Basilio Still Thinks Pruitt is Likely Gone

Lol this is a Vol forum, would you be more accepting if he had some secret audio or video from inside the complex? I'm pretty sure all speculative information is welcome here.
Speculative information is great, speculative guessing to support one’s wishes are something different

When Cornbread is gone in the next few days (more than likely) the amount of red@ss on here will be off the charts with some of you all. If you don't think a guy that's been in sports media in Knoxville for as long as Basilio has been doesn't know what he's talking about - I hate to tell you but you are mistaken. He's not always 100% right but he's right waaaaaaay more than he's wrong and he will tell it like it is and not put that state run spin on things.

Go back and listen to any of his shows from the past several months. Not once did he say that this was a done deal in early December. Someone called into his postgame Auburn show and said they heard coaches were cleaning out their offices but he never said that was factual or accurate. No one knew what was going on that day in the postgame. But Basilio knew about the "office raid" around Thanksgiving and didn't report it on the air. But he's had writers and reporters in the media on his show since that confirmed he had spoken with them about that when it happened.

I'm not a Basilio apologist but he's said all along this was a big mess and that it was the feeling that he is a goner and it's just a matter of time for it to play out. Now that the lawyers have interviewed everyone it doesn't look good for Pruitt. Everything that he's said these past couple of months has made sense and he's been the only one on the radio I've heard that will actually go out on that limb and talk about the situation and not just gloss it over. He's said that Pruitt has to go for months and had hinted there were problems since November - likely when he heard about the office raid.

If you want to feel dialed in just listen to his show. Because he at least don't hold much back and tells it like it is. And for the record, just like Tony has said over and over, there's a 95% chance in his opinion that Pruitt is toast but there's always that 5% chance he Houdini's his way out of it. Because until it's over it's never officially over you can never say never at a place like Tennessee as dysfunctional as it's been the past several years. I just have a feeling that Boyd and Plowman aren't going to be that incompetent. UT is trying to save some $$$ and it's driving everyone insane because everyone wants the resolution right now. But you can't put a timeline on this type of money saving buyout.

But a 95% chance of not coming back IMO is a pretty good indicator he's not back. And Basilio isn't the only media member (at all) that shares that same sentiment right now.
I’ll wait, right now he’s wrong.

You made the statement “He doesn’t want to be a head coach” I want you to post some supporting facts for that statement. I haven’t heard or read that anywhere. But then again I don’t listen to Basilio or the manure spreaders on WNML.

it’s obvious that you don’t listen when you group Basilio and WNML together, it renders your post useless for me

it’s obvious that you don’t listen when you group Basilio and WNML together, it renders your post useless for me
I didn’t group them, they are separated by “and” . It’s if I said I don’t listen to sports center and Fox News. Does that clear it up or do need make it more elementary?

I didn’t group them, they are separated by “and” . It’s if I said I don’t listen to sports center and Fox News. Does that clear it up or do need make it more elementary?
Excuse me I separated it by “or” you made it “and”. But the same message still applies.

Sorry, should have used blue font. Thought it was over the top enough to be an obvious parody of his integrity.
ok lol

Because if you think Hugh was a candidate for any of those jobs lol....just bc Hugh says he was a candidate doesn’t make it true.

Unless Fulmer gets him a raise with a hc contract and big buyout, which, I wouldn't be surprised at that. I think Steele is here to be hc, which it appears he would be worse than Pruitt according to his hc record.

I’m by no means saying Steele would be a successful HC. But he was coaching one of the bottom 2-3 programs in the country. I don’t think anyone was succeeding until Briles.

When Cornbread is gone in the next few days (more than likely) the amount of red@ss on here will be off the charts with some of you all. If you don't think a guy that's been in sports media in Knoxville for as long as Basilio has been doesn't know what he's talking about - I hate to tell you but you are mistaken. He's not always 100% right but he's right waaaaaaay more than he's wrong and he will tell it like it is and not put that state run spin on things.

Go back and listen to any of his shows from the past several months. Not once did he say that this was a done deal in early December. Someone called into his postgame Auburn show and said they heard coaches were cleaning out their offices but he never said that was factual or accurate. No one knew what was going on that day in the postgame. But Basilio knew about the "office raid" around Thanksgiving and didn't report it on the air. But he's had writers and reporters in the media on his show since that confirmed he had spoken with them about that when it happened.

I'm not a Basilio apologist but he's said all along this was a big mess and that it was the feeling that he is a goner and it's just a matter of time for it to play out. Now that the lawyers have interviewed everyone it doesn't look good for Pruitt. Everything that he's said these past couple of months has made sense and he's been the only one on the radio I've heard that will actually go out on that limb and talk about the situation and not just gloss it over. He's said that Pruitt has to go for months and had hinted there were problems since November - likely when he heard about the office raid.

