Coach Kellie Harper

Do you want Coach Harper to return or hire new Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean has there ever been a bigger swing in emotions for a volnation poster in a span of 5 days. From laughing stock to village soothesayer. For real though, y’all ever need an PR advice or research, call me! It’s what I do.
you seem to be enlightened when it comes to coaching decisions when it comes to LVBB. who do you think the next coach will be. who do you like out there?? 😃😃

you seem to be enlightened when it comes to coaching decisions when it comes to LVBB. who do you think the next coach will be. who do you like out there?? 😃😃

I think we see a move away from the Pat Summit coaching tree. I think there are home run hires like Becky Hammon and Gottlieb. I think there are other second tier coaches that could be splash hires - Walz, etc. White knows the power of this brand and the importance of getting it right. The Iowa women’s basketball game tonight will go down as the most viewed women’s basketball game in history. With that rise in popularity of the sport, and others like KY making great hires to elevate their program, I think he swings BIG. Will he land the big fish, I dunno, but I sure appreciate him trying. There were many, myself included, that were beginning to question the university’s commitment to the sport that put us on the map. His decision today leaves no doubt he wants to restore the brand. Now he has the chance to do so.

You got a lot of grief (from me included) but you called it.
You love the Lady Vols. We share that trait. I’ll give you credit though… you were smart enough to know what both the content and the timing of the article from Cora meant. Some people ride the train right into the collision (and that’s ok) but you had the foresight to challenge your own logic and I always appreciate that.

I think we see a move away from the Pat Summit coaching tree. I think there are home run hires like Becky Hammon and Gottlieb. I think there are other second tier coaches that could be splash hires - Walz, etc. White knows the power of this brand and the importance of getting it right. The Iowa women’s basketball game tonight will go down as the most viewed women’s basketball game in history. With that rise in popularity of the sport, and others like KY making great hires to elevate their program, I think he swings BIG. Will he land the big fish, I dunno, but I sure appreciate him trying. There were many, myself included, that were beginning to question the university’s commitment to the sport that put us on the map. His decision today leaves no doubt he wants to restore the brand. Now he has the chance to do so.

Looking out west as well I think vol fans would find ourselves pleasantly surprised with Lisa Fortier or Scott Rueck.

If Fortier is considered I could see her being a great fit. She is a Kelly Graves protege and excellent coach. He has guided other young coaches toward jobs at schools who have the foundation but just need the coach.

He was a big part in getting Jennie Baranczyk to Oklahoma. She has turned them around immediately. Finishing first or tied for first in the Big 12 and back to the NCAA tourney all three seasons.

She has done so with considerably less talent at Oklahoma that Harper had to work with at Tennessee.

Looking out west as well I think vol fans would find ourselves pleasantly surprised with Lisa Fortier or Scott Rueck.

If Fortier is considered I could see her being a great fit. She is a Kelly Graves protege and excellent coach. He has guided other young coaches toward jobs at schools who have the foundation but just need the coach.

He was a big part in getting Jennie Baranczyk to Oklahoma. She has turned them around immediately. Finishing first or tied for first in the Big 12 and back to the NCAA tourney all three seasons.

She has done so with considerably less talent at Oklahoma that Harper had to work with at Tennessee.

Fortier was on my list from a few days ago. It’s hard to look at what’s she’s accomplished and not think that she could be successful at Tennessee. I think Danny swings bigger though.

I'm not sure what world you're living in...she's not getting fired, so give it up already.

I'm very connected to the program, dumb*ss. Also, If there was any chance of any coaching change, the tour wouldn't be happening, at least for a while. Despite what you're hoping for, coaching decisions aren't made on the basis of one game. GIVE IT UP!
Oopsie!

I wanted Kellie to get another year or two WITH a competitive NIL structure. If we don’t get that in place:
A) I don’t see us attracting a top coach
B) Even with a top coach their efforts will be inhibited by the lack of $
I see your point and that might very well be true, but it's also possible that Kellie's lack of promotional skills is the reason for the weak NIL position. A coach with better skills in that area might be able to sell her vision for the program to big donors more effectively than Kellie did. Unfortunately, Kellie's history as a recruiter suggests that she's not very good at selling.

I wanted Kellie to get another year or two WITH a competitive NIL structure. If we don’t get that in place:
A) I don’t see us attracting a top coach
B) Even with a top coach their efforts will be inhibited by the lack of $

A top coach IS the NIL structure you’re asking for.

Nothing opens wallets like winning lady.

