Coach Holly Warlick - Fire Her Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real reason attendance is down...do you go to games? I have been going for 35 plus years, the legend of fans Pat built are old, not mobile, and just can't get out of their homes, or coffins. The decline since Parker is part too, but in honesty, the true is the real bleed orange fans of the Lady Vols are in the 60s at least. All these fire holly "fans" never show up for games, no need to anymore, i can't remember the last season every game wasn't available on the internet or cable. Are play has decreased as other schools increased, but are fans empathy for support has really gone the wrong direction way more so. I started a thread earlier this year to see who had gone to the longest streak of home games, no one other than me responded greater than 2 years! Our fans are old, sit on their hands most of the time too.

Our fans have always been old but we used to be able to replace the dearly departed with a new crop. Not anymore. I do believe it has to do in part with TV. But to a larger degree, at least in the case of my family, it's simply that the Lady Vols are no fun to watch anymore.

The kids find them boring now and I find them painful. No one I can see is having any fun. The players look shell-shocked, CHW looks agonized, the remaining fans look various shades of sad, dismayed, and nostalgic as the bus heads over the cliff to La Tech style obscurity.

As a faithful attender and donor of several decades, I want some kind of assurance that the current direction of the program and quality of play is not acceptable. I need someone in authority to verbalize that there's a problem and that it will be addressed. Whether CHW stays or not, endorsement of the status quo will leave me with a really sad decision to make about continued support. Money and time are way too scarce for a past time we no longer enjoy.

I want any coach, male, female, black, white, pink and purple polka dot, even CHW, that can manage to have the kids focus, play hard, be able to stick to a game plan, run a decent half court offense, improve, and have some damn fun again! With the talent we're miraculously still getting, that should kick the quality of play up several notches.

I think that would put some butts, including mine and some future LV fans, back in the seats.

TV has ruined strategy in BB... With the game TO's per team and the TV TO's there can be as many as 12 stoppages per game...Add to that that the coach knows approximately when the tv TO will happen....They wait for it and 6 pt runs turn into 12 pt runs....Here's a news flash,,,Players don't see a tv timeout as a run-stopper, Nor, does the team doing the running!

Offense wins games, defense wins championships.

You want fluidity, continuity, efficiency...There are drills for that!

TV has ruined strategy in BB... With the game TO's per team and the TV TO's there can be as many as 12 stoppages per game...Add to that that the coach knows approximately when the tv TO will happen....They wait for it and 6 pt runs turn into 12 pt runs....Here's a news flash,,,Players don't see a tv timeout as a run-stopper, Nor, does the team doing the running!

Offense wins games, defense wins championships.

You want fluidity, continuity, efficiency...There are drills for that!

I dunno, lots of other teams, like the ones who got deep into the tourney, seem to be able to run a fluid offense with the same number of TOs. Lame excuse for offensive malpractice IMO. We've seen it done numerous times.

Heresy I know, but I'm beginning to think defense wins championships is a cliche grown hoary. Gotta have a solid defense and rebounding, but repeated long periods with an inability to score send you home early every time. This, IMO, is root all the recent evil in LV land.

I dunno, lots of other teams, like the ones who got deep into the tourney, seem to be able to run a fluid offense with the same number of TOs. Lame excuse for offensive malpractice IMO. We've seen it done numerous times.

Heresy I know, but I'm beginning to think defense wins championships is a cliche grown hoary. Gotta have a solid defense and rebounding, but repeated long periods with an inability to score send you home early every time. This, IMO, is root all the recent evil in LV land.

I wrote...Offense wins games, defense wins championships....meaning, you can over power lesser foes with offense, but a competitor that is equal to you has to be defended with the same voracity.

I agree, offense wins games. I am 100 with you on that. But playoff time, you had better be proficient on both sides of the court

Reactions: 1 person
I wrote...Offense wins games, defense wins championships....meaning, you can over power lesser foes with offense, but a competitor that is equal to you has to be defended with the same voracity.

I agree, offense wins games. I am 100 with you on that. But playoff time, you had better be proficient on both sides of the court

Huh? My strategery is not quite up to yours I'm afraid. But that's really cool, both things win games and everyone's right. OK.

Actually, I see the LVs trying to overpower lessers with defense, not offense. Then feel all good about themselves, witness the second half of the Liberty game. Continued reliance on that as an offensive mainstay is a big part of the problem, IMO. Especially to the exclusion of an actual halfcourt offense.

Well said...e-mail that to Fulmer!

Our fans have always been old but we used to be able to replace the dearly departed with a new crop. Not anymore. I do believe it has to do in part with TV. But to a larger degree, at least in the case of my family, it's simply that the Lady Vols are no fun to watch anymore.

The kids find them boring now and I find them painful. No one I can see is having any fun. The players look shell-shocked, CHW looks agonized, the remaining fans look various shades of sad, dismayed, and nostalgic as the bus heads over the cliff to La Tech style obscurity.

As a faithful attender and donor of several decades, I want some kind of assurance that the current direction of the program and quality of play is not acceptable. I need someone in authority to verbalize that there's a problem and that it will be addressed. Whether CHW stays or not, endorsement of the status quo will leave me with a really sad decision to make about continued support. Money and time are way too scarce for a past time we no longer enjoy.

I want any coach, male, female, black, white, pink and purple polka dot, even CHW, that can manage to have the kids focus, play hard, be able to stick to a game plan, run a decent half court offense, improve, and have some damn fun again! With the talent we're miraculously still getting, that should kick the quality of play up several notches.

