Coach Holly Warlick - Fire Her Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
LV fans pay nearly $4000 for 2 nice lower level tickets...only to have games played at 9pm on a church night.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that attendance is down, but it's not the smoking gun proving the program is finished.

16 home games in Thompson-Boling arena.

1 on Monday, 1 on Tuesday, 2 on Wednesday, 5 on Thursday, and 7 on Sunday afternoon. I suppose that now I'll be reported as a Heathen Troll, but I thought most midweek church services were conducted on Wednesday night.

Attendance is significantly down but not for conflicting with midweek church services. Come up with a better excuse or admit the real reason. On the brighter side, everybody's Emotional Support Dog can have it's own seat. It may end up looking like the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Nearly every school's attendance has dropped in the era of conference networks and HDTV/streaming.

Even SC is down after a national championship season & they give their tickets away! $50 for lower level SEASON tickets with NO DONATION.

LV fans pay nearly $4000 for 2 nice lower level tickets...only to have games played at 9pm on a church night.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that attendance is down, but it's not the smoking gun proving the program is finished.

Who in their right mind would pay $4000 to watch the Lady Vols play in this era? Sell that person swampland quick!

Reactions: 2 people
Sweet Jesus, we're citing RPI now? And, I'm so happy that we'll be somewhere around 21 or so in the final rankings. It'll surely take the sting off losing in the second round of the NCAAs, again. No doubt Tony Bennett and Virginia will be talking about that great 31-2 regular season for years to come with such great reverence.

Has Warlick said this Lady Vols team is great yet? She normally refers to teams taking several butt whoopings as great. Imagine what superlative she'd give if they actually were a Final 4 contender. Even the dictionary doesn't have a listing for it.

16 home games in Thompson-Boling arena.

1 on Monday, 1 on Tuesday, 2 on Wednesday, 5 on Thursday, and 7 on Sunday afternoon. I suppose that now I'll be reported as a Heathen Troll, but I thought most midweek church services were conducted on Wednesday night.

Attendance is significantly down but not for conflicting with midweek church services. Come up with a better excuse or admit the real reason. On the brighter side, everybody's Emotional Support Dog can have it's own seat. It may end up looking like the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.

Oh, lawdy mercy. It was hyperbole. My point was that with the advent of SEC Network, the home games have been later and at inconsistent times. This makes it more tempting to just watch at home... especially with high ticket prices.

Reactions: 4 people
Who in their right mind would pay $4000 to watch the Lady Vols play in this era? Sell that person swampland quick!

Who in their right mind buys any tickets at TN under your criteria? Not like anyone's been churning out the championships lately. If you don't wanna pay for 25 wins a season, then guess you're definitely not paying $100,000 for an RV spot to watch a 4-8 football team.

Believe it or not some folks actually enjoy their college's sports and supports them, win a little or a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
You people on here calling for Holley's firing are delusional. You don't fire coaches whom take a 5eam to the NCAA, regardless of how disappointed you are. There are teams in the SEC, that would love to have her as coach! I am a Tennessee football fan (not so much women's basketball), but most of you have crapped the bed. She will right the ship.
Name one sec team that would want Holly as coach

Being a true LVFL having even grown up in Knoxville, I just can't see Holly coaching anywhere else. Her heart belongs to Tennessee.

My hope is that Tennessee takes the pressure of coaching off of her and gives her another important job serving the university and community. She would make a tremendous ambassador to Tennessee athletics, much like fellow Tennessee native Phil Fulmer did until becoming AD.

Yes , She and her "I don't knows" would be a great representative of the university. bhwaaahaahaw, :)

And don’t forget the photo of her in fetal position on the sidelines. Such an embarrassment to the University. This alone is reason enough for her dismissal.

And don’t forget the photo of her in fetal position on the sidelines. Such an embarrassment to the University. This alone is reason enough for her dismissal.

What is her status right now do anyone know ? I have talk to more then a dozen fans who go to ever lady vols home game. And they said if Holly is the coach they will stay home. I say hire Carolyn Peck or Kyra Elzy

Tennessee, assistant coach Kyra Elzy part ways - Swish Appeal

I can`t prove it but i believe whoever posted this comment at the bottom thinks also that Kyra was fed up with the way Holly was coaching. We all know Kyra is the tell you like it is coach in your face type.