I see your point and that might very well be true, but it's also possible that Kellie's lack of promotional skills is the reason for the weak NIL position. A coach with better skills in that area might be able to sell her vision for the program to big donors more effectively than Kellie did. Unfortunately, Kellie's history as a recruiter suggests that she's not very good at selling.
This☝️

I see your point and that might very well be true, but it's also possible that Kellie's lack of promotional skills is the reason for the weak NIL position. A coach with better skills in that area might be able to sell her vision for the program to big donors more effectively than Kellie did.
The coaches can't be directly involved in NIL fundraising. Yet. I'm assuming AD could have indirectly advised the rag tag band of nickle and dime fundraisers we turned out to be dependent on. I'm assuming something better is in place now or we'd never get a new coach to come here. It may have been potential donors sensed Kellie's situation wasn't stable and that was a drawback. But it wouldn't have been anything about Kellie personally, she was always a big hit with crowds.

What’s your thoughts on Jeff Waltz

He would have been a grand slam hire five years ago. We would have already been back to a final 4 and we'd be rolling ... but I don't know the details and intricacies of what's going on in his program right now but they've slipped from being "elite" to being above average. There was the transfer of their star guard to LSU last year, and then his rants against players turning the ball over a few weeks ago paints him in a big rougher light that I had seen him in before.

With that said (on paper) he possesses every single trait Danny White is going to look for in a coach - a proven winner with multiple elite 8s, final 4, and a national championship appearance. It's an odd one, because he has great fan support and resources at UL, so it's hard to make the classic argument "he could do more here because of our resources." Would we be competing for elite 8's and SEC titles again - YES, but that may very well be his ceiling; however I'll take that trade for Kellie 100% of the time.

I'm very connected to the program, dumb*ss. Also, If there was any chance of any coaching change, the tour wouldn't be happening, at least for a while. Despite what you're hoping for, coaching decisions aren't made on the basis of one game. GIVE IT UP!

200w.gif

Reactions: Amb3096
The coaches can't be directly involved in NIL fundraising. Yet. I'm assuming AD could have indirectly advised the rag tag band of nickle and dime fundraisers we turned out to be dependent on. I'm assuming something better is in place now or we'd never get a new coach to come here. It may have been potential donors sensed Kellie's situation wasn't stable and that was a drawback. But it wouldn't have been anything about Kellie personally, she was always a big hit with crowds.
Gotcha. For some reason I got the impression from Maria that Kellie was directly involved, but she must have meant with the AD. So for me then the question is why was Kellie's recruiting poor before NIL?

He would have been a grand slam hire five years ago. We would have already been back to a final 4 and we'd be rolling ... but I don't know the details and intricacies of what's going on in his program right now but they've slipped from being "elite" to being above average. There was the transfer of their star guard to LSU last year, and then his rants against players turning the ball over a few weeks ago paints him in a big rougher light that I had seen him in before.

With that said (on paper) he possesses every single trait Danny White is going to look for in a coach - a proven winner with multiple elite 8s, final 4, and a national championship appearance. It's an odd one, because he has great fan support and resources at UL, so it's hard to make the classic argument "he could do more here because of our resources." Would we be competing for elite 8's and SEC titles again - YES, but that may very well be his ceiling; however I'll take that trade for Kellie 100% of the time.
Walz is a safe hire. Will toe the line better than Kellie. I wouldn’t mind him and Sam back together. That seemed to be a big hit to his program. The woman can recruit

Reactions: Amb3096

He’s “taking a breather” still watching but not posting. The irony that his last post is telling me I need a breather and to take a step back after he flipped out when I called him on his “insider” information being BS. 😂😂😂

Anyway.

As I said there, since White took over there has been little to ZERO actual information leak. At least not on any topics of import. Those who think they’re “close to the program” are a bit of a crack up. I suspect they know Maria or participate in her group and think they’re getting insider information when they’re really just getting the ramblings of…Maria…

Attachments

• IMG_4612.png
    IMG_4612.png
    183.8 KB · Views: 24
He’s “taking a breather” still watching but not posting. The irony that his last post is telling me I need a breather and to take a step back after he flipped out when I called him in his “insider” information being BS. 😂😂😂

Anyway.

As I said there, since White took over there has been little to ZERO actual information leak. At least not on any topics of import. Those who think they’re “close to the program” are a bit of a crack up. I suspect they know Maria or participate in her group and think they’re getting insider information when they’re really just getting the ramblings of…Maria…
He's one of the few posters who deserves having his old posts dragged up...just because of how condescending and self-righteous he acted. That's why I didn't buy any of his "insider" info on NIL and his "insider" info on those recruits who were lost because they were bought by higher bidders. He carefully crafted his story to be his truth, not THE truth.

He's one of the few posters who deserves having his old posts dragged up...just because of how condescending and self-righteous he acted. That's why I didn't buy any of his "insider" info on NIL and his "insider" info on those recruits who were lost because they were bought by higher bidders. He carefully crafted his story to be his truth, not THE truth.

Yes, probably a minute or two later is when the LV acct tweeted she was fired and then he went radio silence lol. Had literally just told me her job was not in danger, but apparently he was so distracted by my posts he forgot to let Danny know.

Anywho, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back