Bennett is a fraud?

How is he an exceptional QB?
More than what one would expect upon first appearance
Does he look like a QB? No The kid (young Adult) is 5'11. They probably had to stretch him to get that.
Bennett is not a typical prototype expectation of a College Football QB.
Not the guy you expected to win the job over all the QBs Georgia had at the moment. Even Smart picked him 3rd.

Hypothetical question here. Take Stetson Bennett out and put Hendon Hooker in - is this Georgia team one of the best teams of all time? I think so.

Watching this semifinal game, the only liability for this Georgia team is the quarterback! Additionally I don’t think he is the most humble of players I’ve seen - and it’s biting him in the butt.

A couple of other questions come to mind.
1. Why was this kid invited to NYC and not Hooker?
2. Is the quarterback position a potential Achilles heel for Georgia moving forward? 👀
Are we talking about the same Bennet that’s about to play in the NC championship game two years ina row?

Reactions: Fatman Photos
Kid's like Tebow, but not in a physical way. Measurables make no sense, but he wins. That's the bottom line.

UGA is where they are the last 2 years with him as QB. Fact.

Only way to know if the team carried him or not is to separate him from the team and see how he does. He will get a shot at the next level (maybe) and we can see how he does. IMHO, both his attitude and his lack of talent will hold him back.

Go Frogs!

Only way to know if the team carried him or not is to separate him from the team and see how he does. He will get a shot at the next level (maybe) and we can see how he does. IMHO, both his attitude and his lack of talent will hold him back.

Go Frogs!
I'm too lazy to do some extensive research but I can't think of a QB that succeeded despite no talent around him.. can you? Seems like an unfair scenario considering it's a team sport.

I'm too lazy to do some extensive research but I can't think of a QB that succeeded despite no talent around him.. can you? Seems like an unfair scenario considering it's a team sport.
Fast take is Cam Newton at Auburn. I wouldn't say there was no talent there but Cam carried them.

On the basketball side, Larry Bird at Indiana State, but it's a lot easier to carry a team in basketball.

Reactions: 05_never_again
How is he an exceptional QB?
He's been top 6 out of 131 in QBR two years in a row. That's pretty exceptional. I am thrilled we don't ever have to face him again. He may be short, he may be named like an investment banker, but he ALWAYS makes the play when the Dwags need it. That is not easily replaced, and won't be easy for them to replace going forward.
Screenshot_20230102-120237-264.pngScreenshot_20230102-120215-933.png

Fast take is Cam Newton at Auburn. I wouldn't say there was no talent there but Cam carried them.

On the basketball side, Larry Bird at Indiana State, but it's a lot easier to carry a team in basketball.
Yep. That year's Auburn team probably wins 7 or 8 games without Cam. That is the greatest extent I've seen a single player carry a football team maybe ever. Nick Fairley was really the only other great player on that team.

Yep. That year's Auburn team probably wins 7 or 8 games without Cam. That is the greatest extent I've seen a single player carry a football team maybe ever. Nick Fairley was really the only other great player on that team.
It's a helluva lot harder to think of in the NFL, where no one is really a bad football player, but Dan Marino kinda dragged the Dolphins with him a few years but never all the way.

Never said he has to be successful with no talent around him.

The argument against Bennett is that anyone could be successful with the amount of talent, especially on defense, that surrounds him. My point is that in the NFL, his team will not have the same talent differential in their favor. If Bennett is as good as some on here suggest, he should still be successful with more parity in supporting talent. We will see, but I will be shocked if he ever starts more than a few games at most.

The argument against Bennett is that anyone could be successful with the amount of talent, especially on defense, that surrounds him.
I saw most of the games he played in 2022. When SBIV was on the field, UGA's defense was on the sidelines, watching. For most of the season, his deep threat was this guy, who would not have seen the field at UT.
ladd-mcconkey-247-768x475.jpg

That Georgia offense with Hooker would have been one of the best offenses all-time with their current OC. I had some respect for Bennett prior to the last 2 seasons, then he blew it with his bragadacious antics directed towards Tennessee.

Hooker > Bennett as a human as well. Humility and respect are things we don’t see often enough these days, and Bennett has become quite the arrogant person.
You mean taunting the fans who left him hundreds of voicemails/text messages when his phone # was leaked? Who has the time, energy and desire to prank call a rival QB hundreds of times?

