Coach Kellie Harper

Do you want Coach Harper to return or hire new Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With only 4 posts as a member where did you
Get this information???
Just reading the tea leaves. AD not saying anything after loss to NCS, UT leaking to Cora at News Sent about buyout going down over a million April 1ST, Mitchell not getting the KY job after everybody projected it, his dream job being coaching Lady Vols, Kara Elzy will be his assistant again.

Just reading the tea leaves. AD not saying anything after loss to NCS, UT leaking to Cora at News Sent about buyout going down over a million April 1ST, Mitchell not getting the KY job after everybody projected it, his dream job being coaching Lady Vols, Kara Elzy will be his assistant again.

Please no. If that happens that will officially be it for my days as a lady vol fan. If they hire Mitchell we will be playing next season with some walk-ons.

Can u let me know who u think can get us to a championship next year, and if they can do it with the current roster or do we need an overhaul?
The returning roster isn’t going to win a championship.who ever is hired, it’s going to take some time to become good to very good. Unless a miracle transfer in group arrives.

The returning roster isn’t going to win a championship.who ever is hired, it’s going to take some time to become good to very good. Unless a miracle transfer in group arrives.
If they had gotten a Brooks for example, he would have brought his star PG and possibly a very good freshman. Though Harper made a mess of recruiting, you cannot judge a new roster for a few months.

Reactions: Deebowbear
The other question is for those who are against DW’s decision, how much longer did they want CKJH to get to fix this?
I wanted Kellie to get another year or two WITH a competitive NIL structure. If we don’t get that in place:
A) I don’t see us attracting a top coach
B) Even with a top coach their efforts will be inhibited by the lack of $

I wanted Kellie to get another year or two WITH a competitive NIL structure. If we don’t get that in place:
A) I don’t see us attracting a top coach
B) Even with a top coach their efforts will be inhibited by the lack of $

Sounds like your beef is with Kellie because ya girl would still be the head coach if she could separate her love life and her professional life.

With a new coach being announced at a later date and the transfer portal people declaring low expectations of what the upcoming season will look like does not have credibility. Last off-season, when did Jewel Spear commit? When did Talaysia Cooper commit? Heading into the season things changed just about every month. It’s still early in April. A quality hire and the new coach at Tennessee has no limits.

That's not what the PR suggests (and I say that not as a NEGA Kellie, but as someone who is well studied in this area in my Ph.D. and my line of work). Danny White has congratulated every other Lady Vol sport this year within 24 hours of the conclusion of the season on X (twitter). Donde Plowman has issued similiar statements of support for teams throughout the season. NEITHER have made a statement of support since the season concluded yesterday.

So now we have to ask why? When organizations are going to make changes they withhold that season ending statement of support to avoid it contradicting the later message that "they will be moving in a new direction." This is why Athletic Directors come out with statements of support of embattled coaches quickly when they don't intend to go in a new direction. They are getting ahead of the PR and publicly stating they believe in and support the current coach. This is why I said yesterday, "Watch the social media of Danny and Donde in the next 24 hours." A statement of support of the team would have indicated she's safe. Both accounts going cold is not by accident. It's by design.

Now, one can argue she isn't embattled, but trust me, Danny White has seen and heard the criticism all season long. His tweet earlier today about the Lady Vol rowing program had anti-Kellie statements in the comments. We know from the historical record, that Danny White does in fact read tweets and comments because he often replies directly to fan requests/ ideas, etc. Given that, there would be no reason for him not to come out and issue a "Congrats on the season" type of tweet if he intended to keep her. Why let speculation grow?

They may very well keep her, but I am more convinced today than I was yesterday, that there are important conversations being had behind closed doors surrounding the future of this program. I have a Masters in Organizational and Strategic Communication. In public relations, every action or inaction sends a close message. You just have to know where to look. The lack of messaging by the AD suggests there is smoke here.. and you know the saying, where there's smoke... there's 🔥
Very well said

That's not what the PR suggests (and I say that not as a NEGA Kellie, but as someone who is well studied in this area in my Ph.D. and my line of work). Danny White has congratulated every other Lady Vol sport this year within 24 hours of the conclusion of the season on X (twitter). Donde Plowman has issued similiar statements of support for teams throughout the season. NEITHER have made a statement of support since the season concluded yesterday.

So now we have to ask why? When organizations are going to make changes they withhold that season ending statement of support to avoid it contradicting the later message that "they will be moving in a new direction." This is why Athletic Directors come out with statements of support of embattled coaches quickly when they don't intend to go in a new direction. They are getting ahead of the PR and publicly stating they believe in and support the current coach. This is why I said yesterday, "Watch the social media of Danny and Donde in the next 24 hours." A statement of support of the team would have indicated she's safe. Both accounts going cold is not by accident. It's by design.

Now, one can argue she isn't embattled, but trust me, Danny White has seen and heard the criticism all season long. His tweet earlier today about the Lady Vol rowing program had anti-Kellie statements in the comments. We know from the historical record, that Danny White does in fact read tweets and comments because he often replies directly to fan requests/ ideas, etc. Given that, there would be no reason for him not to come out and issue a "Congrats on the season" type of tweet if he intended to keep her. Why let speculation grow?

They may very well keep her, but I am more convinced today than I was yesterday, that there are important conversations being had behind closed doors surrounding the future of this program. I have a Masters in Organizational and Strategic Communication. In public relations, every action or inaction sends a close message. You just have to know where to look. The lack of messaging by the AD suggests there is smoke here.. and you know the saying, where there's smoke... there's 🔥
God bless you! Now can you figure out who our next coach will be in the next 24 hours so I can get some rest and work done?! 😩😂

So yall I’m sorry, I haven’t really kept up with this thread lately, but for some reason, from what I’ve been able to graze over, the tune has changed about Kellie being here next season?! What’s changed everyone’s mind? Did something happen that I missed?

LOL if I told you it would sound a little strange. BC the AD hasn't tweeted a season ending congratulatory LVBB specific tweet in the appropriate amount of time. Also bc the newspaper ran a routine story fm Cora which I'm sure they've had on file for weeks regarding KJH buyout. And bc we have way too much time on our hands.

April 1, tomorrow is a day KJH buyout lowers, so naturally the tin foil hats go on at midnight tonight and we wait.

On the flip side, our fave insider says there's been good movement forward in NIL funding and Sam's following portal peeps. Seems like biz as usual in the real world.

…and now what do you think about all those nuggets of info that ended up meaning exactly what I told you they meant 😊

I mean has there ever been a bigger swing in emotions for a volnation poster in a span of 5 days. From laughing stock to village soothesayer. For real though, y’all ever need an PR advice or research, call me! It’s what I do.

Have you opined on the new coach search yet? Who are 3-5 names that you think might be realistic?

I mean has there ever been a bigger swing in emotions for a volnation poster in a span of 5 days. From laughing stock to village soothesayer. For real though, y’all ever need an PR advice or research, call me! It’s what I do.
I hate that it happened, and I would never wish a LVFL anything bad, but you were correct. I want to apologize for some of the others who ridiculed and mocked you. I finally put one of them on ignore today bc they were bringing way too much nastiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back