A rational perspective...

Heupel is the right man for us at this time! He walked into a mess, that he had nothing to do with! I like our coach! 8-9 wins would be a great season.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Only an abject MORON would say definitely what you just said. It is simply stupid to make those kinds of declarations about future events that you do not directly and completely control.
Not sure what game you watched Saturday F’ing Moron, but I did not see world beaters. Obvious you know nothing about college football. Thanks for the nice statements about my character Nostradamus.

You seriously think Bama will even have the opportunity?

Nebraska looking now, Auburn could be before the end of the season. He’ll be in Nebraska or Auburn next year.
Don’t see Dabo going to Bama. Kitten most likely.

No need to be on either extreme. We know we aren’t world beaters yet and we also know we aren’t cursed with failure and disaster. I am trying to enjoy each week as it comes. With a Bowl game, there Are exactly 13 hours of actual game time out of the 8760 hours in a year. They will pass in a flash and it will be the long drought of off season. Savor each minute without soaring or crashing.

How is calling out someone…….”getting played”

Wouldn’t it really be: he tried to play folks……but failed miserably?
So Colin Robinson is an energy vampire character from a TV show about vampires living together, and trolls online to feed on the people in comment sections and threads. So it's more about making that connection to this obvious Troll thread the op started.

Slow down, everyone. Reading the board and the way people are reacting, you would think Tennessee is playing for the national championship. For any rational fan, there has to be a lot more convincing to say that Tennessee has arrived. The volunteers had to squeak out a win, in overtime, against an average Pitt team, without their starting QB. I would not exactly call that the win of the century. Now, don't get me wrong. I am not saying Tennessee fans shouldn't be happy we were able to pull off the win, but a lot of fans are acting like Heupel is the next Saban already. It's way too early to be acting like that. Cautiously optimistic is where the more clear thinking fans should be.

I am looking forward to getting into SEC play. Let's see what happens.
I’ve not seen but a very limited amount of posts suggesting such grandiosity. In fact, the majority of posts and vol fans in my real life have been very cautious about our boys being able to break the internet. Most fans I’ve talked to or read posts of, have a cautious sense of “take what comes and see the growth” approach.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
So Colin Robinson is an energy vampire character from a TV show about vampires living together, and trolls online to feed on the people in comment sections and threads. So it's more about making that connection to this obvious Troll thread the op started.

Ok

However if a “troll” creates a highly flawed post…….gets called out and better yet becomes caught in his own trap…….I’m not too sure…….”he’s playing anyone.”

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Slow down, everyone. Reading the board and the way people are reacting, you would think Tennessee is playing for the national championship. For any rational fan, there has to be a lot more convincing to say that Tennessee has arrived. The volunteers had to squeak out a win, in overtime, against an average Pitt team, without their starting QB. I would not exactly call that the win of the century. Now, don't get me wrong. I am not saying Tennessee fans shouldn't be happy we were able to pull off the win, but a lot of fans are acting like Heupel is the next Saban already. It's way too early to be acting like that. Cautiously optimistic is where the more clear thinking fans should be.

I am looking forward to getting into SEC play. Let's see what happens.
Pitt didn't have their starting QB because we made them not have him

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Why was that starting QB out of the game?
When was the last time we won a game we usually find a way to lose ? Are we back ? Who knows but downplaying a good road win is stupid at best. Pitt is a good football team and will have a solid season. Every game is different. We have as good of coaches as any team out there. Do we have the talent probably not. Every game has to be played someone will win. Why not us ?
I don’t think we are on the talent level with Fl, LSU, Bama, Ga or Ky. Think we take 2 or 3 of those 5.

I don’t think we are on the talent level with Fl, LSU, Bama, Ga or Ky. Think we take 2 or 3 of those 5.
Let’s Finnish the recruiting season with all 4* & 5* recruits to get a top 10 class to complete with Bama & GA.

You seriously think Bama will even have the opportunity?

Nebraska looking now, Auburn could be before the end of the season. He’ll be in Nebraska or Auburn next year.
Dabo not leaving Clemson. He’s got it made there. Bama is going to be a pressure cooker do the next coach. Kiffen the only one I can see handling it.

Lol KY doesnt have our Offensive Talent level at all. We are on par with UF talent wise. Not aure about LSU but they look like trash... Agree with Bama and UGA

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Heupel or someone will be the "next generation". Saban is established but someone else will rise to the national level over the next few years IMO because they figure out how to lead and manage a roster in the "new realities" of NIL and the portal. Some coaching styles (IMO B Kelly is an example) aren't going to play all that well over time when guys who feel mistreated can hit the door.

Dabo is another guy I think it making a lot of wrong moves at the wrong time. He had to know that his contract was being negotiated and that a public announcement would be made... yet he chose to complain about NIL loudly and publicly.

I don't know exactly how Heupel will end up. But he appears to have the right kind of leadership to go along with a pretty good football mind for this era. There are always a ton of things that can go wrong.... but he has IMO a lot of the right ingredients to be one of the next generation successes.
CJH had a bad Saturday. Anybody that watched that game I think would agree.That kind of performance against SEC will get us killed.

VN Store

Back