I think that would put some butts, including mine and some future LV fans, back in the seats.

Huh? My strategery is not quite up to yours I'm afraid. But that's really cool, both things win games and everyone's right. OK.

Actually, I see the LVs trying to overpower lessers with defense, not offense. Then feel all good about themselves, witness the second half of the Liberty game. Continued reliance on that as an offensive mainstay is a big part of the problem, IMO. Especially to the exclusion of an actual halfcourt offense.

Sure they felt good about it.
And they should have felt that way,,,they gave the coach what she asked for. . . A game won by defense.
But, they DID put up 100 points too,.

Reactions: 2 people
For all VOLS tired of watching HOLLY piss away the Lady Vols brand, & doing less with more please join me in getting the movement started. The Lady Vols have gone from sitting atop of women's college basketball to barely finishing middle of the pack in our conference.

Every season we bring in 3 or 4 HS All Americans but still find a way to underachieve.

For us to sit back & watch this is a disservice to Pat & everything she busted her ass to build.

If you LOVE UT then you know... HOLLY HAS TO GO!

Reactions: 5 people
For all VOLS tired of watching HOLLY piss away the Lady Vols brand, & doing less with more please join me in getting the movement started. The Lady Vols have gone from sitting atop of women's college basketball to barely finishing middle of the pack in our conference.

Every season we bring in 3 or 4 HS All Americans but still find a way to underachieve.

For us to sit back & watch this is a disservice to Pat & everything she busted her ass to build.

If you LOVE UT then you know... HOLLY HAS TO GO!
She not gone yet?

See you in 2020. :hi:

We'll be looking for player improvement because that is the first thing that has to happen.
That would mean several players Westbrooks, Hayes, and Jackson all returning with better overall shooting percentages and consistent three point shooting.
Better basketball IQ and Westbrooks really needs to learn to dribble with her left hand better she doesn't have a great handle for a point guard.
Holly will benefit if players get better and can shoot better up to her to make it happen in the off season.

Last edited:
We'll be looking for player improvement because that is the first thing that has to happen.
That would mean several players Westbrooks, Hayes, and Jackson all returning with better overall shooting percentages and consistent three point shooting.
Better basketball IQ and Westbrooks really needs to learn to dribble with her left had better she doesn't have a great handle for a point guard.
Holly will benefit if players get better and can shoot better up to her to make it happen in the off season.

After watching her, I think Jazmine Massengill will probably end up as the point guard... Evina needs to be a Point-Forward.

Since DiPietro became president at the beginning of 2011, Tennessee has had four athletic directors, four men's basketball coaches, three football coaches and will soon have a third chancellor. and obviously UT is excellent at firing and less qualified in hiring. smile

Since DiPietro became president at the beginning of 2011, Tennessee has had four athletic directors, four men's basketball coaches, three football coaches and will soon have a third chancellor. and obviously UT is excellent at firing and less qualified in hiring. smile

Wait, for your "Like".......:popcorn:

Wait...

Wait

When she was a player, that one more year of playing had not produced a title either.
Nope and there were tons of "fans" like you, including News Sentinel crap writer John Adams, who wanted Pat replaced. She couldnt win the big games. They were ridiculous then, as you fire people are now

Reactions: 7 people

And, sadly, UT is probably still paying all those mentioned!

(I joke, but not far off from truth.)

At some point do the moderators close a thread? It seems the 'Fire her today' thread is not valid any longer since the contract extension is probably going to happen.

Tennessee likes to set these folks up with nice paychecks for a while, without having to work for it. Your right, its gotten a little out of control.

I was hoping Phil was going to be the tough...committed to winning and championships type of AD this school needs and deserves...but by keeping Holly and ignoring the REAL results on the court and how the program is so OBVIOUSLY under achieving...he's showing that this is more about him and his friends than it is about truly getting the Vols...lady or otherwise to the top. I was for Phil becoming AD but he fooled me. He's obviously ok with mediocrity and under achieving.

Reactions: 3 people
Phil obviously doesn't have the testicular heft to make the tough....NEEDED decisions...and therefore needs to quit and do something else. But he won't. This is about him being gifted a job that he truly isn't qualified for...but he and the administration feel he has somehow earned. That's no way to run an athletic department with high expectations. He doesn't have the guts for the tough decisions inherent with the job.

Reactions: 4 people
Still needs to be fired

She ain't though.
Until further notice, she is coaching this team...A team I want to see be great again,,

no matter who is running it! CHW or otherwise! Their success is my team's success.

I was hoping Phil was going to be the tough...committed to winning and championships type of AD this school needs and deserves...but by keeping Holly and ignoring the REAL results on the court and how the program is so OBVIOUSLY under achieving...he's showing that this is more about him and his friends than it is about truly getting the Vols...lady or otherwise to the top. I was for Phil becoming AD but he fooled me. He's obviously ok with mediocrity and under achieving.

Obviously :eek:k:,,, So you know ol' Phil do ya?

,,,,You say he's just here for a paycheck and to be visible again...I say he's looking at things like a southern boy does.:
Look,
Look again,,,
See a pattern,
fix it or make a new pattern

I wouldn't count Phil out until he shows his cards.

Phil obviously doesn't have the testicular heft to make the tough....NEEDED decisions...and therefore needs to quit and do something else. But he won't. This is about him being gifted a job that he truly isn't qualified for...but he and the administration feel he has somehow earned. That's no way to run an athletic department with high expectations. He doesn't have the guts for the tough decisions inherent with the job.

Uncool post.:bad:

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back