Chick-Fil-A

I appreciate their stances. It takes moxie in today's world to openly stand for anything.

Although... while I respect standing by your convictions at the cost of lost profits, I did start seeing that pretty cynically a few years ago when they put in a second drive-thru location at their Gunbarrel Road location in Chatt. They did all the construction work on a Sunday when they were closed. Seemed like a convenient dodge to avoid disruption to business — just let someone else work on Sunday instead, I guess.

But guess what? I live by my convictions too and my convictions say CFA has yummy food so I keep right on eating there.

I love CFA's chicken biscuits, sandwiches and nuggets, but despite dropping $10+ just for myself to eat there, I never get full. Have to say that never happens at Zaxby's. Bigger portions for the win, imo. Plus, for some reason, I always want CFA on Sundays and we all know how that ends up

Reactions: VolNExile
As for the slow service / wait times, it ain't magic! CFA was 20 high energy people working at one time, who actually seem to care about customer service. Zax has 6-7 employees who appear to be more concerned with their break times and ...... well that's about it.

I am a fan of all things Publix
We got crosswise when they stopped heating the sub sandwiches. I was a big fan of the Philly sub. Now, I rarely shop there. In my area, Kroger just offers more. Publix seems to be the go to spot for old people, particularly the Maryland Farms store in Brentwood.

We got crosswise when they stopped heating the sub sandwiches. I was a big fan of the Philly sub. Now, I rarely shop there. In my area, Kroger just offers more. Publix seems to be the go to spot for old people, particularly the Maryland Farms store in Brentwood.

They still do the heated subs where I live. Their deli is the best. Customer service top notch too. Don’t see a cut of steak you like just tell the butcher what you want.

Publix is more expensive.
Here, the Kroger that is closest to my home sells gas and getting the fuel points is sweet. Also, I like that when Kroger has a BOGO, they just let you buy one for half price. My 80 y.o. mother in law likes Publix because it's less crowded, has wider aisles, and always seems to have more cashiers on duty than Kroger. I probably shop 75% Kroger, and the other 25% randomly split between Whole Foods, Publix, Fresh Market, and Belmont Grocery, which may be a Foodland. Sometimes it's about convenience or a special prepared food thay I can only get one place, but usually I just want to go to one place where I can get all my stuff and maybe drink a beer while I'm doing it.

Here, the Kroger that is closest to my home sells gas and getting the fuel points is sweet. Also, I like that when Kroger has a BOGO, they just let you buy one for half price. My 80 y.o. mother in law likes Publix because it's less crowded, has wider aisles, and always seems to have more cashiers on duty than Kroger. I probably shop 75% Kroger, and the other 25% randomly split between Whole Foods, Publix, Fresh Market, and Belmont Grocery, which may be a Foodland. Sometimes it's about convenience or a special prepared food thay I can only get one place, but usually I just want to go to one place where I can get all my stuff and maybe drink a beer while I'm doing it.
I do Fresh Market when I am grilling for friends and family. Top notch. Their filet skewers in Thomas Kinkade marinade are fantastic.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

VN Store

Back