Should The Vols be ranked #1 tomorrow?

• Yes : It’s a prestige that is earned/remembered

• Yes : but I don’t like it

• No : Because I’m superstitious

• No : They need to stay hungry

• I’m on the fence : Sway me

• No : I’m a Tennessee FB fan /Duke BB fan

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, if you are going to start a dumbass thread don't be surprised by smartass responses
Its not a dumbass thread. The fact that the 1 time in school history we are ranked #1 we lose to Vandy the next game. And a chance to be #1 for a second time in school history an away game at Vandy awaits. I didnt say we would lose. I didnt say they were going to give us a game. I find it very interesting that the two coincidences coincide again. If you as a dumbass fan doesn't find that one little bit interesting isnt my problem. Dont like the thread then move the hell on.

Reactions: livefaith
With 2 losses by Duke, one of them coming at home to an unranked and the other to a team we beat, I think #1 is a lock for us come Monday.

Reactions: Ratvol
Let's hold our horses. The last time we got to #1 was 10 years ago after we beat Memphis. We all know how that went, we lost the next game to Vanderbilt. It's ironic that 10 years later, we get to #1 and guess who we play this Wednesday? Let's stay focused and concentrate on Vanderbilt

Its not a dumbass thread. The fact that the 1 time in school history we are ranked #1 we lose to Vandy the next game. And a chance to be #1 for a second time in school history an away game at Vandy awaits. I didnt say we would lose. I didnt say they were going to give us a game. I find it very interesting that the two coincidences coincide again. If you as a dumbass fan doesn't find that one little bit interesting isnt my problem. Dont like the thread then move the hell on.

Vandy doesn’t have the potential to win unless we lose three starters.

Let's hold our horses. The last time we got to #1 was 10 years ago after we beat Memphis. We all know how that went, we lost the next game to Vanderbilt. It's ironic that 10 years later, we get to #1 and guess who we play this Wednesday? Let's stay focused and concentrate on Vanderbilt
But there is one KEY difference. We played Vanderbilt on a TUESDAY, and this week we play them on a WEDNESDAY. That will make a difference.

It will be hard to ignore that Duke lost on their home court to an unranked Syracuse that lost at home to Georgia Tech by 14 last Saturday. That same GT team just got drubbed today by Louisville by 28 points.

I really dont get the comments of: "Id rather be #2 and stay under the radar until March". Really? Enjoy being #1 while we can. I fully expect us to lose a couple games in conference. We play UK twice, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Miss St... all ranked. We arent off the radar anymore. People know we are good. Also, there are no givens in March. UVA was #1 overall last year, and lost first round. Just saying, enjoy being #1!

Naah. We can run down Cumberland Ave in OR body paint floppin' in the breeze. The only thing that matters is our team being focused. 2008 was the ultimate trap.

Biggest win in program history.
Pearl's team feed on adrenaline by nature
Vandy had a great team in 08 that nearly won 30!
On the road in that stupid backward gym
In state rival

They would love to knock us off but they suck. They're about to get curb stomped. Williams goes off for 35+ again on em.

I really dont get the comments of: "Id rather be #2 and stay under the radar until March". Really? Enjoy being #1 while we can. I fully expect us to lose a couple games in conference. We play UK twice, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Miss St... all ranked. We arent off the radar anymore. People know we are good. Also, there are no givens in March. UVA was #1 overall last year, and lost first round. Just saying, enjoy being #1!
Gotta agree. We'd have to tank to fall out of the top 10. We're going to lose a couple regardless. It's no secret that we're good. Why not have our cake and eat it too? Makes no sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larkin
not even halfway through the season yet. #1 means nothing. you dont hang up banners over #1 unless its after winning a championship.

Yes, being #1 in mid-January doesn't really mean anything right now. But still, every top 100 recruit in the nation for the next 4 years will know the Vols are #1. Whether that helps much in recruiting, I don't know ? But, it can't hurt

Screenshot 2019-01-19 at 8.52.33 PM.png

Talk about a backhanded welcome to #1 in ESPN's power rankings a few minutes ago, sheesh! And by the way, try doing a little homework, ESPN...we've won 12 straight, not 11.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back