The comment: Fed up?

I wonder if Elzy is fed up with seeing Holly Warlick’s incompetence as a coach take the proud Lady Vols tradition over a cliff? There was obviously a disagreement, and having an associate head coach leave the program, not to take a head coaching position somewhere else, but just "parting ways" is another sign that the dynasty that Summit built is dead. Not a single recruit for next year, and now this. Things are grim in Lady Vols land.

Reactions: 1 person
Being a true LVFL having even grown up in Knoxville, I just can't see Holly coaching anywhere else. Her heart belongs to Tennessee.

My hope is that Tennessee takes the pressure of coaching off of her and gives her another important job serving the university and community. She would make a tremendous ambassador to Tennessee athletics, much like fellow Tennessee native Phil Fulmer did until becoming AD.

She needs to be let go, so she can spend the millions of$ she’s been paid over the last several years for failing as a head coach. No more made up jobs for failures.

Holly Warlick will be the coach next season, and no matter how many juvenile fire Holly threads and posts that are made on this board, will not change that fact.

:)

Reactions: 5 people
Holly Warlick will be the coach next season, and no matter how many juvenile fire Holly threads and posts that are made on this board, will not change that fact.

:)

And no amount of your gushing over Holly will change the fact that she's an inept coach who consistently fails to get mileage out of her elite caliber recruits. Yay Holly!

I can already hear you making excuses for what will surely be the worst season in the program's modern history. It seems the Holly Acolytes have already identified Evina as 2018-2019's Diamond. Poor thing...

Reactions: 7 people
And no amount of your gushing over Holly will change the fact that she's an inept coach who consistently fails to get mileage out of her elite caliber recruits. Yay Holly!

I can already hear you making excuses for what will surely be the worst season in the program's modern history. It seems the Holly Acolytes have already identified Evina as 2018-2019's Diamond. Poor thing...
Do you mind pointing me in the direction where the “Holly Acolytes” are identifying Evina as DD, or is this fabricated to fit your narrative? Because I’ve never seen such.....just curious.

I also find it funny that people say Lady Vols cannot hire a great coach from another program, heck Louisville just hired Chris Mack from Xavier which has been a really good basketball program for a long time and he is also a Xavier alum and Louisville has a black eye with their entire sports program with Petrino wanting to leave after Jurich got fired and Pitino paying hookers to get top recruits. Top basketball coaching jobs dont come up all that often and I bet UT would have huge interest from tons of really good and big time winning coaches across the country wanting to take over this program and return it to the top!

I also find it funny that people say Lady Vols cannot hire a great coach from another program, heck Louisville just hired Chris Mack from Xavier which has been a really good basketball program for a long time and he is also a Xavier alum and Louisville has a black eye with their entire sports program with Petrino wanting to leave after Jurich got fired and Pitino paying hookers to get top recruits. Top basketball coaching jobs dont come up all that often and I bet UT would have huge interest from tons of really good and big time winning coaches across the country wanting to take over this program and return it to the top!

Men's basketball and women's basketball are VERY different in that respect. The problem with getting a blue chip coach at UT for the women's program is that they very likely would take a substantial pay cut. I don't know many people who would take a big pay cut to coach basketball, even for a storied program like UT.

Case in point, Holly makes a reported $665,000 compared to someone like Kim Mulkey who makes about $2.1 mil. or Karen Aston with similar HC experience who makes $775,000. Not saying I want either as a coach, but just unlikely any coach would leave a good women's basketball program to take a pay cut.

Most good coaches around the country are making at least $1.2 mil, not going to take 50% of that to take over UT.

The sole exception I see on the list is Cori Close at UCLA who is a fantastic coach, she makes about $475,000, but that will go up after their Elite 8 appearance this year I'll bet.

I say go for a top assistant at a great program IF there is a coaching change.

Do you mind pointing me in the direction where the “Holly Acolytes” are identifying Evina as DD, or is this fabricated to fit your narrative? Because I’ve never seen such.....just curious.

Easy, it is in the post by that same poster who can later references as some have said. Self-fulfilling negativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back