Basilio Still Thinks Pruitt is Likely Gone

I don’t care what the SEC “says”...he’s not hireable in this league not bc some “restraining order” saying he can’t coach in the league. He’s not hireable bc the man didn’t get a single dime of a $16M buyout from Ole Miss, with Jimmy Sexton as his agent. You know the kind of skeletons you have to have to not get a single dime? He has plenty of them and everyone in the league knows it. First time he tries to do “Hugh type ****” in order to get a player, that stuff is all coming out. This isn’t a kind and gentle league. Not a lot of benevolence. This is cutthroat. He’s very much hated by a ton of people (which would make it very hard for him to hire an SEC caliber staff, but that’s another point all together) any which of whom would love to bury him. He’s known as a backstabber and fraud in this league (and in Memphis).

The chances he could be hired would increase after the 2021 season and subsequent seasons as all the stuff that was going on with Hugh at Ole Miss gets a little further in the rear view. But now, 0.0% chance. There’s a reason he wasn’t sniffed for the South Carolina or Auburn jobs. Not even sniffed (regardless of what Hugh tells everyone.). Funny how Marcello reported Hugh “had been contacted by Auburn” and 20 minutes later they were hiring Harsin. Funny how that worked out..it’s bc that news came from....wait for it....Hugh Freeze.

The Auburn opening, the South Carolina opening, Southern Miss, Memphis last year, all those OC jobs he claimed he was sought for....its 95% bulls**t. Saban was going to bring him in as an analyst, not OC. But Hugh put it out there that it was the OC job.

If Hugh’s mouth is moving, it means he’s lying.

Mark why are you still sounding like a broken record with 16M, not a dime, Hugh Freeze lies, blah blah blah. You came on here ranting a few weeks ago and acted all high and mighty. You act like your crap doesnt stink and we are all dumb if we want Freeze. Did Freeze sleep with your wife or something? Ive never seen or heard anyone so astronomically ticked off about a possible coach in my life. Not to mention multiple other members here have proven you wrong with facts, and you say the facts are assumptions, but then your “facts” are actually just your assumptions. Come on this board and be nice to people. Stop acting all high and mighty. We come here to discuss UT Football, and if some people feel Freeze will help the program, then just agree to disagree, stop with the childish belittling of others man.

Really expected things to come to a head today since there's a team meeting tomorrow. With Henry T and Pope returning and not firing today, it's starting to look like UT will bring Pruitt back next year with a different staff. If so, I hope it works out, but I remain a skeptic.

Really expected things to come to a head today since there's a team meeting tomorrow. With Henry T and Pope returning and not firing today, it's starting to look like UT will bring Pruitt back next year with a different staff. If so, I hope it works out, but I remain a skeptic.
I think Pruitt is coming back but I think UT really hurt itself by not addressing the rumor mill and putting it to bed. I also blame just down right bad journalism from the kiddos at fan run.

In terms of Pruitt being successful, I have serious doubts

I think Pruitt is coming back but I think UT really hurt itself by not addressing the rumor mill and putting it to bed. I also blame just down right bad journalism from the kiddos at fan run.

Fulmer will never fire Pruitt. So as long as Fulmer is AD, expect Pruitt to be the HC.

Mark why are you still sounding like a broken record with 16M, not a dime, Hugh Freeze lies, blah blah blah. You came on here ranting a few weeks ago and acted all high and mighty. You act like your crap doesnt stink and we are all dumb if we want Freeze. Did Freeze sleep with your wife or something? Ive never seen or heard anyone so astronomically ticked off about a possible coach in my life. Not to mention multiple other members here have proven you wrong with facts, and you say the facts are assumptions, but then your “facts” are actually just your assumptions. Come on this board and be nice to people. Stop acting all high and mighty. We come here to discuss UT Football, and if some people feel Freeze will help the program, then just agree to disagree, stop with the childish belittling of others man.
I’ve laid out my reasons countless times on why the guy is unhireable and why I don’t want that POS as the head coach.

