Brandon Huntley-Hatfield enters the transfer portal

5pts 1rbd in his Louisville debut, a 57-47 exhibition loss to D2 Lenore-Rhyne.

lmao

Where are all the posters wringing their hands over BHH's departure? I get the star-gazing side of this but I felt at the time he left this was a prime example of addition by subtraction. Hope he figures it out but doubt he will.

Reactions: UneducatedGuess
He thinks he’s a three and the people around him won’t tell him that he’s too slow for that position. I don’t see him at Louisville next season. Whether it’s a transfer or playing overseas. Just terrible.

BHH will be playing overseas next year or will be playing at Memphis... he's the exact type of "me" player that Penny loves. I know a lot of Louisville fans and they are not going to put up with mediocre play from him.

BHH will be playing overseas next year or will be playing at Memphis... he's the exact type of "me" player that Penny loves. I know a lot of Louisville fans and they are not going to put up with mediocre play from him.
Judging from that exhibition game they might wanna be ready for less than mediocre play all around lol

Also seems Kenny Payne isn't going to last long there either with this type of lack of accountability...

“We needed this whoopin’,” Payne said after the game. “We needed this loss because there is something that happened in this program before I got here that hasn’t healed yet."

Buddy you're the coach now, you should never lose to a D2 game, idc there are no excuses.

Judging from that exhibition game they might wanna be ready for less than mediocre play all around lol
Visiting their Cardinal fan site, most recognize that this Louisville team will not be very good this year. What's surprising to me is no one expects much out of BHH. Most guess he will be their 5th or 6th leading scorer for the season. Considering he is a former 5 star, on a team with little talent, I would think there would be some hype about him. Might be realization all around that despite his physical gifts he is lacking something upstairs.

So he just wants a “yes man” who will blow smoke up his rear end and not actively try to make him a better player. Soft. Pretty telling that he even blatantly says his only goal is “to leave college” as quickly as possible. That’s a beta mentality. Your goal can be to make it to the NBA quickly, but rarely do even the best players say that out loud. I don’t think I heard Chandler utter those words one last year.

It is an example of exactly what Barnes and his staff will not compromise on. You must WANT to be coached or they are not going to reward you with minutes. BHH has no humility about where he is as a player and what is needed to improve. Shoot, even players that are already really good (which BHH is nowhere near being that) must be humble and WANT to be coached in order to become great. Him not wanting to change is the first thing that he must change or he is never going to make it in professional sports (or probably any other avenue of his adult life for that matter). You can only hope he matures sooner rather than later of life is going to continue to smack him in the face really hard.

It is an example of exactly what Barnes and his staff will not compromise on. You must WANT to be coached or they are not going to reward you with minutes. BHH has no humility about where he is as a player and what is needed to improve. Shoot, even players that are already really good (which BHH is nowhere near being that) must be humble and WANT to be coached in order to become great. Him not wanting to change is the first thing that he must change or he is never going to make it in professional sports (or probably any other avenue of his adult life for that matter). You can only hope he matures sooner rather than later of life is going to continue to smack him in the face really hard.
Actually I think CRB did give BHH minutes last season that BHH had not earned. JJJ & SV went to CRB suggesting more minutes for BHH as everyone knew we needed post help and the hope was BHH would rise to the challenge. Well, we all see how that worked out. BHH will not be drafted and will never play in the nba.

lmao

Where are all the posters wringing their hands over BHH's departure? I get the star-gazing side of this but I felt at the time he left this was a prime example of addition by subtraction. Hope he figures it out but doubt he will.

Some here have him as James Worthy. Every time I'd see him make a good play, he disappear

Surprised by his comment that he can now be himself and nobody is trying to change him nor his game. I think Barnes knows what it takes to become a NBA player, and more importantly, a contributor to society. Say what you want, but former players say Barnes made them better as a player and man.

Also seems Kenny Payne isn't going to last long there either with this type of lack of accountability...

“We needed this whoopin’,” Payne said after the game. “We needed this loss because there is something that happened in this program before I got here that hasn’t healed yet."

Buddy you're the coach now, you should never lose to a D2 game, idc there are no excuses.

Lol, that's some politician level spin right there. I'm sorry, you NEEDED to get drilled by a D2 team, even in a game that doesn't count? Mmmmmkkkkkkkk

Reactions: walkenvol
Lol, that's some politician level spin right there. I'm sorry, you NEEDED to get drilled by a D2 team, even in a game that doesn't count? Mmmmmkkkkkkkk
Yeah Kenny Payne will be back coaching for Cal again in a few years I'm afraid.

Yeah Kenny Payne will be back coaching for Cal again in a few years I'm afraid.

I mean he could have qualified like "Ok that sucked, and we clearly have a lot of work to do but we'll do our best to get as much positive as you can from a showing like that."

But nah, he decides to go the "Butch Jones Champions of Life" route.

VN Store

Back