Coach Holly Warlick - Fire Her Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men's basketball and women's basketball are VERY different in that respect. The problem with getting a blue chip coach at UT for the women's program is that they very likely would take a substantial pay cut. I don't know many people who would take a big pay cut to coach basketball, even for a storied program like UT.

Case in point, Holly makes a reported $665,000 compared to someone like Kim Mulkey who makes about $2.1 mil. or Karen Aston with similar HC experience who makes $775,000. Not saying I want either as a coach, but just unlikely any coach would leave a good women's basketball program to take a pay cut.

Most good coaches around the country are making at least $1.2 mil, not going to take 50% of that to take over UT.

The sole exception I see on the list is Cori Close at UCLA who is a fantastic coach, she makes about $475,000, but that will go up after their Elite 8 appearance this year I'll bet.

I say go for a top assistant at a great program IF there is a coaching change.

I think the top assistant route is very risky. Haven't we lived through a decade of football misery enough to know our expectations are too high for an assistant.

As much as I don't like Holly being disrespected, change should only be made by spending big money on a proven head coach from a big program.

I think the top assistant route is very risky. Haven't we lived through a decade of football misery enough to know our expectations are too high for an assistant.

As much as I don't like Holly being disrespected, change should only be made by spending big money on a proven head coach from a big program.

What I'm saying is they ARE NOT going to pay big money for a women's basketball coach. Period. The sport doesn't bring in enough income, even at UT.

What I'm saying is they ARE NOT going to pay big money for a women's basketball coach. Period. The sport doesn't bring in enough income, even at UT.

I dont agree with that, UT knew they didnt have to pay much for Holly because A. she was already with the program B. it was her dream and she would have walked through broken glass for the job even if Pat had not asked for them to let her take over. So why pay big money to someone you know you don't have to pay big money too? Those other schools dont make money off womens basketball, ONLY Uconn makes any profit at all on womens basketball and I wonder why that is? Pat made 1.4 million in 2008 the first womens coach to break 1 million, UT has the money, as they led the SEC in profit last year and I think led the country in profit even with a terrible football head coach, so the money is there and income has nothing to do with it from the womens basketball perspective, if it did there would be no womens sports because they dont pay the bills, they only help meet Title 9 requirements, so if you are going to lose money at least make it a winner!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Do you mind pointing me in the direction where the “Holly Acolytes” are identifying Evina as DD, or is this fabricated to fit your narrative? Because I’ve never seen such.....just curious.

What's my narrative? I know yours is to pretend Holly is not a bad coach, but I'm curious what you think mine is?

What's my narrative? I know yours is to pretend Holly is not a bad coach, but I'm curious what you think mine is?

Pretend Holly is the worst coach, have a love fest for UCONN (Doris Burke is that you), pull things out of peopleÂ’s post that arenÂ’t there.....just to name a few. :)

Reactions: 8 people
Pretend Holly is the worst coach, have a love fest for UCONN (Doris Burke is that you), pull things out of peopleÂ’s post that arenÂ’t there.....just to name a few. :)

If you say so 🙄

I find it funny that you think I'm a UConn fan. Just shows that you really have no idea what you're talking about with anything. It's not even worth explaining to you.

By the way, I (along with teacherdan and volfan) was a Holly Supporter until her record breaking year. But you wouldn't know that because you're too blinded by your love of Holly.

I've been trying to figure you out. Either you don't care about the team and only have eyes for Holly, or you're a troll pretending to be a Tennessee fan and supporting Holly so they will be mired in mediocrity for as long as possible. I'll give both a 50-50 chance.

Reactions: 4 people
The money will be there if our AD has the guts to pull the trigger.....

You are both Wealthy and Powerful, why don't you contact coach Fulmer, offer to buy out the remainder of Holly's contract, and Demand that he fire her.

You said you Fire people making more money than Holly, so maybe you can get Holly fired.

Reactions: 6 people
You are both Wealthy and Powerful, why don't you contact coach Fulmer, offer to buy out the remainder of Holly's contract, and Demand that he fire her.

You said you Fire people making more money than Holly, so maybe you can get Holly fired.

I not the AD....it has been made well known by several of us.....not my call in the end, as much as I wish it was....keep up the "Holly Hugging" though....

Reactions: 1 person
If you say so 🙄

I find it funny that you think I'm a UConn fan. Just shows that you really have no idea what you're talking about with anything. It's not even worth explaining to you.

By the way, I (along with teacherdan and volfan) was a Holly Supporter until her record breaking year. But you wouldn't know that because you're too blinded by your love of Holly.

