Amari Rodgers working out at the UT Sports Complex

Honestly I think this doesn't hurt Tennessee. I doubt Rodgers would ever transfer BUT IF and I mean IF he were to ever want to transfer this would help UT. This does more to improve UT than to hurt it JMHO though. Carry on losing your minds.

This kinda stuff is exactly why our fan base gets a bad reputation. A kid is spending some time with his father getting a workout in. Whats the big deal ? If the picture would of been taken at Catholic some of yall would be bitching bc Tee is at Catholic hanging out instead of at the Anderson Training Center. They deserve the right to have a father & son relationship just like the rest of us. No matter where they are coaching or playing.

I don’t feel as thought those two things are really similar. The only problem I have with it is the fact that students aren’t allowed to use that equipment and some of their paid tuition pays for all that stuff. Not a huge deal, but I get why it rubs people the wrong way.
Tuiton pays for plenty of things students can't use.

The article sums it up perfectly. Normally this would be a big deal but given the particular situation its not such a big deal and actually something of a feel good story. For the past 7 years Tee and his son have literally been on opposite sides of the country. It does not hurt anyone let them bond some. As long as the story does not end with him trying to transfer to UT its all good. That happening would be super bad and bring the AA down on us like thunder.

Reactions: quadlee21
Honestly I think this doesn't hurt Tennessee. I doubt Rodgers would ever transfer BUT IF and I mean IF he were to ever want to transfer this would help UT. This does more to improve UT than to hurt it JMHO though. Carry on losing your minds.
that would be the worst possible outcome fire and brimstone would rain down for the NCAA if he tried that. Tee knows this, clemson knows this and the kid knows this thats why its not a big deal. Not gonna happen.

If it was an unknown college athlete that went to Lambuth no one would care on this board

Besides, there is no risk of a violation here. He is in his hometown and his dad works here. This actually happens all the time. Most coaches kids just aren't this high profile. Kids also transfer back to schools that their dads coach on the regular.

that would be the worst possible outcome fire and brimstone would rain down for the NCAA if he tried that. Tee knows this, clemson knows this and the kid knows this thats why its not a big deal. Not gonna happen.
NCAA wouldn't do a damn thing. IF Tennessee actively recruited a player at another program then it might be an issue. If the player comes to your campus and works out with his father then there isnt a damn thing that they can do.

Reactions: slickvol
It's unlikely Tennessee plays Clemson in the near future, so I don't have a problem with it.

What about Willie Martinez, Shoop and Janeck's boys on the team taking up all the oxygen in the lockroom? Those cats would never contribute in any way. Complain about them taking up spots if you want to complain.

Come on people get a grip .... whats the big flippin deal .. so what .. this kid is a good kid ... one of the best ..polite kids to come out of Knoxville ... like an earlier post .. it would do more good to just let it go than to bitch about something so ridiculaous which makes us look so flippin immature ... come on people chill !!!!!

Would it be ok if Trevor Lawrence and Tee Higgins joined him to work on routes and timing? Is it ok if Tua and his Bama guys come in and work or how about the Dawgs and Gators? If it's ok for one, then it should be ok for all.
Aint gonna happen dork .. they didnt grow up in this city and have friends all over this city ..at all schools ... Knox Fulton, Cath ., Central this kid is liked everywhere ..good kid .

Lol. You should try this Indica dab pen I've got Behr. Puts everything in it's proper perspective imo.

Better not Henry. I've got a metal plate in my head and every time the wife cranks up the microwave, yea you know how this goes.

Speaking of perspective. Go back through this thread and pick out the post that shows the most outrage in your opinion.

It doesn’t bother me really, but I get why it does some. At the end of the day it really doesn’t matter. The people who are largely up in arms about it are the same who flipped out when Pruitt stayed at bammer to coach in the title game. Some just look at UTs interest being far and above anything and everything else.
When UT is paying you millions it should be.

VN Store

Back