Breaking: Vols’ schedule additions

Shove your snowflake where the sun don't shine. Didn't ask for fair, demand it.
You can demand all you want, but answer the question: Why does UT deserve any preferential treatment since we haven't been good for over 20 years. If you want fairness, Missouri deserves a better schedule, they've won the SEC East twice since we last won it. You seem like a "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" type, which means you understand things aren't fair or does that only apply when its things/people you don't like?

You're full of it. Show me where you have discussed the SEC's decision to "balance" things out this year and whether that decision is a fundamentally fair or unfair one.

You're clearly not illiterate, so just read my posts rather than immediately hitting "reply."

That's the closest you came to discussing it.

I enjoy discussion. I'm not telling you that your opinion is wrong as there is no right or wrong here. Further, I don't care whether or not you agree with me. Your take on the matter is perfectly reasonable. I'm relaying my understanding of the decisions that were made. You clearly cannot or will not process a dissenting viewpoint.

Last edited:
If you are going to make UT play aTm which is halfway across the country, then someone please explain why our game with Oklahoma got cancelled? In the interest of spreading the disease, both of those teams are from the same area of the country.

If you are going to make UT play aTm which is halfway across the country, then someone please explain why our game with Oklahoma got cancelled? In the interest of spreading the disease, both of those teams are from the same area of the country.

It's not about safety. It's about flexibility.

Reactions: chrismc1000
Considering the length of this thread, Auburn and TAM must be proud of the collective sharting of pants exhibited by Vol fans

Yeah it'd be nice if we could just go into the games and play them, whup ass, taking care of business and not really GAF who they put on the schedule. I don't see any reason why we can't beat both Auburn and ATM this year. Win football games and none of the slights or biases (perceived or real) matter. It'll sure be nice when the whole fan base gets the mindset of bring it on whoever we have to play and the team steamrolls.

You can demand all you want, but answer the question: Why does UT deserve any preferential treatment since we haven't been good for over 20 years. If you want fairness, Missouri deserves a better schedule, they've won the SEC East twice since we last won it. You seem like a "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" type, which means you understand things aren't fair or does that only apply when its things/people you don't like?
Nobody should receive preferential treatment, nobody.

Nobody should receive preferential treatment, nobody.
While you are right in that sentiment, you know as well as I do that just isn't the case in sports or in life. Sports are important because they teach us this fact, and I know you know that. The truth of the matter is, whether you want to admit it or not, Tennessee doesn't deserve to be treated like a top tier program when we aren't one. We are at best a middling program (over the past 20+ years) and deserve to be treated like one until they can prove otherwise.

While you are right in that sentiment, you know as well as I do that just isn't the case in sports or in life. Sports are important because they teach us this fact, and I know you know that. The truth of the matter is, whether you want to admit it or not, Tennessee doesn't deserve to be treated like a top tier program when we aren't one. We are at best a middling program (over the past 20+ years) and deserve to be treated like one until they can prove otherwise.
This is a dead end with you. All teams, be it vandy or bama, should be treated equally. As for life, it's not always fair, but more often than not it is. A rich man or poor man will someday equal the same amount of dust.

I know I am late to this thread but have been on vacation the last few days (at my lakehouse so social distancing was maintained. : ).) This point has already been made I am sure but this schedule really shows how unimportant Tennessee is now to the SEC. Bama, UGA and UF all whined and got their way. Tennessee gets treated like a cupcake for others. What does not kill us makes us stronger though so bring it on!

Reactions: swampfoxfan
SEC's top teams ALL get cake walk scrimmages while our beloved Vols go to Aubby "AGAIN" and get A&M at home which won't be easy. #LifeOfAVolFan

VN Store

Back