Coach Holly Warlick - Fire Her Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dream on. Mulkey has a national title lineup on the horizon in Waco.

I’m not for keeping Holly at all but I think many of you are in for a big surprise at how many elite coaches will pass on this job.

Reactions: 5 people
You people on here calling for Holley's firing are delusional. You don't fire coaches whom take a 5eam to the NCAA, regardless of how disappointed you are. There are teams in the SEC, that would love to have her as coach! I am a Tennessee football fan (not so much women's basketball), but most of you have crapped the bed. She will right the ship.

Reactions: 4 people
You people on here calling for Holley's firing are delusional. You don't fire coaches whom take a 5eam to the NCAA, regardless of how disappointed you are. There are teams in the SEC, that would love to have her as coach! I am a Tennessee football fan (not so much women's basketball), but most of you have crapped the bed. She will right the ship.

Delusional??? Delusional is fans thinking she is a good coach. All season long she had no.answer for a zone. The most basic defense there is. They taught it in jr. high. For God sakes get your heads out of your ass and remember what good basketball is. Get off the Holly boat. Its sinking fast.

Reactions: 5 people

I see

Reactions: 3 people

Hopefully you know something about the X and O's of football because You seem not to know much about the Lady Vol Basketball history. The standard is not to be one of the best 64 teams in the country in making the NCAAT.

Too many fans got caught up in a 15-0 start and had unrealistic expectations that a return to glory was about to occur without recognizing it was a cupcake schedule and we were barely beating some of those cupcakes. Those same fans could not see that the problem was coaching not the players

I hope you are wrong but I fear you are right. Holly may not get fired.

Realistically we are not even a top 25 team, slowly but surely repeating the demise like LSU, Old Dominion and some former greats.

That does not need to be the case but it seems without a change of attitude among the higher ups it will be the case.

Hopefully a 4,000 drop in average attendance will get someone's attention if a loss if pride doesn't.

A loss of pride, once proud, former glory, tough words for me to swallow

Reactions: 1 person
Baylor fan here. Don't post much, but have followed Lady Vol Ball long before Kim ever came here. The handwriting has been on the wall for ya'll for several years now. It's too bad those in authority won't do anything about it. Holly should have been fired at least 2 years ago. Long overdue.

And Kim should be fired for letting Geno fondle her pleather covered a$s on national television. But she still there.

Seriously, VN, do we need other schools' fans coming in here and telling us what TN should do with their program?

If I went to Baylor's forum or the Boneyard, my posts/comments would not even be accepted by the moderators.

Reactions: 2 people
Hopefully you know something about the X and O's of football because You seem not to know much about the Lady Vol Basketball history. The standard is not to be one of the best 64 teams in the country in making the NCAAT.

Too many fans got caught up in a 15-0 start and had unrealistic expectations that a return to glory was about to occur without recognizing it was a cupcake schedule and we were barely beating some of those cupcakes. Those same fans could not see that the problem was coaching not the players

I hope you are wrong but I fear you are right. Holly may not get fired.

Realistically we are not even a top 25 team, slowly but surely repeating the demise like LSU, Old Dominion and some former greats.

That does not need to be the case but it seems without a change of attitude among the higher ups it will be the case.

Hopefully a 4,000 drop in average attendance will get someone's attention if a loss if pride doesn't.

A loss of pride, once proud, former glory, tough words for me to swallow

You've given up on your program before people who barely care.

We will finish in the top10 rpi. Final ranking in top15. So, even in a disappointing season, why would you say that realistically we are not even a top 25 team? Really? Geezus.

And Kim should be fired for letting Geno fondle her pleather covered a$s on national television. But she still there.

Seriously, VN, do we need other schools' fans coming in here and telling us what TN should do with their program?

If I went to Baylor's forum or the Boneyard, my posts/comments would not even be accepted by the moderators.

And should have been fired for her comments on the Baylor rape allegations. Unbelievable that fans from other teams are allowed and welcome with their comments.

What I don't understand is four college coaches cannot come up with a solution to a zone defense or can't teach the solution to a zone defense. If this is the case, then maybe the assistants should leave and a new set hired.
As they teach at Uconn, practice not so you can get it right, but so you can't get it wrong.

Nearly every school's attendance has dropped in the era of conference networks and HDTV/streaming.

Even SC is down after a national championship season & they give their tickets away! $50 for lower level SEASON tickets with NO DONATION.

LV fans pay nearly $4000 for 2 nice lower level tickets...only to have games played at 9pm on a church night.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that attendance is down, but it's not the smoking gun proving the program is finished.

Reactions: 4 people

Would you want the comments removed if they were in full praise of Holly? Or does this only apply to those that disagree with your point of view?

If its you don't want to hear from them either way then good -at least you're consistent.

Last edited:
Nice try. Michelle Marciniak did not post her comment here... someone else did. And she is not for another team.

THAT is the whole point.....glad you finally get it......dang, education of the blind faithful is hard......

THAT is the whole point.....glad you finally get it......dang, education of the blind faithful is hard......

Even though someone else posted MM’s comments here AT LEAST IT IS NOT INPUT FROM A FAN OF ANOTHER TEAM.

Are you on too much medication? Perhaps you need medication.... 🤔

You've given up on your program before people who barely care.

We will finish in the top10 rpi. Final ranking in top15. So, even in a disappointing season, why would you say that realistically we are not even a top 25 team? Really? Geezus.

Sweet Jesus, we're citing RPI now? And, I'm so happy that we'll be somewhere around 21 or so in the final rankings. It'll surely take the sting off losing in the second round of the NCAAs, again. No doubt Tony Bennett and Virginia will be talking about that great 31-2 regular season for years to come with such great reverence.

Would you want the comments removed if they were in full praise of Holly? Or does this only apply to those that disagree with your point of view?

If its you don't want to hear from them either way then good -at least you're consistent.

😂 at least it'd be positive.

Just heard Lockwood talking to Dearstone....sounds like he thinks they will still be warming the seats on the sidelines next year!

Just like Warlick to roll out an assistant coach after a tough loss. She is all over it after wins.

Last edited:
Wow..Do the CHW supporters even realize that "disappointing" has been used to describe each of the last 5 seasons?? It's OK to want CHW to succeed when she's struggling but she has been given MORE than enough time to get UT back to the top..IMO folks should quit trying so hard to find ways to justify CHW and instead focus on finding her replacement....

Its not that they lose. Its how they lose. And very uncompetitive at times. No fundamentals to speak of. And its been that way for the last 5 years. Losing streak to Alabama is the final nail in my opinion.

Best case scenario is fire Holly today.

Second best let her work out her contract which is one more season. We don't have to fire her if she doesn't produce great results and if she does we could give her another year.

Worse case three year extension we are done on the big stage of women's basketball if were not already.

Just like Warlick to roll out an assistant coach after a tough loss. She is all over it adter wins.

Just like the genius you are not to know the NCAA does not allow head coaches to do non-NCAA interviews after tournament games.

It's been this way for years, after every win and loss.

Do you even watch WBB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back