Breaking: Vols’ schedule additions

Alabama got what they wanted and eliminated Florida. The SEC is rigged.
The SEC identified Bama and UGA as their best chance to win the NC and stacked the deck to give them the best opportunity possible.

The SEC obviously has the hardest road over any conference, but this is complete bs and will result in UGA and Bama further solidifying recruiting advantage for years to come as they are being propped up by the SEC in the clearest way possible.

Pathetic.

I don't like the A&M draw because they are similar to us in a number of ways. Jimbo has been recruiting well, they have a lot of upperclassmen and they haven't had any significant coaching turnover. The loss of spring practice hasn't effected them as much as some others. Their QB has struggled on the road but, with Neyland at %50, that may not matter.

A&M will be a tough game for us i think.

Alabama and Tennessee common opponents....Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, and Texas A&M. (Identical)

Tennessee gets Florida, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt
Alabama gets LSU, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State.

Then of course, Tennessee plays Alabama while Alabama plays Tennessee.

Someone please explain to me where the major differences are.

Alabama and Tennessee common opponents....Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, and Texas A&M. (Identical)

Once you put the entire schedule into perspective the additions make sense.

Reactions: IndianaVol

Hey! It's already been said but It bears repeating. Don't come in hear with facts and logic!😂

It’s also on the UT administration. I still go back to the almost 2 decades Tennessee played Ga & Fla back to back. Only occasionally was it broken up. Yet the first year Auburn decides they don’t want to play Ga & Ala in 3 weeks, the SEC changes the schedule for them.

Given what the other conferences did, there was no way the SEC was going to jeopardize their playoff chances. One Power 5 conference is always left out in the cold, and the SEC was going to make d*mn sure it wasn't them.

With the exception of Georgia, doesn’t every team play at least 4 top-15 teams? The Vols get 5. Georgia gets 3.
Could be fairer, but it will be enjoyable regardless.

Boy, Arkansas and Missouri got absolutely fricked.

No surprise Bama, UGA, and LSU get it easy. League protecting their best bets to win the natty.

Reactions: strkr
With the exception of Georgia, doesn’t every team play at least 4 top-15 teams? The Vols get 5. Georgia gets 3.
Could be fairer, but it will be enjoyable regardless.

First of all, this is based on preseason rankings. We technically don't know who is better than who.

But, if things play out like preseason predictions say they will than the first issue is the Eastern Division.

Georgia and Florida are the only two who are ranked. So, right off the bat, 5 Eastern schools play 2 ranked teams, while Florida and Georgia each play one (each other). So, this is where the fairness theory begins to get blown up.

It's not Florida and Georgia's fault that no one else in the division is ranked. Georgia can't play Georgia and Florida can't play Florida. So, that's one less ranked team those two are playing.

Same with the West. Arkansas has to play Auburn, Alabama, LSU, and A&M who are all ranked. But, Alabama only faces Auburn, LSU, and A&M. Well, again, Alabama can't play Alabama.

Obviously, there are more ranked teams in the West than the East and that's going to throw things off as well.

The ironic thing is with all this consternation, I doubt we ever kick the ball off. I hope we do, but I doubt it.

Bama and UGA had the toughest draws going in. Add up the records from last year. The SEC made it as even as they possibly could.

SERIOUSLY? Not concerned about Bama schedule, other division. Within division we play the same 5 other games as GA (and FL), so the only difference there is that when we play them, they are expected by pundits to be better since they are ranked and we aren't. From the west division, we play Bama (#3), Auburn (#11), A&M (#13) and unranked Ark. Georgia plays west division Bama (#3), Auburn (#11), unranked and not expected to be good Miss St. and Ark. Florida plays west division LSU (#5), A&M (#13) and unranked and not expected to be good Ole Miss and Ark. Please explain to me exactly how this is close to being even?

SERIOUSLY? Not concerned about Bama schedule, other division. Within division we play the same 5 other games as GA (and FL), so the only difference there is that when we play them, they are expected by pundits to be better since they are ranked and we aren't. From the west division, we play Bama (#3), Auburn (#11), A&M (#13) and unranked Ark. Georgia plays west division Bama (#3), Auburn (#11), unranked and not expected to be good Miss St. and Ark. Florida plays west division LSU (#5), A&M (#13) and unranked and not expected to be good Ole Miss and Ark. Please explain to me exactly how this is close to being even?

There is a one win difference between UGA's and UF's West slates and UT's. Their opponents went 14-18 while UT's went 15-17.

Expected way worse...and would have been ok with it. Recruits are going to see we’re serious.
Nope. What they will see is the SEC will take care of the teams we are trying to compete against. And then ask, why fight the SEC?

OK, so we're playing with the big boys. I think we're ready to do that, maybe pull out two or three. Keep things moving in the right direction. I'd be good with that. GO VOLS!!
I guess you’ve failed to consider our likely starting QB will be JG after not having a Spring practice.

We are doomed.

Nope. What they will see is the SEC will take care of the teams we are trying to compete against. And then ask, why fight the SEC?
Take care of the teams that recruit and develop the best talent...which will include UT. Kids like to be part of new waves. Contrarian spirits.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
He’s right. I hate to say it. It’s time we stop donations and spend time doing other things. College football is not what it used to be and has been ruined by the love of money.
G’head

VN Store

Back