Brooklynn Miles

She was 4-12 through five games at the Nike EYBL Louisville session and 5-16 through fives games at Nike Nationals.

9-28 (32.1%) through the 10 games at two events from the free throw line.

At the same events, she was a total of 2-16 from three.

Kentucky Premier was a very good team though, going 7-3 through the two events. Maddie Scherr (Oregon signee) was probably the team’s best player, then Wynn.

One of the three team’s they lost to was Darby’s Tennessee Flight squad.

If she has a weakness, it is far exceeded by her strengths
As I said above, often it isn't the athlete, it is the lack of focus in training

Reactions: mike099
A great nickname for Miles would be Frosty....That's gold, Coach....Gold!
79ee17af6413001fb8e2bd5dbd228238.jpg
My absolute favorite poem. The only one I have committed to memory. Thanks for posting it GT!

Okay now i'm not understanding the tone of this thread that i thought was supposed to be a positive one.

All threads seem to start out with the right goal, but negativity rears its head no matter what
There are some people who couldn't find a good quality in Billy Graham, Ghandi or the Pope.....Sadly.

Reactions: Nickid1975
Looking at stats is neither negative nor positive. It's stats. If Coach Harper thinks we need a certain player, I hope we get her. Interested fans are interested in recruits' stats.
Exactly. I look as best I can at all information about a recruit my team is interested in and I don’t understand the need to sugarcoat any information that doesn’t reflect well on the recruit. It is what it is.

Okay, this is going to sound negative. And a big caveat...it's based solely on the footage posted above from only one game.

Offense: I was hoping to see Brooklyn penetrate and dish more. Instead, she took it in herself and got cleanly blocked at least three times (without drawing fouls). Also, I saw her lose the handle/get stripped of ball at least twice.

Overall, she display good ballhandling skills. She does favor going to her right (in fact, an opposing fan kept advising her team to force Brooklyn to her left.

Defense: Pretty good, although allowed opponent to blow past a time or two with little challenge. Also showed a tendency to spectate when off the ball. Other teammates seemed more active and on their toes more, arm(s) out to deny passes. Brooklyn was straight up and walking around, watching a bit too spectator-like.

I saw good potential but also areas that need a lot of work to be an effective SEC pg. This is meant as constructive criticism. She's got an entire senior year to improve her skills to match her speed.

[Edit: One game is not a summation of talent. Obviously, her team trusted her to bring the ball up the floir. She did make some nice passes to open teammates, and she wasn't hesitant. Also obviously, Kellie and staff are privy to lots more game footage and evaluations, and I trust them to find talented players to fit their system. They obviously see a lot of potential in Broklynn, and I trust their research and judgment.]

I thought Kaiya looked good and rebounded well. Her free throw form was good, and she moved well off the ball. And hate that Kellie had no chance to contact Scherr, who showed a variety of moves and excellent passing skills.

Last edited:
Where is Shanell "Nelli” Haskins # 20 of MD Terps going to school? Quick first step, good ball presence, great ball-handling skills.

She was 4-12 through five games at the Nike EYBL Louisville session and 5-16 through fives games at Nike Nationals.

9-28 (32.1%) through the 10 games at two events from the free throw line.

At the same events, she was a total of 2-16 from three.

Kentucky Premier was a very good team though, going 7-3 through the two events. Maddie Scherr (Oregon signee) was probably the team’s best player, then Wynn.

One of the three team’s they lost to was Darby’s Tennessee Flight squad.

Yikes, when quickness is your game and you are a PG, the free throw percentage
is a big concern to me.

How well did she shoot in hs competition? FT and 3 point?

I ask because sometimes there is an adjustment period if you're used to shooting in a small hs gym and then you move into a larger arena. It affects your depth perception. It can take about a month to adjust and feel comfortable. FT% and 3 point% should not decline from HS to college... typically.

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back