Chick-Fil-A

I do Fresh Market when I am grilling for friends and family. Top notch. Their filet skewers in Thomas Kinkade marinade are fantastic.
They have good meat. Usually, if I'm in WF it is for the food bar and then I just wind up with other stuff. Fresh Market is probably the highest prices but oddly they occasionally have excellent prices on meat, particularly prime whole tenderloins.

They have good meat. Usually, if I'm in WF it is for the food bar and then I just wind up with other stuff. Fresh Market is probably the highest prices but oddly they occasionally have excellent prices on meat, particularly prime whole tenderloins.
They've pissed me off with their fairly-recent pricing on good individual steaks (charging per steak for the center cuts, driving the # price to $20-30 depending on prime ribeye/filet). However, you're right about catching a great deal on whole primals. I think we got prime 'loins down to $9/# during a recent sale they had.

Costco has been meeting my needs for good prime cuts.

They still do the heated subs where I live. Their deli is the best. Customer service top notch too. Don’t see a cut of steak you like just tell the butcher what you want.
I got a clarification from my sub fetcher/wife. Publix used to cook the meat, onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc. for the Philly on a flat iron and then melt the cheese over the top before picking the whole mess up with a spatula and putting it on a soft roll. Nowadays, they apparently just make the sandwich and then stick it under a heat lamp aka pizza oven so the meat is not browned and the bread gets a bit toasted. At least that's what is happening here in Nashville and why I don't make much effort to shop there.

I appreciate their stances. It takes moxie in today's world to openly stand for anything.
When they were building a new CFA near me a few years ago, the construction workers worked on Sunday, other contractors for them work Sundays...….they're not squeaky clean IMO.

When they were building a new CFA near me a few years ago, the construction workers worked on Sunday, other contractors for them work Sundays...….they're not squeaky clean IMO.
they dont force their standards on others. i very much doubt CFA specified the contractors had to work on Sunday. they were likely given a schedule and it was up to the contractor to meet it. sundays or not.

they dont force their standards on others. i very much doubt CFA specified the contractors had to work on Sunday. they were likely given a schedule and it was up to the contractor to meet it. sundays or not.

I don't know, one of the first conversations would be when do you want us to do the work? You either disrupt/shut down the drive-thru during business or you do it on Sunday. That's entirely the client's choice. So it's just a bit disingenuous to say we don't work on Sunday but we need you to.

But hey, I like to eat at CFA. The food and service are both good so I will keep going there. If I have to start deciding which businesses I patronize based on those kinds of quibbles, I'm not gonna have many places I can go.

I don't know, one of the first conversations would be when do you want us to do the work? You either disrupt/shut down the drive-thru during business or you do it on Sunday. That's entirely the client's choice. So it's just a bit disingenuous to say we don't work on Sunday but we need you to.

But hey, I like to eat at CFA. The food and service are both good so I will keep going there. If I have to start deciding which businesses I patronize based on those kinds of quibbles, I'm not gonna have many places I can go.
Think you missed the word "new".

Think you missed the word "new".

You're right, I did. I was thinking about when they added the second drive-thru at Gunbarrel in Chatt — I had posted about that earlier. I guess I'm sufficiently self-absorbed to read someone else's post and respond about my own.

Reactions: vollygirl
So much blasphemy and heathen in here.

I can only understand the overrated claim if you aren't from a part of the country that has a Chick-fil-A, you've heard it talked up for years, and once you get around to trying it it just can't live up to everything you've heard. They hear it talked up, finally eat it one day, then say something like "It's good, but it wasn't as good as the chicken at insert name of a sit-down restaurant." People who haven't had it before get it built up to a ridiculous level of expectation and end up comparing it to something it really shouldn't be compared to.

You gotta remember though...CFA is a fast food restaurant. It should be compared to other fast food restaurants. The food and the service are just so incredibly superior (admittedly not a high bar, but CFA does a great job) to all their peers that I'm not sure how you can say it's overrated.
At McDonald’s you pray that the kids had a good day at school before you hit the drive through. 😬

Reactions: Behr
What do you think about Red Robin?

The one near me in Tampa has great service and I like their burgers and their Bottomless Fries.
Culver's opened up across the street from them so they are doing more BOGO's and other promotions.

The one near me in Tampa has great service and I like their burgers and their Bottomless Fries.
Culver's opened up across the street from them so they are doing more BOGO's and other promotions.
It’s pretty good. Not 3 times in the 4 days we were at Disneyland because my wife’s a former employee good...but pretty good.

CFA provides promotional cards for a free meal to donors at my employer's blood drives. Overall, I agree that the staffs and service at CFAs is superior. The restaurants are generally cleaner than most other fast food places. The one time that I was served less than hot & fresh food, I wrote to the franchisee, expressing my disappointment. He sent me cards for free food at his restaurants and offered to meet me at one. Only one CFA that I have visited failed to meet these standards - the one on US 23, just north of I285. As I do not know if or when I might be in that vicinity again, c'est la vie.

CFA doesn't own the contractors, nor would they force their views on contractors. I would imagine a construction crew's schedule is totally up to that company. If construction gets behind, they work 7 days cause they have to meet a deadline or start paying money for missing.

Reactions: volfanCLT

I thought this was new? Unless the scope is very limited I dont see the fire Marshall or health inspector passing that on a renovation. It can be done, but it's not fun for any involved.

To me bottomless Fries means that they keep bringing them until I cry uncle. I've never seen that yet.

Reactions: VolNExile
Getting back to chicken and dovetailing the theme of oddly located franchises...just about every time I come out of Georgia on 75, my wife wants to stop at Guthrie's in Tunnel Hill for a bucket of fingers. How they ever wound up with a store there puzzles me.

VN Store

Back