Should The Vols be ranked #1 tomorrow?

• Yes : It’s a prestige that is earned/remembered

• Yes : but I don’t like it

• No : Because I’m superstitious

• No : They need to stay hungry

• I’m on the fence : Sway me

• No : I’m a Tennessee FB fan /Duke BB fan

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes, being #1 in mid-January doesn't really mean anything right now. But still, every top 100 recruit in the nation for the next 4 years will know the Vols are #1. Whether that helps much in recruiting, I don't know ? But, it can't hurt
They may not say so in public but I bet the players would love to be #1. Especially the seniors who were here for the 15-19 season.

I hope Duke will be number 1 come Monday. TN looked bad today, and honestly I’ll take #2 right and winning in March when it counts any day over being #1 now and getting sent home early from the dance.
Well I think everyone feels that way.

Vandy doesn’t have the potential to win unless we lose three starters.

Vanderbilt is so bad they couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. They will likely still be winless in SEC play after tonight. And for all those who think we are going to lose one or more of our upcoming games, there isn't a bookie in the world who would give Tennessee points in ANY remaining game at this point. Just enjoy being on top!

Last edited:
The vandy team that beat us following our first #1 had two major players. This vandy team is missing their superstar freshman point guard. That being said.......

The vandy team that beat us following our first #1 had two major players. This vandy team is missing their superstar freshman point guard. That being said.......
Vandy has tweeted that Wednesday's game is a sellout. That has to be because Vol fans are buying up tickets. They could be 0-5 in the SEC after today.

Reactions: 1985Vols and Ratvol
... and then our easy W in the SEC/B12 Challenge gets made more interesting. WVU beats Kansas at home today.

Difference is Vandy was a really good team that year, this year not so much.

Only time it happened we lost @Vandy. Look who is looming Wednesday night. Could lightening strike twice? Or do we drill these guys?

To quote our Athletic Director. "Live in your hopes, not in your fears."

These moments do not happen for us very often. Let's just enjoy them when they come around, for however long they last and dont worry about what looms ahead!

I hope Duke will be number 1 come Monday. TN looked bad today, and honestly I’ll take #2 right and winning in March when it counts any day over being #1 now and getting sent home early from the dance.
The 08 team was recognized today for schools #1 ranking that stuff gets remembered. This team deserves that. It makes recruiting more eye popping to the players in high school. And You can bet Coach Barnes would like a #1 next to his current schools name after the last school ran him out. Let them have their day.

I really dont get the comments of: "Id rather be #2 and stay under the radar until March". Really? Enjoy being #1 while we can. I fully expect us to lose a couple games in conference. We play UK twice, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Miss St... all ranked. We arent off the radar anymore. People know we are good. Also, there are no givens in March. UVA was #1 overall last year, and lost first round. Just saying, enjoy being #1!

Seriously, unless we lose the next 10 we won’t be under the radar for anyone. Ride #1 baby into April

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Considering the NCAA and their love for Duke, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they jumped to #1 after beating undefeated #4 Virgina, even considering their loss. That said, I absolutely think we deserve to be #1.

But, NCAA will NCAA.

Was coming to say the same. Wouldn’t be surprised if Duke is still #1. Beating Virginia without Jones and all.

All u guys saying Duke will stay #1, It's not happening. Injuries won't save u when u lose at home to an unranked team. Even if the unranked team is probably a NCAA team with the history of Syracuse. Vols will be #1, if u all want to bet on it, I'll give u, 10 to 1 odds

VN Store

Back