Brian Kelly to LSU

Would love to see Meyer go there and fail big time. I think they are set up to win 10 games or so but due to recruiting challenges I don’t think they have a good path to Nattys anymore. They are never talented enough to play with the big boys who make the playoffs. They get exposed every time they have to play the SEC or another powerhouse.

ND always looks slow and un-athletic when they play a legit SEC team

Reactions: govols105
I think it’s an ego thing. Believes he’s being held back at ND. That being said it’s a pretty good sales pitch for coach who has been relatively close to winning a championship that each of the last 3 at LSU has done it.
Notre Dame is not going to pay the money that LSU is offering I'm sure. Kelly probably thinks it's his "retirement package." Doesn't matter if he's fired....he'll walk away with millions.

Reactions: NashvilleFan
Kelly to LSU would be quite the grab.
Not sure though if the administration and fans there are patient enough though.

I mean they just ran a guy off that is 2 years removed from a NATIONAL title.
Kelly with all the resources and ties that ND has only sniffed the playoffs once in how many years???...not sure the Bayou folk are that patient.
He also has more academic restrictions than any other coach on this side of the country.

Reactions: saxvol and knox73
multiple reports

Wow. What an idiot. Brian Kelly has about as much a chance of making it at LSU as Forrest Gump has a chance at getting into Harvard by crushing the SAT.

This is the worst decision I’ve ever seen a coach make. Unless he just got bored at Notre Dame...

Notre Dame is not going to pay the money that LSU is offering I'm sure. Kelly probably thinks it's his "retirement package." Doesn't matter if he's fired....he'll walk away with millions.
You think LSU has more money than Notre Dame?

Wow. What an idiot. Brian Kelly has about as much a chance of making it at LSU as Forrest Gump has a chance at getting into Harvard by crushing the SAT.

This is the worst decision I’ve ever seen a coach make. Unless he just got bored at Notre Dame...

In Notre Dames history, 12 years is the longest any coach has stayed there... it was time for him to move..and LSU gave him the lottery

He’s seem too nerdy for LSU. He couldn’t handle Mardi Gras
Well the consensus of why Orgeron was ultimately told to get lost was while married bringing his gf around and those pics of them in bed him grinning ear to ear. So replace him with someone who while volatile on field has religious background. And no that accident in video tape tower doesnt indict a man for morals.

Reactions: cgrish
We'll see how this goes if it is indeed true.
I see lots of folks saying he won't do as well or will have to play tougher competition, which is true.
He will also have a roster that is top to bottom better than he had at Notre Dame, and arguably, a top 5 roster every year.
No doubt he is a good coach because he has won everywhere he has been. He's never had the talent he is going to have at LSU to work with.

Yeah. I mean LSU definitely wins the hiring battle in the media as far them and Florida. I still just don’t know that this is a good fit for them. Kelly is in for some culture shock.

Reactions: tbwhhs

VN Store

Back