Brian Kelly to LSU

Lol

He’ll find out real quick the schedules are wayyyyyyyy different.

No more playing only 1 team which finishes ranked………and even losing that game…..and have any chance whatsoever to make the playoffs.
At least he’ll be in a damn conference. ND will never be ahead of 1 loss sec teams.

Reactions: Firebirdparts
Not even close? Notre Dame brings in more revenue than LSU
Mike Brey was the highest compensated Notre Dame Fighting Irish coach in the 2018-2019 fiscal year, according to tax documents released today by the university.
But the federal disclosure doesn’t require the university to detail at least two sources of compensation for football coach Brian Kelly, which likely means he had the highest income of any coach during the year ending June 30, 2019.
The university reported it made payments to Kelly’s limited liability company, but were excluded because they’re not required as part of the IRS Form 990 disclosure. As in past years, the accountants also noted that Kelly “is permitted to receive compensation from external sources with prior written approval from the university.” Since the university is not a party to those agreements —- for example, between Kelly and Under Armour — and the coach doesn’t provide any services to the university because of those agreements, they don’t have to be included in this document.
The university’s top compensated employees for this reporting period were:

• Scott C. Malpass, the vice president and chief investment officer: $4,880,935 (Last period: $10,125,247)
  • Michael D. Donovan, managing director of investments: $2,273,118 (Last period: $4,464,394
  • John B. “Jack” Swarbrick Jr., athletic director: $2,585,125 (Last period: $1,688,111)
  • Brian Kelly, head football coach: $1,863,893 (Last period: $1,665,020)
  • Muffet McGraw, head women’s basketball coach: $2,071,822 (Last period: $1,561,763)
  • Michael P. Brey, head men’s basketball coach: $1,680,981 (Last period: $1,256,700)
  • Richard Buhrman, investment director: $1,5661,023
  • Rev. John Jenkins, president of the university: $1,125,653. paid directly to the Congregation of Holy Cross. (Last period: $1,086,106)
Brey’s compensation figure above does not include $678,000 paid to him by Play by Play Sports, the multi-media marketing rights holder for Notre Dame. McGraw received $150,000 from the same entity.
Kelly’s base compensation was $1.29 million. He received $317,000 in bonuses and incentives. McGraw’s base compensation was $1.218 million. She received $678,958 in bonuses. Brey’s base compensation was $1.03 million. He received $495,378 in bonuses.
Most of Malpass’, Donovan’s and Buhrman’s compensations are incentive based, and reflective of the performance of the university’s endowment pool. The pool returned 7.2 percent for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2019, and ended the year with a value of $13.72 billion, up from $13.12 billion at the end of the prior fiscal year.
Malpass received $2.96 million in the 2018 calendar year related to the performance of the university’s investment pool. Donovan received $1.13 million during the same year and Buhrman received $713,099 related to this program.

Source: SB Nation

Reactions: BigDave
This is getting wild. I think I’ve had enough drama. Please extend Heupel with a hefty buyout increase

Kalen Deboer to Washington. First to call Kiffin going home to Fresno State 😁 You know, former Graduate Assistant back to school that first hired him logic.

What the what? I though ND had an outside chance at the playoff this year. Nobody pays like the SEC I guess. Must be all about $$$. Recruiting will be easier for Kelly at LSU but the competition won’t. Kelly isn’t a Southern guy but wasn’t he mentioned as a choice for UT at one time? After Fulmer?
Yes

Kind of a punk move, imo. His team gonna be gathered round the TV watching the playoff selection, and they ain’t even gonna have their head coach with em.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
Riley was afraid of the SEC
If Riley can coach up USC it will be a lot easier for him to get USC into the CFP than in the SEC. With that said, I doubt he would have much trouble winning at LSU with the talent he could pull in there.

Reactions: tngivm6
Mike Brey was the highest compensated Notre Dame Fighting Irish coach in the 2018-2019 fiscal year, according to tax documents released today by the university.
But the federal disclosure doesn’t require the university to detail at least two sources of compensation for football coach Brian Kelly, which likely means he had the highest income of any coach during the year ending June 30, 2019.
The university reported it made payments to Kelly’s limited liability company, but were excluded because they’re not required as part of the IRS Form 990 disclosure. As in past years, the accountants also noted that Kelly “is permitted to receive compensation from external sources with prior written approval from the university.” Since the university is not a party to those agreements —- for example, between Kelly and Under Armour — and the coach doesn’t provide any services to the university because of those agreements, they don’t have to be included in this document.
The university’s top compensated employees for this reporting period were:

• Scott C. Malpass, the vice president and chief investment officer: $4,880,935 (Last period: $10,125,247)
  • Michael D. Donovan, managing director of investments: $2,273,118 (Last period: $4,464,394
  • John B. “Jack” Swarbrick Jr., athletic director: $2,585,125 (Last period: $1,688,111)
  • Brian Kelly, head football coach: $1,863,893 (Last period: $1,665,020)
  • Muffet McGraw, head women’s basketball coach: $2,071,822 (Last period: $1,561,763)
  • Michael P. Brey, head men’s basketball coach: $1,680,981 (Last period: $1,256,700)
  • Richard Buhrman, investment director: $1,5661,023
  • Rev. John Jenkins, president of the university: $1,125,653. paid directly to the Congregation of Holy Cross. (Last period: $1,086,106)
Brey’s compensation figure above does not include $678,000 paid to him by Play by Play Sports, the multi-media marketing rights holder for Notre Dame. McGraw received $150,000 from the same entity.
Kelly’s base compensation was $1.29 million. He received $317,000 in bonuses and incentives. McGraw’s base compensation was $1.218 million. She received $678,958 in bonuses. Brey’s base compensation was $1.03 million. He received $495,378 in bonuses.
Most of Malpass’, Donovan’s and Buhrman’s compensations are incentive based, and reflective of the performance of the university’s endowment pool. The pool returned 7.2 percent for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2019, and ended the year with a value of $13.72 billion, up from $13.12 billion at the end of the prior fiscal year.
Malpass received $2.96 million in the 2018 calendar year related to the performance of the university’s investment pool. Donovan received $1.13 million during the same year and Buhrman received $713,099 related to this program.

Source: SB Nation
And?

If that's the case, why not just give Heupel a life time contract and start paying him $10 million/year? Who needs the metrics of progress, right?

Would anyone really be upset at Heupel making 10 million a year if he got us into a playoff with 3-4 years of taking the job? I know I wouldn’t….. just like I had no problem with us paying Barnes to keep him at Tennessee.

Lol some guy on Tiger Rant (or whatever) posted “Brian Kelly is the winningest active coach in college football”

Lol….this guy never heard of Nick Saban?
Never heard of Riley, Ryan Day………lol or even Josh Heupel?

Number of wins or winning % Kelly is not the top…….not even top 5.

He’s a good “safe” hire………not sure how awesome he’ll be, I guess we’ll see…….he ain’t a young guy though.

So Kelly was making less than 2 million at ND? There has to be some undisclosed booster money somewhere. If that's all he was making he's going to triple his salary or more at LSU. I'd leave too.

So Kelly was making less than 2 million at ND? There has to be some undisclosed booster money somewhere. If that's all he was making he's going to triple his salary or more at LSU. I'd leave too.
I'm sure he was probably pulling in 3.5 to 4.5 million a year with other compensation. Decent money, but a FAR cry from what LSU will pay him.

For the love of money

VN Store

Back