Reactions: Nooga

The argument against Bennett is that anyone could be successful with the amount of talent, especially on defense, that surrounds him. My point is that in the NFL, his team will not have the same talent differential in their favor. If Bennett is as good as some on here suggest, he should still be successful with more parity in supporting talent. We will see, but I will be shocked if he ever starts more than a few games at most.
Except that no one did have his success. Georgia had highly ranked qbs before him, werent as successful. They will have highly rated qbs after, I doubt anyone of them go back to back.

The jump from college to NFL is a terrible metric for someone as a college player.

Sometimes it's just about fit. Not skill, or specific surrounding talent. Hendon Hooker in our offense, Heisman Finalist, Hendon Hooker in Virginia Tech's offense, middling ACC qb.

Stetson still put up great numbers that put him where you would expect someone with all that talent to produce. Like if you just replaced Stetson with some 5 star who got the exact same results, no one would belittle the 5 star, and say it's just because of the other players.

You mean taunting the fans who left him hundreds of voicemails/text messages when his phone # was leaked? Who has the time, energy and desire to prank call a rival QB hundreds of times?
No, not what I was referring to. Bet you makes lots of friends with that passive-aggressive spiel.

Bennett is so clearly good but he's also so clearly not great. He's accurate, makes good decisions, and is really good at extending plays. He doesn't have a strong arm or a big body to withstand punishment, but that's OK because of the talent of the team. The OC babies him and they rely so much on the run game and have big leads and he doesn't have to chuck it around (which is a good thing for them). He'd never be the guy putting a mediocre team on his shoulders and carrying them to a 9-win season, but he can manage the hell out of a football game and he's really hard to stop in the 2-minute drill when it takes 4 downs.

No, not what I was referring to. Bet you makes lots of friends with that passive-aggressive spiel.
I’m not trying to make friends on a message board. Our fans actions in that scenario were childish and lame. What else did SB do in our game from an arrogance standpoint? Sure, he’s a little cocky overall but he’s “earned” the right and that’s part of what keeps him going and has made him successful despite not having the stereotypical measurable’s everyone looks for in a QB.

Reactions: Nooga
Bennett could surprise and adjust to the faster pro game. He makes good decisions. Most NFL teams seem to be conservative and Bennett could land somewhere he fits.

He may not even get drafted, so he's got an uphill battle. He'll be 26 in his rookie season and he's not a big guy, doesn't have great arm strength, and he's already in his prime. It just doesn't seem that likely he'll have a meaningful career, aside from holding a clipboard. He needs to use whatever NFL career he has to get into coaching.

I saw most of the games he played in 2022. When SBIV was on the field, UGA's defense was on the sidelines, watching. For most of the season, his deep threat was this guy, who would not have seen the field at UT.
View attachment 528774
Most people think that a defense that can get stops and give the offense more opportunities is helpful. Also having a defense to bail you out when you score 16 points has got to be a confidence booster.

As to targets, I am told that UGA has a couple of adequate tight ends that can catch passes.

BTW…the print is a little small what’s that tagline beside your avatar?

He may not even get drafted, so he's got an uphill battle. He'll be 26 in his rookie season and he's not a big guy, doesn't have great arm strength, and he's already in his prime. It just doesn't seem that likely he'll have a meaningful career, aside from holding a clipboard. He needs to use whatever NFL career he has to get into coaching.

Exactly what me and my son were talking about. His age may keep him out of range on the draft board. There are plenty of examples of great college QB's (Stetson) not transferring successfully or just middling at best in the NFL. THen you have your Kurt Warner's and your FCS QB's that flourish. Maybe he'd carry on in the NFL. Maybe not. But, he would be a serviceable #2, and probably goes UFA.

Most people think that a defense that can get stops and give the offense more opportunities is helpful. Also having a defense to bail you out when you score 16 points has got to be a confidence booster.

As to targets, I am told that UGA has a couple of adequate tight ends that can catch passes.

BTW…the print is a little small what’s that tagline beside your avatar?
Think they're in the top ten in scoring avg/game hoss, and that ain't got nuthin to do with defense. But cherry pick your stats nonetheless. Dude's a winner.
TUDDY.gif

Reactions: DirtyDawg

VN Store

Back