Basilio Still Thinks Pruitt is Likely Gone

Very good answer, but I was hoping you could share a bit more supporting information for your statement, But this is Volnation the sacred temple of the congregation of Basilio and Hyams, and other unsubstantiated rumor mongers. I realize now I was expecting way to much.much.

Reactions: MaTaLa
Very good answer, but I was hoping you could share a bit more supporting information for your statement, But this is Volnation the sacred temple of the congregation of Basilio and Hyams, and other unsubstantiated rumor mongers. I realize now I was expecting way to much.much.
You can believe it. He doesn’t want to be a head coach. Way too many responsibilities outside of the things he likes. He wants to do X’s and O’s and work directly with players. He also hates Tee and never wanted him here.

You can believe it. He doesn’t want to be a head coach. Way too many responsibilities outside of the things he likes. He wants to do X’s and O’s and work directly with players. He also hates Tee and never wanted him here.
Why would he hate Tee and never want him here? IMO, If you hate Tee; you hate all of us. Same goes for Peyton, Al, LL, etc.

Why would he hate Tee and never want him here? IMO, If you hate Tee; you hate all of us. Same goes for Peyton, Al, LL, etc.
I would assume because he heard bad things about him from Helton. He’s been lazy and terrible since coming to Knoxville.

As I thought no supporting facts

How exactly would you expect me to prove that to you?
You made the statement “He doesn’t want to be a head coach” I want you to post some supporting facts for that statement. I haven’t heard or read that anywhere. But then again I don’t listen to Basilio or the manure spreaders on WNML.

You made the statement “He doesn’t want to be a head coach” I want you to post some supporting facts for that statement. I haven’t heard or read that anywhere. But then again I don’t listen to Basilio or the manure spreaders on WNML.
That’s from an assistant coach.

Basilio has been saying “Soon” since early December. I will never understand why so many people take this man’s word as gospel. I’m still waiting on him to be right about something.
he has more connections than most of us....doesn’t mean all the info or rumor is true but it has more merit than Twitter crap

Seems like he was out in front of the Kevin Steele hire.

It doesn’t take a genius to put 2 + 2 together. The chances of us hiring Steele in some capacity were always pretty high because Steele was out of a job and Fulmer has a strong relationship with Steele.

It’s the rest of the crap regarding Steele that Basilio missed on.

It doesn’t take a genius to put 2 + 2 together. The chances of us hiring Steele in some capacity were always pretty high because Steele was out of a job and Fulmer has a strong relationship with Steele.

It’s the rest of the crap regarding Steele that Basilio missed on.
The rest of the media was insisting there was a hiring freeze. I think he has some ins and hears some accurate things. He just also gives a lot of air time to the crazier things he hears.

he has more connections than most of us....doesn’t mean all the info or rumor is true but it has more merit than Twitter crap
Connections, who? You think he talks to Chancellor Davis, Randy Boyd, Phillip Fulmer, Charlie Anderson, Peyton, any of the Harlem’s Coach Pruitt. I can assure you that answer is no. He can make deductions and predictions from public info that anyone has access to. But a blind man can be told where the dart board is and he can throw enough darts to hit a bullseye and that becomes the story “blind man hits bullseye, not that he threw 5000 darts. Exactly how he keeps the sheep listening, throwing darts.

Pretty sure he is not on the move anywhere this year.... I think his latest quote is "Give me Liberty or give me death" or something like that. I know I heard that somewhere. Surely he would not sign an extension with the team that took him off the moral scrapheap and then turn his back on them. Only reason I can think of that he passed on the Vandy, SC, and AU jobs.

OMG, you think Hugh passed on SC, AU, and Vandy? God bless you

Reactions: rikberry31
Connections, who? You think he talks to Chancellor Davis, Randy Boyd, Phillip Fulmer, Charlie Anderson, Peyton, any of the Harlem’s Coach Pruitt. I can assure you that answer is no. He can make deductions and predictions from public info that anyone has access to. But a blind man can be told where the dart board is and he can throw enough darts to hit a bullseye and that becomes the story “blind man hits bullseye, not that he threw 5000 darts. Exactly how he keeps the sheep listening, throwing darts.
i don’t know who talks to who but I know he’s right more than he’s wrong and he’s also right more than Twitter and volnation rumors so I take it with a grain of salt as we should but it is what it is

Yes, a lot of people dislike and discredit him, but it’s something. He posted his blog this evening, and he said that if Pruitt’s job security was a football game he would be “down 35-7 at home against Kentucky with JG at quarterback.” He also notes that he thinks Kevin Steele is going to be the interim if (when) Tennessee fires Pruitt. Not sure if I’m buying it, but it’s still something to note.
Coaches leaving too fast......they must know.

When Cornbread is gone in the next few days (more than likely) the amount of red@ss on here will be off the charts with some of you all. If you don't think a guy that's been in sports media in Knoxville for as long as Basilio has been doesn't know what he's talking about - I hate to tell you but you are mistaken. He's not always 100% right but he's right waaaaaaay more than he's wrong and he will tell it like it is and not put that state run spin on things.

Go back and listen to any of his shows from the past several months. Not once did he say that this was a done deal in early December. Someone called into his postgame Auburn show and said they heard coaches were cleaning out their offices but he never said that was factual or accurate. No one knew what was going on that day in the postgame. But Basilio knew about the "office raid" around Thanksgiving and didn't report it on the air. But he's had writers and reporters in the media on his show since that confirmed he had spoken with them about that when it happened.

I'm not a Basilio apologist but he's said all along this was a big mess and that it was the feeling that he is a goner and it's just a matter of time for it to play out. Now that the lawyers have interviewed everyone it doesn't look good for Pruitt. Everything that he's said these past couple of months has made sense and he's been the only one on the radio I've heard that will actually go out on that limb and talk about the situation and not just gloss it over. He's said that Pruitt has to go for months and had hinted there were problems since November - likely when he heard about the office raid.

If you want to feel dialed in just listen to his show. Because he at least don't hold much back and tells it like it is. And for the record, just like Tony has said over and over, there's a 95% chance in his opinion that Pruitt is toast but there's always that 5% chance he Houdini's his way out of it. Because until it's over it's never officially over you can never say never at a place like Tennessee as dysfunctional as it's been the past several years. I just have a feeling that Boyd and Plowman aren't going to be that incompetent. UT is trying to save some $$$ and it's driving everyone insane because everyone wants the resolution right now. But you can't put a timeline on this type of money saving buyout.

But a 95% chance of not coming back IMO is a pretty good indicator he's not back. And Basilio isn't the only media member (at all) that shares that same sentiment right now.

VN Store

Back