If you want to feel dialed in just listen to his show. Because he at least don't hold much back and tells it like it is. And for the record, just like Tony has said over and over, there's a 95% chance in his opinion that Pruitt is toast but there's always that 5% chance he Houdini's his way out of it. Because until it's over it's never officially over you can never say never at a place like Tennessee as dysfunctional as it's been the past several years. I just have a feeling that Boyd and Plowman aren't going to be that incompetent. UT is trying to save some $$$ and it's driving everyone insane because everyone wants the resolution right now. But you can't put a timeline on this type of money saving buyout.

But a 95% chance of not coming back IMO is a pretty good indicator he's not back. And Basilio isn't the only media member (at all) that shares that same sentiment right now.
Thanks Tony

There is no Coach Freeze in TN's future........just let it go........TN has a better chance of resurrecting General Neyland from the dead and hiring him to coach........forget Freeze.....it cannot, it will not happen!

He is not unhireable in the sec. his “restraining order” has expired. There is a older thread discussing this.
I don’t care what the SEC “says”...he’s not hireable in this league not bc some “restraining order” saying he can’t coach in the league. He’s not hireable bc the man didn’t get a single dime of a $16M buyout from Ole Miss, with Jimmy Sexton as his agent. You know the kind of skeletons you have to have to not get a single dime? He has plenty of them and everyone in the league knows it. First time he tries to do “Hugh type ****” in order to get a player, that stuff is all coming out. This isn’t a kind and gentle league. Not a lot of benevolence. This is cutthroat. He’s very much hated by a ton of people (which would make it very hard for him to hire an SEC caliber staff, but that’s another point all together) any which of whom would love to bury him. He’s known as a backstabber and fraud in this league (and in Memphis).

The chances he could be hired would increase after the 2021 season and subsequent seasons as all the stuff that was going on with Hugh at Ole Miss gets a little further in the rear view. But now, 0.0% chance. There’s a reason he wasn’t sniffed for the South Carolina or Auburn jobs. Not even sniffed (regardless of what Hugh tells everyone.). Funny how Marcello reported Hugh “had been contacted by Auburn” and 20 minutes later they were hiring Harsin. Funny how that worked out..it’s bc that news came from....wait for it....Hugh Freeze.

The Auburn opening, the South Carolina opening, Southern Miss, Memphis last year, all those OC jobs he claimed he was sought for....its 95% bulls**t. Saban was going to bring him in as an analyst, not OC. But Hugh put it out there that it was the OC job.

If Hugh’s mouth is moving, it means he’s lying.

He is not unhireable in the sec. his “restraining order” has expired. There is a older thread discussing this.

I hear you but I think this is akin to the massive bully (NCAA SEC) saying go ahead and knock this block off my shoulder (hiring Freeze). Risk/reward not that great.

I don’t care what the SEC “says”...he’s not hireable in this league not bc some “restraining order” saying he can’t coach in the league. He’s not hireable bc the man didn’t get a single dime of a $16M buyout from Ole Miss, with Jimmy Sexton as his agent. You know the kind of skeletons you have to have to not get a single dime? He has plenty of them and everyone in the league knows it. First time he tries to do “Hugh type ****” in order to get a player, that stuff is all coming out. This isn’t a kind and gentle league. Not a lot of benevolence. This is cutthroat. He’s very much hated by a ton of people (which would make it very hard for him to hire an SEC caliber staff, but that’s another point all together) any which of whom would love to bury him. He’s known as a backstabber and fraud in this league (and in Memphis).

The chances he could be hired would increase after the 2021 season and subsequent seasons as all the stuff that was going on with Hugh at Ole Miss gets a little further in the rear view. But now, 0.0% chance. There’s a reason he wasn’t sniffed for the South Carolina or Auburn jobs. Not even sniffed (regardless of what Hugh tells everyone.). Funny how Marcello reported Hugh “had been contacted by Auburn” and 20 minutes later they were hiring Harsin. Funny how that worked out..it’s bc that news came from....wait for it....Hugh Freeze.

The Auburn opening, the South Carolina opening, Southern Miss, Memphis last year, all those OC jobs he claimed he was sought for....its 95% bulls**t. Saban was going to bring him in as an analyst, not OC. But Hugh put it out there that it was the OC job.

If Hugh’s mouth is moving, it means he’s lying.

ifwhat you are saying is true, why did the most openly religious school in the country hire him?

Adams says that Pruitt is "close to the end" & thinks Steele might be the interim HC should CJP be fired. He thinks that the Chancellor, NOT Fulmer, is making the decision. In other words...AAACK!o_O

I’d much rather it not be Fulmer right now TBH.

Reactions: Deebowbear

VN Store

Back