Brandon Huntley-Hatfield enters the transfer portal

How did I bash the kid? Ppl are over exaggerating to this post. If you don't like it, don't comment, it's not a big deal. Its kind of ironic ppl are telling me not to bash the kid but they are personally bashing me! Did I attack the kid's bball talent or anything like that? Did I attack his looks? Did I attack his family? No, I did not

He completely bashed Barnes and our program if you remember.

Ppl get too emotional over innocent posts, he will never see this.

Weird ppl can say whatever they want about Henry To'ot'o but not BHH?

Selective outrage?

Last edited:
Just curious, what did BHH say that bashed us? Did he say CRB wasn't a real coach? I missed it.

This sounds like sour grapes to me. Louisville is in a rebuild and BHH actually had a decent stat line... 9 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assist, and 1 block in 22 min. Shot 1-1 from three and 100% overall. It was good for both sides. He didn't fully believe in CRB and I'm sure he wouldn't have got the same minutes here.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
This sounds like sour grapes to me. Louisville is in a rebuild and BHH actually had a decent stat line... 9 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assist, and 1 block in 22 min. Shot 1-1 from three and 100% overall. It was good for both sides. He didn't fully believe in CRB and I'm sure he wouldn't have got the same minutes here.
JJ Traynor-4 star recruit

Brandon Huntley-Hatfield-5 star recruit

Kamari Lands-4 star recruit

Devin Ree-4 star recruit

El Ellis-4 star recruit

Sydney Curry-3 star recruit

Mike James-4 star recruit

Don't think they are rebuild mode.

They lost to a d2 school last week.

BHH had himself a good game. Glad Louisville is losing though. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

He called Barnes a liar

BHH with 9 points(4-4/1-1 from 3), 10 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1 block in 22 minutes. Curious as to why he didn't play more with only 3 fouls.
He got two fouls very quickly near the start of the first half and a third on the first play of the second half. Given his numbers you have to think his coach is reconsidering that approach.

Meh, I've heard worse, but you be you. I think CRB wanted him to establish more of an inside game. Rick's coaching style isn't for everyone.

Guess it depends on how you feel about someone calling another person liar and a bs'er?

To each their own tbough. Appreciate you being respectful.

I 100% agree with Barnes system isn't for everyone

Go vols!

Why are you being weird. Move on. We have better players now

We don't have better inside players, I'm afraid. We could definitely use BHH,, who was stupid to transfer.

I watched some of this game--Bellarmine has a good team: smart, move the ball nicely, can shoot. Well-coached.

We don't have better inside players, I'm afraid. We could definitely use BHH,, who was stupid to transfer.

I watched some of this game--Bellarmine has a good team: smart, move the ball nicely, can shoot. Well-coached.
Aidoo will step up.

He's splashing threes from deep now

To be fair, he hasn’t fully believed in like 6 other coaches.

He thinks he will be playing pro ball next year.

Maybe, if he wants to play in Belgium.

In a few years he'll be a 5th year senior at Western Kentucky or Kent State after transferring for the 3rd, if not 4th time, while Chandler/ Aidoo will be in the NBA. Zakai will have left UT as one of the best PG's to come through Knoxville. Even Mashack will likely get a shot at the next level if he stays bought in and develops like he has been. Meanwhile BHH will still be grinding away in college.

It'll be hard to process for him as he grows older knowing he ruined his chances. I feel a little sympathetic over it, but it is what it is.

He could have been a NBA player after 2 years with Barnes.

Guess you missed the reason BHH transferred was CRB tried to reshape him into a power player from the perimeter player BHH envisioned himself? But that’s OK. Every year there are players that second guess where they signed and now they have the portal to correct that. CRB gets paid $millions to make sure we have a competitive roster each year. The players get paid squat in comparison. Best of luck to BHH - hopefully he will enjoy his time at Louisville. We’ve got a really good roster of players who want to be here.

Seems like I’ve heard it said many times that if your talented, the NBA will find you no matter where you played? There’s been plenty of guys who didn’t play at top 20 programs who had long nba careers.

Another saying I’ve heard a lot of coaches say is to worry about the ones you got and not the ones you didn’t get

Make no mistake, a significant portion of this board have made asses of themselves over the BHH departure. The fact that this is an active topic in Nov '22 is pretty sad. I don't appreciate how everything allegedly went down and the recent comments by BHH any more than anyone else, but this obsession is as sad as it is stupid. Move the hell on, people.

VN Store

Back