Amari Rodgers working out at the UT Sports Complex

Bigger than football for sure. Father son my time is crucial to a young mans development. I don’t know how he stayed on west coast while his son was here. I couldn’t do it. Don’t care what the job is

Aint gonna happen .. they didnt grow up in this city and have friends all over this city ..at all schools ... Knox Fulton, Cath ., Central this kid is liked everywhere ..good kid .
It was a hypothetical. By the way, where is Tee from. Personally I couldn't care less, but if it is allowed for one person, it should be allowed for any who want to use the facilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aint gonna happen dork .. they didnt grow up in this city and have friends all over this city ..at all schools ... Knox Fulton, Cath ., Central this kid is liked everywhere ..good kid .
Tee didn't grow up around Knoxville? How about if Cade Mays works out there if his brother comes to UT?

Better not Henry. I've got a metal plate in my head and every time the wife cranks up the microwave, yea you know how this goes.

Speaking of perspective. Go back through this thread and pick out the post that shows the most outrage in your opinion.
Lol. Only an outraged person would go back through a thread and pick out all the post that outraged them the most. Nice try though.

I have no issue with this if 1) school is not in session and 2) Spring workouts have not started.
Otherwise the kid needs to be in Clemson going to class and working out in their facility.

Also, does this speak to UTs S&C program being better than Clemson's ???

If he wanted to use the Vols' training facilities, he could have signed on to play for the Vols. He chose to go to Clemson, therefore, he can go train at Clemson.

Reactions: LibertyVol
Especially considering these facilities are off limits to the majority of actual UT students let alone non-UT students...

Good point. I am also concerned about the liability of allowing a non-UT student athlete to work out. Hopefully, he signed a liability waiver.

If he wanted to use the Vols' training facilities, he could have signed on to play for the Vols. He chose to go to Clemson, therefore, he can go train at Clemson.
I’m sure he does. Since his dad was hired to coach our WR’s, apparently he can train with his dad.

Good point. I am also concerned about the liability of allowing a non-UT student athlete to work out. Hopefully, he signed a liability waiver.
A student athlete can get hurt at Wal-Mart and they’re covered by their school.

I may be wrong but I think too much is being made out of this. In my opinion,,Amari is visiting his dad back home. Tee or him probably say something like "let's work out a little bit." then Tee decides to take him to the Anderson Center after clearing it with Pruitt or whoever. It's not a big deal to me. I really dont think Amari was at Clemson thinking,"I'm going to Knoxville to work out at the school I didn't choose just to mess with them". It makes no sense.
But,,,, that's just me.

Reactions: Sara Clark
I don’t feel as thought those two things are really similar. The only problem I have with it is the fact that students aren’t allowed to use that equipment and some of their paid tuition pays for all that stuff. Not a huge deal, but I get why it rubs people the wrong way.

Except you know.... his dad is being paid by the University to Coach our football team and has free access to all the facilities.... but oh no.... he is running on the artificial turf that numerous kids run on during camps/etc....

This is laughable. Hating on a kid trying to make himself better just because he goes to a different school and is there to visit his dad who is a UT legend and now coaches for the University....,

Bet there wouldn’t be any problem if he went to a crappy University instead of Clemson who just won the National Championship....

Bunch of butt hurt fans up in here lol

Last edited:
Tee didn't grow up around Knoxville? How about if Cade Mays works out there if his brother comes to UT?

A sibling coming to work out with a brother is completely different, than A son coming to workout and see his father who is a coach for our University. Also, with Georgia being a rival it is also a big difference. Clemson is not a rival of Tennessee and will never be.

Terrible analogy.

Except you know.... his dad is being paid by the University to Coach our football team and has free access to all the facilities.... but oh no.... he is running on the artificial turf that numerous kids run on during camps/etc....

This is laughable. Hating on a kid trying to make himself better just because he goes to a different school and is there to visit his dad who is a UT legend and now coaches for the University....,

Bet there wouldn’t be any problem if he went to a crappy University instead of Clemson who just won the National Championship....

Bunch of butt hurt fans up in here lol

Who cares?

VN Store

Back