Bennett is a fraud?

Because the guy starting won a NC last year and is 13-0 this year. Why do they need to play when the guy has 1 loss on his resume.
He’s a gamer, like to admit it or not. Would have been glad to have a Vol QB that could throw a dart under pressure as he delivers every game compared to our last six years!

Lol. Bennett is likely getting ready to win his second consecutive NC. At some point you have to give the guy some credit. He was like a zero star QB and if UGA wins it all again, he will have done something that QBs like Newton, Tebow, Mac Jones, Tua, Burrow and Weurffle couldn’t do.

1. Yes it was BS Bennet went to NY over Hooker.
2. UGA has 2 5* stud QBs behind Bennett. They will likely be even better at the QB position moving forward.
Yep, from an insider that was his academic mentor before he went JUCO, he has come a loooong way and matured. Gotta give a walk on credit where credit is due, he has earned his chance.

Well the SEC has no record of him graduating. So he must not have. Just because you walk across a stage or participate in senior day don’t mean you graduated. UT has a player that “walked” but did not graduate and become ineligible for the bowl.

The SEC list all graduates from each team every year, they don’t make it up out of thin air. Do you think his father is going to talk down on his son? End of the day the SEC office has no record of him graduating and you won’t find anything on the UGA directory as him graduating as well. The fathers word is the last word I would take over the institution and conference when it comes to his own son. He’s gonna make his son look like a saint no matter what, that’s what parents do.
Doesn’t really matter, what does is he balled out and smoked our Vols and most other secondaries he played against.

Well the SEC has no record of him graduating. So he must not have. Just because you walk across a stage or participate in senior day don’t mean you graduated. UT has a player that “walked” but did not graduate and become ineligible for the bowl.

The SEC list all graduates from each team every year, they don’t make it up out of thin air. Do you think his father is going to talk down on his son? End of the day the SEC office has no record of him graduating and you won’t find anything on the UGA directory as him graduating as well. The fathers word is the last word I would take over the institution and conference when it comes to his own son. He’s gonna make his son look like a saint no matter what, that’s what parents do.

I’m not talking about the walking part, I was referring to his dad stating he is graduating in December of 2021. I don’t have the time nor desire to comb over the UGA directory of graduates. His major on his official UGA bio is listed as Learning Design and Technology; that’s only offered as a Master’s degree and it’s already been stated his undergraduate major was Economics. He’s graduated.

From an article in spring 2022, “… Bennett bounced from majoring in philosophy to history and landed in economics; he plans to finish his degree this spring.”

I’m not talking about the walking part, I was referring to his dad stating he is graduating in December of 2021. I don’t have the time nor desire to comb over the UGA directory of graduates. His major on his official UGA bio is listed as Learning Design and Technology; that’s only offered as a Master’s degree and it’s already been stated his undergraduate major was Economics. He’s graduated.

From an article in spring 2022, “… Bennett bounced from majoring in philosophy to history and landed in economics; he plans to finish his degree this spring.”
You are correct. It the point is he still hasn’t graduated college after 5+ years. Most kids now graduating in 3 years now. But reason why I bring all this is up is because he is not even close to the QB Hooker is in the community, on the football field and in the class room. And last time I checked the Heisman was supposed to be about all 3 of those. But yet Bennett goes to New York and Hooker does not. Total BS in every way you slice it.

Stetson Bennett playing with house money as Georgia enters key two-game stretch with eyes on repeating
here is your article that was written on October 28, 2022. It clearly states he is set to graduate in May.

I don’t like Bennett’s cockiness and he never should have been invited to NYC but his story is impressive. He played poorly for 3 quarters but had a storybook 4th quarter and made some great throws last night. Got to give it to him.
I keep seeing this take from national guys.. I think we watched diff games. At half he had 190 yards, one passing and rushing TD. He had a bad pick under pressure. But he hit deep shots in the first half and a back shoulder 3rd and 17 to keep a drive alive. Scored 24 points with atleast 1 missed field goal, maybe 2 by half I can’t remember. Got killed in the 3rd quarter… but I keep seeing the “he was bad until the 4th take” and i keep thinking, i would take that bad first half performance pretty much anytime.

Reactions: Nooga
Greg McElroy
AJ McArren
Jake Coker
Stetson Bennett

Caretaker QBs still have to make good decisions and be well-coached. They are also surrounded by 10 blue chips on the offense to make plays and get open or open running lanes. None of these guys threw many INTs and they won hardware.
C'mon man, Stetson Bennett is light years faster and more athletic than those guys.

