Brian Kelly to LSU

Why would Kelly going to LSU, warrant a renegotiation of Heupel's contract after a single season?
Because it’s one less candidate that OU might have chosen instead. Paying Heupel a little more and increasing our long term security is wise. This is coming from the same athletic department that is spending Lord knows what on Neyland renovations.

Reactions: EBFVOL and dgrind65
Why would Kelly going to LSU, warrant a renegotiation of Heupel's contract after a single season?

People act like giving a coach a raise and buyout will stop them from leaving. All it's done for UT is bite them in the ass numerous times but this fanbase never learns.

Reactions: mpfvol
This is a smoke screen, why in the world would BK leave ND unless he feels he is on the hot seat next year?

I know right?!?...Hell If I ever got that Notre Dame job I am there until I retire or they fire me!...Maybe he was getting on the hot seat there?

He's on the verge of the playoffs. Not going to make it, but in the conversation. I just don't get it.

Reactions: VOLnMiami
ND is now the biggest job out there. This may put OU on the back burner leaving us holding our breath on Heupel for a little longer.

I don't get it. He has it made at ND. Good luck to BK's coaching search in 4 years.
I think it’s an ego thing. Believes he’s being held back at ND. That being said it’s a pretty good sales pitch for coach who has been relatively close to winning a championship that each of the last 3 at LSU has done it.

Reactions: Remy
I respect the balls on Kelly to this job right now as opposed to the ease of success that Notre Dame provided.

Not only are potential sanctions in the works, but the competition he’ll face just increased significantly. I’m sure money had a lot to do with it, but kudos to him for taking on the challenge.

Reactions: stolitonic

VN Store

Back