If people are going to put things up like “his restraining order has expired” in the SEC as a reason he can be hired....I’m going to simply correct that assertion with facts and logic.

guys... no one knows what's going to happen... not even Pruitt (yet)... all signs point to not bringing him back but lets see what the next few days bring
hiring Steele (at a bargain btw) doesn't mean anything about Pruitt's future

If Basilio says CJP is likely gone, you can book it he’s staying.

What bad journalism?

Fulmer will never fire Pruitt. So as long as Fulmer is AD, expect Pruitt to be the HC.
It’s been stated here by numerous people including those closer to the program that Fulmer is not the decision maker. If UT power brokers decide to fire Pruitt , Fulmer will have to go along with the decision or GTFO.

It’s been stated here by numerous people including those closer to the program that Fulmer is not the decision maker. If UT power brokers decide to fire Pruitt , Fulmer will have to go along with the decision or GTFO.

I've yet to see anyone present actual evidence that Fulmer doesn't have the responsibilities and authority that have been given to every other AD at UT.

i don’t know who talks to who but I know he’s right more than he’s wrong and he’s also right more than Twitter and volnation rumors so I take it with a grain of salt as we should but it is what it is
He's right more than he is wrong... So I'll take what he says over any other radio host or reporter..... AL from PA..

Reactions: Volbrando
If UT decides to bring back JP it's a huge risk. I mean....if covid somehow disappears like the flu and fans can come. It will be obvious by game 1 that fans are not happy. I just want to win and compete for championships. I dont see Jp turning this team around. Let's face it...after we got our teeth kicked in by the gumps...Jp tells us we are closing the gap??? If for some miracle UT brings Jp back he has got to win 2 of the 3 big games ie...fla..ga..ala.
Go big orange, and do the right thing before it's too late!!

I’ve mostly accepted that Pruitt is coming back, but it’s unforgivable how the admin has handled the past 6 weeks. We look like a disorganized, incompetent program right now. If you’re bringing Pruitt back, throw your vocal support behind him and let the guy start hiring the coaches he wants. The fact that we’re wasting time re-recruiting our own players because of all the speculation is a huge disappointment and waste of precious resources.

Reactions: volnthesip
I’ve mostly accepted that Pruitt is coming back, but it’s unforgivable how the admin has handled the past 6 weeks. We look like a disorganized, incompetent program right now. If you’re bringing Pruitt back, throw your vocal support behind him and let the guy start hiring the coaches he wants. The fact that we’re wasting time re-recruiting our own players because of all the speculation is a huge disappointment and waste of precious resources.
Look like??? Place has been a toxic wasteland for 15+ years

I've yet to see anyone present actual evidence that Fulmer doesn't have the responsibilities and authority that have been given to every other AD at UT.
You don't think ADPF has to run multi million dollar decisions by his bosses foe approval??

You don't think ADPF has to run multi million dollar decisions by his bosses foe approval??

His boss is the chancellor, Plowman, and she doesn't have the background to adequately evaluate the merit of a football or any sport-related decision.

I'm sure she takes any financial requests outside of the budget to Boyd to get his sign off, bit she's not telling Fulmer to fire Pruitt or not.

If you have information to the contrary, feel free to post it.

The internal investigation has been laid out and it was pretty clear we were not firing him based on those, but they cannot get on the bullhorn with announcements till they have something back from the NCAA. Don't want to jump on his bandwagon on Tuesday just in time for some terrible news release on 'Wednesday. So, you hire some coaches and get some transfers and get on planes to solidify your own guys to show a positive trend without leaving marks. I think it is signifying he could still be in trouble. It is never good when you have to invite outsiders to validate your findings. Dickey was a master at getting them to show their hand. I am guessing that role is now to be played by those outside lawyers. The NCAA has seemed to play slower down through the years.

Check DeConley,Deerpark12,LaVOl, AtlantaVol. One or more of these members have stated this.

Saying something on a message board, doesn't make it true.

Like I said, I've seen zero evidence posted showing that Fulmer has been stripped of his responsibilities or authority as AD.

VN Store

Back