Brooklynn Miles

I didn’t compare them. I just replied to someone that did.

And for every low ranked player that over achieved I could name many many more that didn’t.

And you can name just as many highly rated players that under achieve compared to their ranking.

Maybe not on day one, but her upside, to me, is much higher!
Massengil was just another tall guard to me, where Brooklynn fills a need that we have had for quite a while,,,A small/quick multifaceted PG

We have't had one of those in forever.
I compare her potential to Crystal Dangerfield once she gets a little experience
And I would take that type of guard over the potential of Jazmine any day
You could be right. Time will Tell.

I was replying to a poster that compared them NOW, not comparing her upside. Sounds like you agree with me.

It’s Massengill. And no, the 46th ranked player going into her senior year is not better than Jazz.

However, Miles is very good and will be a great addition for Tennessee if she goes there.
Never put too much faith in HG ranking. The most recent point is 2018 #32 ranked Rhyne Howard who is now one of the top players in the country. All the rankings can deviate significantly case in point Caroline Ducharme HG #37, Blue Star #7, Prospects #23.

Reactions: Hangtyme24
Never put too much faith in HG ranking. The most recent point is 2018 #32 ranked Rhyne Howard who is now one of the top players in the country. All the rankings can deviate significantly case in point Caroline Ducharme HG #37, Blue Star #7, Prospects #23.
Of course. But odds are that she will play to her ranking, which at 46 is still pretty good.

After watching short clip I do see why Hoopgurlz assessment was one of the fastest and quickest if not the quickest in the country point. We need this type of point guard bad. Offense can develop through hard work.

Reactions: GameTime
After watching short clip I do see why Hoopgurlz assessment was one of the fastest and quickest if not the quickest in the country point. We need this type of point guard bad. Offense can develop through hard work.

I like her "first step" on her crossover, it is blink of an eye quick

Maria's article on Wynn included a sentence where Wynn had talked/texted her I found significant as meaning she was being recruited heavily.

The Miles girl "attacks the defense"....Makes them either foul her, or she is most likely going to score....We do need her, and I hope she needs us too.

An aggressive point guard, will help with the rebirth of the Lady Vols...We have Miles to go before we sleep....
EJf1qZcXkAIK3ef.jpg

51wUheh54iL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

A great nickname for Miles would be Frosty....That's gold, Coach....Gold!
79ee17af6413001fb8e2bd5dbd228238.jpg

I am sure when it mattered, she came through

They all matter Coach. Do you know how many games went into the 30 something % free throw shooting stat?

Wondering if this is a typical shooting percent, a red flag, or if it was just a bad weekend. I'd like us to have a pg who is a threat to score from outside as well as being fast and able to drive. And one who can make free throws when fouled.

Last edited:
Reactions: glv98
Her ranking may not be very high but rankings have let us down in recent years. We will take anyone willing to come.

They all matter Coach. Do you know how many games went into the 30 something % free throw shooting stat?

Wondering if this is a typical shooting percent, a red flag, or if it was just a bad weekend. I'd like us to have a pg who is a threat to score from outside as well as being fast and able to drive. And one who can make free throws when fouled.

Ditto, must hit the freebies.

Reactions: mcannon1

It could also be in her training
every coach has strengths and every coach has weaknesses
She may need training on this aspect of her game,,,maybe not, I still haven't seen numbers

Reactions: mcannon1
How many games went into the 30% free throw shooting stat?
She was 4-12 through five games at the Nike EYBL Louisville session and 5-16 through fives games at Nike Nationals.

9-28 (32.1%) through the 10 games at two events from the free throw line.

At the same events, she was a total of 2-16 from three.

Kentucky Premier was a very good team though, going 7-3 through the two events. Maddie Scherr (Oregon signee) was probably the team’s best player, then Wynn.

One of the three team’s they lost to was Darby’s Tennessee Flight squad.

VN Store

Back