I've been trying to figure you out. Either you don't care about the team and only have eyes for Holly, or you're a troll pretending to be a Tennessee fan and supporting Holly so they will be mired in mediocrity for as long as possible. I'll give both a 50-50 chance.

I vote "Holly Hugger".....

If you say so 🙄

Ok

Attachments

• CF305FA9-EB28-465F-BF82-D9F325EAA272.jpg
    CF305FA9-EB28-465F-BF82-D9F325EAA272.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 3 people
Do you mind pointing me in the direction where the “Holly Acolytes” are identifying Evina as DD, or is this fabricated to fit your narrative? Because I’ve never seen such.....just curious.

I didnÂ’t see that, but I can tell that you anyone saying EW is anything but a great team mate and person is an outright liar. I know this first hand. She is for the team and will do whatever she needs to for the good of it. Her parents are nothing but class. Having sat with them I have seen them be engaged and cheer for every player - no matter if E is in the game or not. I witnessed it many times with my own eyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
If Fulmer doesn't fire Holly hes not the right guy for the job. If he doesn't have the guts to make the uncomfortable....tough decisions that need to be made he needs to get out and do something hes more comfortable with. Make speeches...write books. Whatever. But this isn't about Fulmer and who he likes and who his friends are. If hes too weak for this then he needs to bail out NOW. And I've always been a big Phil supporter. Keeping Holly will prove he doesn't have the stones for this job. This is bigger than him and his personal feelings. Either Phil has the guts or he doesn't.

Reactions: 4 people
I have read that Fulmer is likely to extend Holly's contract this month (April). For 3 more years..... Please, if you can, contact Fulmer and express your feelings on this. Especially if you are a donor, or a big donor.

Ruined my day to read she was getting a contract extension, and then the 3 year stuff. AArrgghhhh

Reactions: 2 people
16 home games in Thompson-Boling arena.

1 on Monday, 1 on Tuesday, 2 on Wednesday, 5 on Thursday, and 7 on Sunday afternoon. I suppose that now I'll be reported as a Heathen Troll, but I thought most midweek church services were conducted on Wednesday night.

Attendance is significantly down but not for conflicting with midweek church services. Come up with a better excuse or admit the real reason. On the brighter side, everybody's Emotional Support Dog can have it's own seat. It may end up looking like the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.
Real reason attendance is down...do you go to games? I have been going for 35 plus years, the legend of fans Pat built are old, not mobile, and just can't get out of their homes, or coffins. The decline since Parker is part too, but in honesty, the true is the real bleed orange fans of the Lady Vols are in the 60s at least. All these fire holly "fans" never show up for games, no need to anymore, i can't remember the last season every game wasn't available on the internet or cable. Are play has decreased as other schools increased, but are fans empathy for support has really gone the wrong direction way more so. I started a thread earlier this year to see who had gone to the longest streak of home games, no one other than me responded greater than 2 years! Our fans are old, sit on their hands most of the time too.

Real reason attendance is down...do you go to games? I have been going for 35 plus years, the legend of fans Pat built are old, not mobile, and just can't get out of their homes, or coffins. The decline since Parker is part too, but in honesty, the true is the real bleed orange fans of the Lady Vols are in the 60s at least. All these fire holly "fans" never show up for games, no need to anymore, i can't remember the last season every game wasn't available on the internet or cable. Are play has decreased as other schools increased, but are fans empathy for support has really gone the wrong direction way more so. I started a thread earlier this year to see who had gone to the longest streak of home games, no one other than me responded greater than 2 years! Our fans are old, sit on their hands most of the time too.

Our fans have always been old but we used to be able to replace the dearly departed with a new crop. Not anymore. I do believe it has to do in part with TV. But to a larger degree, at least in the case of my family, it's simply that the Lady Vols are no fun to watch anymore.

The kids find them boring now and I find them painful. No one I can see is having any fun. The players look shell-shocked, CHW looks agonized, the remaining fans look various shades of sad, dismayed, and nostalgic as the bus heads over the cliff to La Tech style obscurity.

As a faithful attender and donor of several decades, I want some kind of assurance that the current direction of the program and quality of play is not acceptable. I need someone in authority to verbalize that there's a problem and that it will be addressed. Whether CHW stays or not, endorsement of the status quo will leave me with a really sad decision to make about continued support. Money and time are way too scarce for a past time we no longer enjoy.

I want any coach, male, female, black, white, pink and purple polka dot, even CHW, that can manage to have the kids focus, play hard, be able to stick to a game plan, run a decent half court offense, improve, and have some damn fun again! With the talent we're miraculously still getting, that should kick the quality of play up several notches.

I think that would put some butts, including mine and some future LV fans, back in the seats.

Reactions: 11 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back