Coach Holly Warlick - Fire Her Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
The odds of Fulmer and Davenport firing Holly are zero. The men's 3 seed lost to an 11 seed last night so both men's and women's teams choked like UT teams generally do. HollyCo will be back and the LVs will set lower lows next year.

Reactions: 3 people
Get Rick Insell at MTSU. He is a no nonsense coach and strict. He will close Camp Kumbayah.

2017 Women's Basketball HOF inductee.

Well if Holly is back next year I will not be. All my friends have already stopped watching them as they have progressively gotten worse year after year.

Reactions: 8 people
Baylor fan here. Don't post much, but have followed Lady Vol Ball long before Kim ever came here. The handwriting has been on the wall for ya'll for several years now. It's too bad those in authority won't do anything about it. Holly should have been fired at least 2 years ago. Long overdue.

Well i think your right. But we have Fulmer in charge now. So i really think he will do what's best for UT. I would ask the Louisville women's coach to see what interest he has.

Reactions: 2 people
Time for the Great Debate. Was the Vol or Lady Vol loss the bigger disgrace? Tough call, the women are expected to win, but they didn't blow it against a 11 seed palooka.

Now is the opportunity for the administration to make the move to correct one of the biggest blunders of a coaching hire in UT history. Either they want to win or they want the Lady Vol program to become La Tech. No more excuses by the athletic dept or by some of the idiots on this very board, Holly Warlick sucks and it's time you admit it.

Reactions: 6 people
Time for the Great Debate. Was the Vol or Lady Vol loss the bigger disgrace? Tough call, the women are expected to win, but they didn't blow it against a 11 seed palooka.

One team is filled wth McD All Americans playing on a once historic program. The other is filled with 2-3 star players, who were picked 13/14 in the conference. The lesser talented (incoming talent) team won a share of the SEC title and exceeded almost everyone’s expectations.

I don’t consider the men’s loss to be a disgrace at all. At the beginning of the season, would you have been happy with a share of the SEC title and an NCAA berth for the men’s team? I would have.

Reactions: 10 people

the men would not have blown 27 point lead like the lady vols did against ND. Holly broke streaks that no one ever thought they would see broken. The men would of rolled loyola Chicago at home.

One team is filled wth McD All Americans playing on a once historic program. The other is filled with 2-3 star players, who were picked 13/14 in the conference. The lesser talented (incoming talent) team won a share of the SEC title and exceeded almost everyone’s expectations.

I don’t consider the men’s loss to be a disgrace at all. At the beginning of the season, would you have been happy with a share of the SEC title and an NCAA berth for the men’s team? I would have.

Not at all. Those type of upsets are common in the men's tournament. Disappointing sure but not embarrassing. The Lady Vols have no business losing at home to Oregon State.

If Holly truly cares about Pat and the legacy she built here, she should step down as the coach effective immediately. Making a easy decision for Coach Fuller and making a decision that is best for the lady Vols program.

Reactions: 4 people
Phil will give her another year to turn this around... that one more year he wanted... and did not receive.

This sounds about right. He will punish us for letting him go by keeping Holly.

I also think a lot of what keeps her around is as punishment for the problems that were encountered combining the athletic departments. All the AD needed was another meretricious wrongful termination suit.

In the end I think they just decided to let the program sink rather than fight to make it better because they would have been painted as villains or bigots of one sort or another had they tried to be proactive.

Phil do your job. Holly is not going to get it done. That is clear. Lady vols deserve better coaching

Reactions: 1 person
Firing or not firing Holy Warlock will reveal how much Phil cares for the Lady Vols program.

Fact is lady vols don't bring in the big bucks. Therefore we will probably accept the status quo and claim getting to the tourney each year is good enough.

She honestly has torn down everything Pat built. Poor Pat.

Who would we get to replace Holly though?

It will be someone pretty good. Think of when Roy Williams left Kansas to North Carolina.

The Lady Vols program is still a dream job for many coaches.

Kim Mulkey from Baylor would take the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back