Brandon Huntley-Hatfield enters the transfer portal

People around these kids want to rush things too much. BHH isn’t a mature BB player yet. He has to think about what he’s doing after he gets the ball unlike KJ, JS or KC who immediately knew what they were doing. I wish him well but he’d be better off listening to coaches & less to others. Jmo.

If what we heard was accurate about BHH going to CRB wanting a 30 minutes a game promise then he’s probably not worth the effort. Dude just spent an entire season in the program so he knows how it works yet he’s still wanting minutes without earning them?

Because we badly need a dominant big man, and BHH, while raw, has an enormous ceiling. I had a feeling this was coming, though. This isn’t based on anything other than speculation + the way he played, but I somehow got the sense that he felt he was better/more ready than he was

He’s a couple yrs of hard work from being ready to move up and stick.

We need an inside player capable of scoring 10-12 points a night when our shooters are getting suffocated like vs Michigan. Plavic isn’t it. Barnes has had about 8 inside players transfer in the past 3 seasons. Playing time is there.

I meant why is he leaving, not why does it hurt.

Rumor is he is getting some bad advice from his mom who thinks he isn’t being handled properly here. He skipped practice yesterday and then allegedly called Barnes demanding he be guaranteed 30 MPG or he leaves. You can probably guess how that went over with Rick.

I meant why is he leaving, not why does it hurt.

BHH evidently has a group of “advisors” who expected more this yr (talk of him going pro this year was crazy talk). Whenever the player doesn’t meet the advisors expectations, it’s gotta be coaches fault. The advisors can’t say “you’re not ready” when they’ve preached “1 yr here” for sometime. Probably looking for mo NIL money.

This reminds me much of a more talented Ray Kasongo. Too many delusional people close to him in his ear telling him what they think he wants to hear.

BHH had potential, had a nice mid-range, but I really don’t remember him mixing it up in the paint much on either end - which is what TN really needs from their big men right now. If he’s not happy doing what TN needs then maybe he’ll find happiness by getting a lot of game minutes versus weaker opposition.

Best of luck. We hardly got to know you. Sure heard a lot from Mama Bear though. Might be the best move in the short term for both parties.

He is a 4 year player. Strongest man on the court, even against UK, but he has zero handle and no moves to the basket down low. All he needs to do is learn to use his body instead of his dribble down low and he is a star. Actually, he is still in his clumsy phase. Once that leaves him look out. Big Loss.

Not sure BHH is worth the effort. iDK if it’s more him, the people around him or both, but he seems to want things handed to him. He had Vescovi and JJJ pushing for him this year, going to Barnes to put him in the lineup. He didn’t really respond, just don’t think he is ever fit in with the team culture. Probably best that he’s leaving, but we do need to land another big.

VN Store

Back