Bennett is a fraud?

PitterPatter

Hypothetical question here. Take Stetson Bennett out and put Hendon Hooker in - is this Georgia team one of the best teams of all time? I think so.

Watching this semifinal game, the only liability for this Georgia team is the quarterback! Additionally I don’t think he is the most humble of players I’ve seen - and it’s biting him in the butt.

A couple of other questions come to mind.
1. Why was this kid invited to NYC and not Hooker?
2. Is the quarterback position a potential Achilles heel for Georgia moving forward? 👀

Hypothetical question here. Take Stetson Bennett out and put Hendon Hooker in - is this Georgia team one of the best teams of all time? I think so.

Watching this semifinal game, the only liability for this Georgia team is the quarterback! Additionally I don’t think he is the most humble of players I’ve seen - and it’s biting him in the butt.

2. Is the quarterback position a potential Achilles heel for Georgia moving forward? 👀
No it’s not an Achilles, they have three 4-5* guys on the bench behind him. One of them will rise to the occasion.

Because the guy starting won a NC last year and is 13-0 this year. Why do they need to play when the guy has 1 loss on his resume.
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Fair enough. Can’t argue with his success. Howeva - do you think a guy like Bennett is the answer for their program moving forward? Is this a liability we or anyone is the SEC can exploit?

Lol. Bennett is likely getting ready to win his second consecutive NC. At some point you have to give the guy some credit. He was like a zero star QB and if UGA wins it all again, he will have done something that QBs like Newton, Tebow, Mac Jones, Tua, Burrow and Weurffle couldn’t do.

1. Yes it was BS Bennet went to NY over Hooker.
2. UGA has 2 5* stud QBs behind Bennett. They will likely be even better at the QB position moving forward.

Fraud? Kid is a winner and just makes plays. About to win a second natty. Ridiculous take. Just stop.

Lol. Bennett is likely getting ready to win his second consecutive NC. At some point you have to give the guy some credit. He was like a zero star QB and if UGA wins it all again, he will have done something that QBs like Newton, Tebow, Mac Jones, Tua, Burrow and Weurffle couldn’t do.

2. UGA has 2 5* stud QBs behind Bennett. They will likely be even better at the QB position moving forward.

He gets zero credit from me. 1 of his TDs the CB fell down. His 1st TD was a screen that was taken to the house. Bennett is entirely a product of the talent around him. You saw what happened when OSU brought pressure tonight. He folded like a lawn chair. Why OSU stopped bringing pressure is a mystery and is a question I'm sure Ryan Day will get asked repeatedly.

He's not getting drafted before the 6th round if he gets drafted at all. Dude. Is. White. Bread.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Greg McElroy
AJ McArren
Jake Coker
Stetson Bennett

Caretaker QBs still have to make good decisions and be well-coached. They are also surrounded by 10 blue chips on the offense to make plays and get open or open running lanes. None of these guys threw many INTs and they won hardware.

Reactions: tdawgs and Nooga
He gets zero credit from me. 1 of his TDs the CB fell down. His 1st TD was a screen that was taken to the house. Bennett is entirely a product of the talent around him. You saw what happened when OSU brought pressure tonight. He folded like a lawn chair. Why OSU stopped bringing pressure is a mystery and is a question I'm sure Ryan Day will get asked repeatedly.

He's not getting drafted before the 6th round if he gets drafted at all. Dude. Is. White. Bread.
Oh it’s only about getting drafted? He won’t get drafted, but he’s a fraud? He’s an amazing leader and does what needs to be done to won. The ignorance.

Greg McElroy
AJ McArren
Jake Coker
Stetson Bennett

Caretaker QBs still have to make good decisions and be well-coached. They are also surrounded by 10 blue chips on the offense to make plays and get open or open running lanes. None of these guys threw many INTs and they won hardware.
Add Tee Martin, Craig Krenzel, Ken Dorsey, and Matt Mauck to your list.

The last drive was a clinic on well placed, perfect timing throws. What he does or doesn’t do in the NFL is irrelevant to him being a good college QB skill wise and a great leader. I admire his determination to be undeterred by outside noise telling him what he can’t do. The kid grew up idolizing UGA and dreaming of playing there and he’s living it out despite his “handicaps”. He’s a perfect example of why I’ve always been in favor of taking a flyer on a borderline TN talent or two, every year, who wants to be there.

Bennett could surprise and adjust to the faster pro game. He makes good decisions. Most NFL teams seem to be conservative and Bennett could land somewhere he fits.

Fraud was a strong word. I take it back - a little bit. Not all the way, but a little bit.
Again - can’t argue with his results. But I will always stand by 1.Hooker should have been there over him.
I give the boy all the credit in the world, and he deserves it. But I can hold two tonights in my head at the same time. I can have respect for him and think he and the QB position is a liability for Georgia moving forward. Would anyone trade our QBs for theirs? Not me.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Fraud was a strong word. I take it back - a little bit. Not all the way, but a little bit.
Again - can’t argue with his results. But I will always stand by 1.Hooker should have been there over him.
I give the boy all the credit in the world, and he deserves it. But I can hold two tonights in my head at the same time. I can have respect for him and think he and the QB position is a liability for Georgia moving forward. Would anyone trade our QBs for theirs? Not me.
400 yds 3 or 4 tds clutch drive to advance. Then you look at what he did in the semis last year and then the 4th quarter he had in the title last year?? He’s not prototypical… but he would play at all but 9-15 schools just on his nuts alone. It’s not a liability if you have limitations but always show up big

I totally agree. Graduated high school in 2017. Fast forward to 2023 and he still does not have a degree from UGA. College football is his only calling other than a cook at McDonald’s. How can you be in college this long and still not have an undergraduate degree?

Reactions: CJBlaze

I completely agree with you about Hooker. He should have been invited over Bennett.

Reactions: EasternVol

VN Store

Back