Brandon Huntley-Hatfield enters the transfer portal

BHH has all the physical traits to be successful and was making steady improvement by the end of the year last season. He had a really impactful game against KY from what I remember.

It's a shame he quit and transferred to a weaker program when he could have really put it all together by his junior or senior year here. He didn't want to sit though and is disillusioned. If you cant take feedback from Barnes why eve show up to Knoxville? Losing to Lenoir Ryhne....give me a break!!

Without sounding like hero worship(I’m certainly not) …it’s a privilege to be coached by Rick and his staff. Kinda feel sorry for kids like BHH who CLEARLY do not have people in their circle who have their best interest at heart. When you play in Rick’s program you will get tons of time and commitment given to your personal growth. I’m so glad he’s extremely careful about the type kid he recruits and feel almost like he decided to take BHH in …knowing his issues. Gotta wish the kid well but so far it’s been a textbook train wreck.

We will see what results follow his acclimations about Tennessee. I suspect he will run into some very tough spots this year, and I would take Aidoo any day. No need to make thinly veiled criticisms of Barnes and Tennessee.

We all make decisions in life and he’s entitled to make his own. Unfortunately, we rarely don’t have to deal with the consequences when it turns out to be a poor decision. Best of luck to BHH - we’ll be just fine without him. Also, it’s usually a bad decision to talk crap about your past coach, boss, wife, etc. Taking the high road usually is the best choice IMO

Louisville getting smoked by Bellarmine in the first half. BHH got 2 fouls in the first 4 minutes and went to the bench.

BHH with 9 points(4-4/1-1 from 3), 10 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1 block in 22 minutes. Curious as to why he didn't play more with only 3 fouls.

VN Store

Back