Greg McElroy
AJ McArren
Jake Coker
Stetson Bennett

Caretaker QBs still have to make good decisions and be well-coached. They are also surrounded by 10 blue chips on the offense to make plays and get open or open running lanes. None of these guys threw many INTs and they won hardware.
Thought the same thing. Bennett reminds me so much of those early Saban Alabama QBs you mentioned, but also has the ability to make plays with his legs unlike those others did.

I didn't think you could win a national title playing that style of offense anymore, but unfortunately UGA proved me wrong last year and probably will again this year.

I'm sure Bennett will be very happy holding a clipboard making a big salary as a backup. Good luck to him. He's already one of the oldest QB's in the league.

Thought the same thing. Bennett reminds me so much of those early Saban Alabama QBs you mentioned, but also has the ability to make plays with his legs unlike those others did.

I didn't think you could win a national title playing that style of offense anymore, but unfortunately UGA proved me wrong last year and probably will again this year.
I still don't think you can win it with the McElroy types anymore. Bennett is not one of those guys. He was splitting defenders on that last drive of theirs last night. He threw for 398 yards. He runs a 4.5. He may never take a snap at the next level but at this level, he's an athlete at QB, not a game manager. I remember Georgia Tech had a black kid about his size the year we won the Natty who was a similar player. Led Tech to like a 10-2 record and beat the Dwags. His name was Joe Hamilton and he was maybe 5'10" but the cat could ball. Stetson reminds me alot of him, he's just white.

Hypothetical question here. Take Stetson Bennett out and put Hendon Hooker in - is this Georgia team one of the best teams of all time? I think so.

Watching this semifinal game, the only liability for this Georgia team is the quarterback! Additionally I don’t think he is the most humble of players I’ve seen - and it’s biting him in the butt.

A couple of other questions come to mind.
1. Why was this kid invited to NYC and not Hooker?
2. Is the quarterback position a potential Achilles heel for Georgia moving forward? 👀

Kirby smart wants a game manager. He proved that when he picked Jake Fromm over Jacob Eason. Stetson Bennett is a great game manager, and he is a deceptively good athlete. He is exactly what Kirby wants in a qb.

Those were the reporter's words that he was to graduate, not his father's.

Those were the reporter's words that he was to graduate, not his father's.
This is his dad:

“At first he said he didn’t know if he was going to walk or not,” Bennett’s father said. “I said, ‘I think you should; I think you deserve to. You’re graduating, and that’s what graduates do. They walk.’ So that’s what he’s going to do.”

Reactions: EasternVol
This is his dad:

“At first he said he didn’t know if he was going to walk or not,” Bennett’s father said. “I said, ‘I think you should; I think you deserve to. You’re graduating, and that’s what graduates do. They walk.’ So that’s what he’s going to do.”
Got it, thanks.

Greg McElroy
AJ McArren
Jake Coker
Stetson Bennett

Actually I compared Stetson Bennett to Ken Dorsey from those incredible Miami teams in early 2000s that Butch Davis built.8610562.jpg

One of the exceptional QBs that wins when you least expect him to do so.
Hell of a legacy story and will be loved by the GA faithful until he dies.
Will be a commentator on SECN of which they will have to get him a High Chair to sit
He is surrounded by talent but he delivered when it counted.
This is a feel good story nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else.
He can write a book.
I wonder if he has a NIL deal? He does for $1 Million.

How is he an exceptional QB?

Just look at what Bennet has had the past 2 years. Knowing that as long as you can get to say 17-20 points, you will win 99% of your games? Imagine going into every game knowing your defense is just that much better than almost any offense it faces?

That Georgia offense with Hooker would have been one of the best offenses all-time with their current OC. I had some respect for Bennett prior to the last 2 seasons, then he blew it with his bragadacious antics directed towards Tennessee.

Hooker > Bennett as a human as well. Humility and respect are things we don’t see often enough these days, and Bennett has become quite the arrogant person.

Just look at what Bennet has had the past 2 years. Knowing that as long as you can get to say 17-20 points, you will win 99% of your games? Imagine going into every game knowing your defense is just that much better than almost any offense it faces?
I think the reality from Sudden’s post, the evidence if you will, is how his own fans treated him all along. Even Georgia’s own fans, en masse, were not totally on board, and in many ways they were enraged knowing they could have had so much better.

Bennett only had to be adequate around all that talent for Georgia to succeed, and he was adequate. Hooker was sensational in every way this year. Individual awards are too often popularity contests amongst voters who are so biased they choose their personal narratives over doing the right thing.

Reactions: Sudden Impact

VN Store

Back