb3096
I don't think that's necessarily accurate. But when financial stakeholders receive information that they then base their financial commitments on, they expect that information to be accurate. There were several mid- and high-level donors that were told late in the season that her job was not in jeopardy. Several of us made commitments to NIL money with the impression that she would be the one leading the program. And I think it turned out that information was not necessarily true. Although I have gone on record that beating SC and making the SEC Championship game likely would have prevented a move, I don't think firing her was completely a post-SEC tournament decision.

You are either part of the solution or part of the problem. Earl chose to be part of the problem. He even chose to change his username to formerladyvolfan and cheer our demise. I have a feeling that is the behavior of more than a few of our boosters. Part of the reason the athletic department has struggled for so long. We are entering the greatest time on the hill in my lifetime. They need to get on board or get left behind. Go Vols!!!
I think you are 100% wrong. How do you know Earl became former lady Vol fan?
I’m sure Earl was sorely disappointed and perhaps felt mislead by ADDW but that doesn’t mean he would give up on all of our great student athletes.
He probably left this site to avoid the gloating over Kellie’s firing and the ongoing bashing of a coach that he evidently knew somewhat personally. I would in no way equate not posting here as no longer being a LV supporter.
If it weren’t for several posters that I really enjoy on here I would have left and I am rooting as hard as I can for our new coach.

Although I have gone on record that beating SC and making the SEC Championship game likely would have prevented a move, I don't think firing her was completely a post-SEC tournament decision.

Agreed.

I think the final straw may have been the lost opportunity to hand South Carolina their only loss of the season. It wasn't so much that we lost the game, but the particularly embarrassing way we lost it. The news/social media cycle over the following 24 hours after that loss was brutal, with people at every level of sport and broadcast coming out of the woodwork to poke fun at Tennessee for so spectacularly blowing that last 1.1 seconds. Whether fair or not, the overwhelming theme of the day was, "This was the worst coaching in the history of women's basketball,' and it really hurt Kellie.

Irrespective of what one thinks of the Caldwell hire, I genuinely don’t understand the belief among some of the money crowd that Kellie was some irreplaceable coach who was about to finally have a breakthrough after failing to have one for 5 years (and wasting 4 WNBA first rounders in the process).

I think you are 100% wrong. How do you know Earl became former lady Vol fan?
I’m sure Earl was sorely disappointed and perhaps felt mislead by ADDW but that doesn’t mean he would give up on all of our great student athletes.
He probably left this site to avoid the gloating over Kellie’s firing and the ongoing bashing of a coach that he evidently knew somewhat personally. I would in no way equate not posting here as no longer being a LV supporter.
If it weren’t for several posters that I really enjoy on here I would have left and I am rooting as hard as I can for our new coach.
I followed his convo back…. This is literally Earl’s new screen name.

IMG_4641.png

Irrespective of what one thinks of the Caldwell hire, I genuinely don’t understand the belief among some of the money crowd that Kellie was some irreplaceable coach who was about to finally have a breakthrough after failing to have one for 5 years (and wasting 4 WNBA first rounders in the process).

Those folks didn’t care about results or the program. They cared about being made to feel special and being a program “insider.” Which is just over the top weird to me.

I love the Lady Vols as a program and team. I would never try to ingratiate myself with the staff, players or program on a personal level. Don’t need any attention or special treatment for my donations. All I want to see is a fun product, players that give their all for Tennessee and high level coaching.

The rest of it is categorically none of my business. It’s fun to speculate on here and watch from afar, just so odd to me the people who feel like they are PART of the team. Clouds their judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back