Basilio Still Thinks Pruitt is Likely Gone

Ed O was a flop as a head coach before LSU. I’m not for Kevin Steele but weird things have happened before.
Edit: 16-28 record before LSU...
The game today is all about coordinators. That's why Coach O was so successful. He went out and got two of the best coordinators. It looks like he's gone out and got another.

Bama was a little rocky and they upgraded both coordinators and look at results.

The game today is all about coordinators. That's why Coach O was so successful. He went out and got two of the best coordinators. It looks like he's gone out and got another.

Bama was a little rocky and they upgraded both coordinators and look at results.
Pruitt hired his buddies. Fuller hired guys he knew weren't a threat to stab him in the back and take his job like he did with Majors. Pruitt will probably meet the same fate as Fulmer only much earlier. Smart and successful head coaches surround themselves with the best coaching staff they can find. As you pointed out, Ogre won't ever be thought of as the second coming of Lombardi, but he's smart enough to fill his staff with talented folks then step aside and let them do their jobs. Pruitt made lackluster hires then reportedly micromanaged them. Throw in being hard to work with and its no surprise his job is in question.

Ed O has infinitely more talent than we do which plays a big factor.
True. I would only ask why hasn’t Georgia won since early 80’s in response? Talent is a big chunk but not everything. My original response was to prove someone wrong that said tee would have to have years of coordinator time to be successful.

Coach O also seemed to learn that he needed to just let his coordinators do their job and not micromanage and meddle in everything so much. From what we have heard from a couple different reliable sources, Pruitt likes to micromanage his coordinators.

Reactions: Tnfan41
Ansley is looking around, he's in the group of DC's after the Oregon DC position. Might have something to do with bringing in Steele.

FYI, Lupoi is looking for that spot too.

Pretty sure he is not on the move anywhere this year.... I think his latest quote is "Give me Liberty or give me death" or something like that. I know I heard that somewhere. Surely he would not sign an extension with the team that took him off the moral scrapheap and then turn his back on them. Only reason I can think of that he passed on the Vandy, SC, and AU jobs.

People still pushing the Freeze stuff are the QAnon of UT. It isn’t going to happen.

If we are "waging a secret war against elite Satan-worshipping pedophiles in government, business and the media" (QAnon definition I found repeatedly on the interwebs) then they like they are right.

Reactions: Betzman
People still pushing the Freeze stuff are the QAnon of UT. It isn’t going to happen.

Probably not. Other than Rick Barnes, we never go for the "lay up" hire. We always make the hire that's the equivalent of chucking it up from half court.

VN Store

Back