2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach Jumper pointed out that three scholarships are available. If Latham and Spearman are committed and take two of the scholarships and Nye is coming with the assistant coach from Alabama and takes the other one, maybe Poindexter realized that and said forget it and went to Kansas State?
I think we had 4 but 3 after Latham, and i doubt the coach would set up a visit and not have a scholarship for a player, that makes no sense. We had 9 scholarship players before Latham so that makes 10, we have 3 more to go.

Reactions: brittannica
I think we had 4 but 3 after Latham, and i doubt the coach would set up a visit and not have a scholarship for a player, that makes no sense. We had 9 scholarship players before Latham so that makes 10, we have 3 more to go.
Was Karoline Striplin on scholarship? Can the 1 year left on that scholarship be used toward another player. Does it work that way?

Reactions: brittannica
Coach Jumper pointed out that three scholarships are available. If Latham and Spearman are committed and take two of the scholarships and Nye is coming with the assistant coach from Alabama and takes the other one, maybe Poindexter realized that and said forget it and went to Kansas State?
I don't remember stating the number of scholarships ,, sorry

Last edited:
Nye and Spear can both play SG

You could have

McQueen
Spear
Nye
Poindexter
Latham/Spearman

Her lineups are flexible and she really needs 2 starting 5s

I’m telling you all.. Talaysia Cooper is going to start this season. If you all go back to when the news broke there is a reason I never mentioned Poindexter. For one, I would not take her over Spear, Cooper, Nye, Puckett, or Latham in the 2/3/4 spots. I would use that time to develop Boyd and let Wynn come in to bring energy in her natural position. I did not see Poindexter transitioning to the SEC. Also, I think the player that UT is after outside of Nye that hasn’t been mentioned is another big-time player that we need to keep off the boards. Once The Ball Out Media and others see her name on VolNation forum they might go and try to put together a NIL deal to fund her to another school lol.

I’m telling you all.. Talaysia Cooper is going to start this season. If you all go back to when the news broke there is a reason I never mentioned Poindexter. For one, I would not take her over Spear, Cooper, Nye, Puckett, or Latham in the 2/3/4 spots. I would use that time to develop Boyd and let Wynn come in to bring energy in her natural position. I did not see Poindexter transitioning to the SEC. Also, I think the player that UT is after outside of Nye that hasn’t been mentioned is another big-time player that we need to keep off the boards. Once The Ball Out Media and others see her name on VolNation forum they might go and try to put together a NIL deal to fund her to another school lol.
It was just a sample lineup…

Was Karoline Striplin on scholarship? Can the 1 year left on that scholarship be used toward another player. Does it work that way?
It is my understanding that a team can have 15 scholarship players, and can have more players, if the players are walk on. Add Wells to this 2024 list, Edie looks to still be a walk on, and we have 10 scholarship players, with 5 scholarships to give.

It is my understanding that a team can have 15 scholarship players, and can have more players, if the players are walk on. Add Wells to this 2024 list, Edie looks to still be a walk on, and we have 10 scholarship players, with 5 scholarships to give.

Thanks for the info.

The bottom half of this post, is kinda what I was thinking. Whether or not the visit was scheduled idk, but here is my thought...

I think it was scheduled tentatively planned, but we told her, were moving on... maybe we got a commitment silently that took her spot. But I personally think they received mutual interest from another player they (LV Staff) like more and shifting focus.

Regardless of that I do hope we land Nye to pair with Latham, hoping/assuming Spearman is a silent. That's 3 and excited to see who the other 1 or 2 end up being I think we ultimately land 4/5

Last edited:
Pondexter goes with Kansas State. I don't know if we changed our mind on her or she just jumped there before the visit. On to the next prospect.

Pondexter goes with Kansas State. I don't know if we changed our mind on her or she just jumped there before the visit. On to the next prospect.

Really think Maria Cornelius is working off information that no longer applies. Previous staff probably had her scheduled to visit and new staff changed their mind. Same thing happened with Lashae Dwyer.

Maybe it has been unintentional and she just doesn’t have intel anymore and is ending up with egg on her face. But I think it’s more likely Maria is trying to make the new staff look bad. Like they “blew” the visits the previous staff had scheduled.

In reality I think we probably have some better quality transfers/players interested in us suddenly and are scheduling those young ladies for visits.

I’m not sure why The Ball Out/Maria seem to think this staff would be interested in all the same players as the previous staff.

Would a win over SC have saved Kellie's job had they lost to LSU in the finals?

IMO? No.

Her job was on the line after the 3 losses to Ohio State, ND and MTSU.

Winning 1/3 against SC was not going to magically save her job.

At the end of the day it really just seems like White wanted to go a different direction. Don’t think he liked the product or the roster management and wanted to hire his own coach.

Would a win over SC have saved Kellie's job had they lost to LSU in the finals?
Probably would have. A win over South Carolina would’ve pushed you up to a five seed, likely setting up a meeting with Virginia Tech, who was without their best player and did not advance out of the second round. Another Sweet 16 would’ve certainly gotten her another year.

Probably would have. A win over South Carolina would’ve pushed you up to a five seed, likely setting up a meeting with Virginia Tech, who was without their best player and did not advance out of the second round. Another Sweet 16 would’ve certainly gotten her another year.

You think so? I’m not at all convinced there. Even if we made the Sweet 16 I think too much happened during the season. Just truly seemed like White was going a different direction no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back