Amari Rodgers working out at the UT Sports Complex

To put a different spin on it who is liable if he gets hurt working out. That is one reason they don’t just let anyone workout there.
Can you name an athlete cut loose on their own when they got hurt off campus? Who covered Emerson’s medical bills? Athletes are covered and they’re allowed to leave campus during their 4-5 years.

Would it be ok if Trevor Lawrence and Tee Higgins joined him to work on routes and timing? Is it ok if Tua and his Bama guys come in and work or how about the Dawgs and Gators? If it's ok for one, then it should be ok for all.

Reactions: BigBadVol
Fascinating how people so freely and arrogantly decide how others should feel.

And maybe I missed it, but the only "outrage" I've seen so far is from the people that are outraged that some have said they don't approve. Lol.
You missed it. Can see the fun you’re having playing the other side, tho.

So by this line of thinking we should all show up and workout at the facilities? I mean he has as much business being there as any of us do.

Reactions: LibertyVol
Maybe our current group of players can learn something. National Championship player right in front of you.....Geez

Reactions: ionaVOL
Would it be ok if Trevor Lawrence and Tee Higgins joined him to work on routes and timing? Is it ok if Tua and his Bama guys come in and work or how about the Dawgs and Gators? If it's ok for one, then it should be ok for all.
Sure. Their coaches might have an issue with it. All these elite players feeling welcome at another school. Bet those other message boards start their own “screaming”. 😉

God bless me, I'm about to quote Wes Rucker. "Sometimes sour grapes are an appropriate meal"

Appropriate for Anthony Jordan, not so much here.

And maybe I missed it, but the only "outrage" I've seen so far is from the people that are outraged that some have said they don't approve. Lol.
Loud noises

You missed it. Can see the fun you’re having playing the other side, tho.

Yea, I'm having fun with the two that have decided anyone that doesn't see it the way they do are idiots. I gave my opinion and I'm good with it.

This is one of those times I don't understand why people can't understand both sides and just agree to disagree instead of being asswipes. Haha, but this way is more interesting. :)

Wow---same folks mad when Manning went and spoke with Saban about offense are mad about this....

It's more about a Father and son than it is about Clemson and UT.....

Who cares one bit. His dad is at least a coach here. Lee Humphrey’ used to come by and play pick up ball all the time when he was back home from Florida all the time.

Yea, I'm having fun with the two that have decided anyone that doesn't see it the way they do are idiots. I gave my opinion and I'm good with it.

This is one of those times I don't understand why people can't understand both sides and just agree to disagree instead of being asswipes. Haha, but this way is more interesting. :)
When “dumb” and “idiot” comes into play, it calls for streamers.
1551204602995.gif

Reactions: Behr
I hear about coaches visiting other schools to study their schemes and whatnot...no issues ever cited. Famously Barry Switzer visited Austin to study the Longhorns new wishbone and turned it into a dynasty. Falls under courtesy. We basically recruited Tee Martin to return to his alma mater and help us win and we’re going to get all bitchy about him working out his son? Too much time on our hands. When knowledge through social media gets you stirred, recognize it as overreacting.

I wish you had chosen as example Jack Lengyel and his staff visiting WVA to study the veer offense.

Some of you are amazing to me. If my child was visiting and asked if he could come work out or do whatever where I'm at, the answer would absolutely be yes. What would you tell your kid? The kid isn't at UT just because he thought.....Gee, I think I'll go to UT because Clemson's facilities are inadequate...... I'm sure there are other reasons (family) he is in Knoxville.

I wonder what Dabo thinks about this...

Though I haven't spoken with Dabo about this, I suspect he'd say, "Glad you're keeping up your work outs. Get it up and keep it up. Be prepared to help us win. Always. Give your Pop my hello. Have a good time. See you when you get back."

Reactions: VolinMC
The only reason I don't like it is because Dabo won't let commits visit other schools once committed but he has no problem once their in the program? A little hypocritical in my opinion. Kinda like rubbing salt in the wound. Go work out at those wonderful facilities at Clemson. UT's facilities are for those that are giving their all to TN. Hell, if it's ok then just let the whole Clemson team use our facilities. No big deal huh? JMO.

The only reason I don't like it is because Dabo won't let commits visit other schools once committed but he has no problem once their in the program? A little hypocritical in my opinion. Kinda like rubbing salt in the wound. Go work out at those wonderful facilities at Clemson. UT's facilities are for those that are giving their all to TN. Hell, if it's ok then just let the whole Clemson team use our facilities. No big deal huh? JMO.
I think if the whole Clemson team came to Knoxville just to work our at our facility it screams trouble with Clemson’s facilities. One kid working out with his dad at his dad’s workplace...simma down people. 😏

What position? There’s no position. And if anything, it’s high class for Tennessee to let him come work out at our training center with his father. Any Tennessee fan complaining about this looks incredibly small and petty imo.
And that is your opinion. I think there could be some murky water with this scenario. There are some valid reasons for allowing and some valid reasons for disallowing this.

You hit the proverbial nail squarely on the head. Both sentences.....you nailed it!

VN Store

Back