A rational perspective...

Not sure what game you watched Saturday F’ing Moron, but I did not see world beaters. Obvious you know nothing about college football. Thanks for the nice statements about my character Nostradamus.
Yeah. I saw Bama's game too. Watched UF struggle to move the ball at home vs UK... and perform WORSE offensively than Miami OH did. So Miami is a "world beater", right? No. They couldn't blow out a bad FCS team last week. USCe has played like world beaters, right? LOL. LSU?

Yeah. It is MORONIC to DECLARE CERTAIN losses against those teams based on what we've seen so far.

In the game I saw, UT played poorly and made uncharacteristic mistakes and still beat a good team. You've been beating this drum since BEFORE Saturday so it isn't some kind of new revelation since the Pitt game.

Reactions: norrislakevol
CJH had a bad Saturday. Anybody that watched that game I think would agree.That kind of performance against SEC will get us killed.
Depends on the opponent. Opponent can play poorly too... right? UT played a game not entirely unlike that one and beat UK last year. And lost to Pitt and Purdue.

I agree that IF they play that poorly then they will struggle to win. You have made a declaration that they WILL play that poorly and WILL lose.

Slow down, everyone. Reading the board and the way people are reacting, you would think Tennessee is playing for the national championship. For any rational fan, there has to be a lot more convincing to say that Tennessee has arrived. The volunteers had to squeak out a win, in overtime, against an average Pitt team, without their starting QB. I would not exactly call that the win of the century. Now, don't get me wrong. I am not saying Tennessee fans shouldn't be happy we were able to pull off the win, but a lot of fans are acting like Heupel is the next Saban already. It's way too early to be acting like that. Cautiously optimistic is where the more clear thinking fans should be.

I am looking forward to getting into SEC play. Let's see what happens.[/

Slow down, everyone. Reading the board and the way people are reacting, you would think Tennessee is playing for the national championship. For any rational fan, there has to be a lot more convincing to say that Tennessee has arrived. The volunteers had to squeak out a win, in overtime, against an average Pitt team, without their starting QB. I would not exactly call that the win of the century. Now, don't get me wrong. I am not saying Tennessee fans shouldn't be happy we were able to pull off the win, but a lot of fans are acting like Heupel is the next Saban already. It's way too early to be acting like that. Cautiously optimistic is where the more clear thinking fans should be.

I am looking forward to getting into SEC play. Let's see what happens.
Everyone stop being excited about your football team and have low expectations.

Reactions: T Clifton

You must be new here?
JG was the next Josh Dobbs, H Bailey was the next Peyton Manning and was gonna be winning us a SEC title this year, Nico already has us slated for a NC in 2 years.
Vol nation doesn’t know the meaning of slow down!!

(1) Show me one fan, anywhere on this board, who said or even implied that "Tennessee is playing for the national championship." You won't be able to. You created a strawman so you could waggle your finger at it.

(2) That wasn't "an average Pitt team, without their starting QB." That was the defending ACC champion Pitt team, with their starting QB, who our defense talked into taking a seat on the sideline for more than half the game. That's the very definition of "making your own luck."

I don't know what your goal was with this thread. I doubt it's working as you hoped.

You must be new here?
JG was the next Josh Dobbs, H Bailey was the next Peyton Manning and was gonna be winning us a SEC title this year, Nico already has us slated for a NC in 2 years.
Vol nation doesn’t know the meaning of slow down!!
Not that you would engage in hyperbole or anything....

I don’t see anyone being unrealistic. Other than Georgia and Alabama—Tennessee should be favored in every other game this season. 10-2 isn’t seeming so unrealistic.

Pitt was a 50/50 game that the Vols won and in a way no one thought would be the case. Florida is a 50/50 game as well. LSU too. Season starts next week. Pitt, in the end will help pad the win total. They may win the weak azz ACC again though. Clemson looks pedestrian on offense again.

Sports are supposed to be FUN, not rational.

200w.gif

I thought you were in jail Lou?

VN Store

Back