Breaking: Vols’ schedule additions

So Tennessee already was scheduled to play, based on preseason schedule, 3, 4 and 8. We have now added 11 and 13. We are missing 5 (LSU) which is vastly overrated after losing most of their offensive weapons.

You have to look at the 3 SEC teams they don’t play before you can judge the schedule.
True, but you also have to look at everybody's schedule after the additions. Do you think more could have been done to balance schedules? IMO, no one is saying our schedule got tougher than it was originally, we are saying the league should have tried to make all schedules as equal as possible. This season is an anomaly; any "championships" will be tagged with an asterisk.

I honestly don't mind it the more I think about it. I think most people have 21 or 22 circled as "the year" so facing as much good competition as we can this year can really help the progress of the younger players. In an ideal world of course.

Reactions: FïreBall
IF (and I stress IF) we get to play, I look at this season as a freebie and I say shut up, line up and play. This is nothing like any of us have ever seen and nobody knows what a team is going to face from week to week. You could go against a Bama or Georgia who’s missing 10 starters if an infection breaks out. Or we could be minus 10 starters. Or multiple games could be cancelled at any point in time. On the national front, you have the other Power 5 conferences playing conference only against decidedly inferior schedules versus the SEC so what does any of it mean? Line up and play and enjoy it if we get to. This season is a free shot and it will be crazy and fun to watch. IF it even starts and lasts the whole year. I’ll believe it when I see it.

"If" the games get played I'm loving this all SEC season. I like the Auburn and A&M additions we got. To beat an old rival like Auburn again will be awesome.

True, but you also have to look at everybody's schedule after the additions. Do you think more could have been done to balance schedules? IMO, no one is saying our schedule got tougher than it was originally, we are saying the league should have tried to make all schedules as equal as possible. This season is an anomaly; any "championships" will be tagged with an asterisk.
I haven’t had a chance to look at everybody’s schedule.

We don’t play LSU, Ole Miss and Miss State.

I’m not sure of the 3 that LSU doesn’t play.

Last edited:
Since they’re screwing us anyway, this would be the perfect year to put our Florida game at the end of the season. No excuse of having Florida State this year. Would love to see them come to Neyland in late November, but I won’t hold my breath.

Reactions: onevol74
Florida and Georgia "skate" because the East sucks. They play 3 ranked and 2 of the 3 are from the West. The rest of the East plays Florida AND Georgia. Since Florida and Georgia can only play each other and can't play themselves.....they "skate"

F your opinion.

Reactions: escapegoat2
Some of this was because there was no way around it.

Bama already had Georgia and Tennessee on the schedule. Unless you put Florida on it, there wasn’t anything else to do. And they just played South Carolina last year.

Georgia already was playing Auburn and Alabama. What else were they going to get?

Yes, you do have to look at ALL FOUR out of division games.

Vols get 2, 3, 4 and 7 from last years standings. Average is 4.

Gators get 1, 4, 6 and 7. Average is 4.5.

Dawgs get 2, 3, 5 and 7. Average is 4.25.

This is the reverse of what it should be based on last season’s order of finish. And, in all actuality, Georgia should have averaged around 2.5-3.5, Florida 2.5-4 and Tenn 3.5-4.5. But, hey, why try to use unbiased math and logic when you can manipulate it to whatever you want?

ALABAMA: Kentuck at home ...Mizzou on the road
scam-alert-mgn.jpg

VN Store

Back