2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also know as "trilly" or "tilly"? At the time of our coach firing/hiring, he was roundly dismissed as a hack who knew nothing. Then he turned out right about all that and now he's our main source. Thanks internet.

I’ve known them to be very accurate for several years. And yes they are also Trilly Donovan, a Billy Donovan parody account that posts MBB news.

Chen as well? Of you could bring her and Hunter in together for one season that would be the best PG duo in the country. Bar none.
Not sure you would recruit over Wells to that extent? I think she deserves the chance she never really got.
Have we forgot Jill told Kellie she did not like the post and always seemed to float around top of circle. Unless she changes attitude and skill improves she is not the answer for a post player
I forgot bc I never heard that. Can you cite a source for Jill "telling" Kellie? What I heard was Kellie saying both Jill and Karo were better suited at the four. But obviously that choice wasn't always available due to TK's slow comeback.

If you go back and look at the sidelines on that play, it was too many leaders and not enough followers. Everybody was barking orders of what to do even players on the sideline that the play was doomed to begin with. Watch how Kea was initially up and told to move back, Joy was suggesting things at Kellie, players were yelling at their teammates to be here and there, it was a mess.

Definitely was a coaching issue, but if the Refs make the correct calls on Fulwiley prior to that, that play never happens and unfortunately there were several critical plays like that were her faults would've likely never happened if the refs made the right call.

But that's water under the bridge now. It is what it is. Wishing her well on her next journey and hoping Coach Caldwell truly is up for the task, because UT isn't Marshall or Glennville State, she won't get as long of a rope here with how toxic this fan base can be at times.
Coaches job is to control what they can control…Their players and the plays called.

Fans have right to complain about referees calls.

At the end of the day the game could have been different with better officiating but the game would have probably been won with better coaching.

Facts not hating.

lol , before Kellie decided Kari was a post her 3 point average was 40+ percent
Kellie never decided that. TK's bloodclots decided that. See above, Kellie said many times she knew both Karo and Jill were better suited to the 4.

Kellie is responsible for not recruiting a back up true post for TK. But to say she "decided" Karo was a post is just not true.

lol , before Kellie decided Kari was a post her 3 point average was 40+ percent

Yeah Karo never got used properly at UT due to poor roster management. She’s going to have an opportunity to make an impact at Indiana and I hope she does.

She is a player that should have been shorting 1-2 trail 3s per game to go along with her inside game. If you can pop a couple of those it really trips the defense up because suddenly their big can not just run back and rim guard.

Last edited:
Reactions: brittannica
Not sure you would recruit over Wells to that extent? I think she deserves the chance she never really got.

I forgot bc I never heard that. Can you cite a source for Jill "telling" Kellie? What I heard was Kellie saying both Jill and Karo were better suited at the four. But obviously that choice wasn't always available due to TK's slow comeback.

Wells is a big question mark. She had a major injury and prior to that she was so so in her first few games at UT.

She is going to have two years remaining so if her knee is not quite ready to go I can definitely see us taking two over her and then her getting more minutes her final season.

To be fair, she has a ton of potential, but we still don’t know what she can do at a P5 level. I wasn’t overly impressed with her 6 games as a Lady Vol. Did feel like the coaching staff was doing their usual and were way too in her head about stuff. She went from a free playing, dynamic guard to one dimensional, over thinker in one summer.

Yes, players need to unlearn and relearn for you system but they don’t need to unlearn how to be a basketball player.

Reactions: krichunaka
Is this thread about the 2024 transfer portal, or about what all ppl think CKH did wrong. Move on.

It’s about the portal. Read the posts and follow along.

Discussing why we might recruit over a player is not rehashing the past. You Kellie fans are the ones who are so incredibly sensitive and attack posters anytime something comes up.

It’s going to continue to come up for a season or two. It will fade, but right now comparisons are not just natural, they are fair.

Transfers Coach Lazo has made social media contact with in the last week.

Kaitlyn Chen
Donovyn Hunter
Mir McClean
Shy Day-Wilson

Chen really wants to go to UConn but I don’t think they have a spot or a need for her.

Come to the dark (bright orange) side my friend….
He didn’t contact Laila Phelia, we really need a Pg?

. You Kellie fans are the ones who are so incredibly sensitive and attack posters anytime something comes up.

It’s going to continue to come up for a season or two. It will fade, but right now comparisons are not just natural, they are fair.
Good to see irony survived another night.

How about everyone who isn't a board monitor quit telling everyone else what to post?

Yeah Karo never got used properly at UT due to poor roster management. She’s going to have an opportunity to make an impact at Indiana and I hope she does.

She is a player that should have been shorting 1-2 trail 3s per game to go along with her inside game. If you can pop a couple of those it really trips the defense up because suddenly their big can not just run back and rim guard.
Link? Haven’t seen where she committed to Indiana.

Reactions: krichunaka
He didn’t contact Laila Phelia, we really need a Pg?
If we have a chance at Hunter, I'd rather have her. Sophmore vs senior, Hunter is a bit better 3 pt shooter and has a much better a/t.o. Laila actually had a neg a/t.o this year, 2.1 t.o. to 2 assists. Also, I wasn't overly impressed w her play in Mexico last summer.

Wells is a big question mark. She had a major injury and prior to that she was so so in her first few games at UT.

She is going to have two years remaining so if her knee is not quite ready to go I can definitely see us taking two over her and then her getting more minutes her final season.

To be fair, she has a ton of potential, but we still don’t know what she can do at a P5 level. I wasn’t overly impressed with her 6 games as a Lady Vol. Did feel like the coaching staff was doing their usual and were way too in her head about stuff. She went from a free playing, dynamic guard to one dimensional, over thinker in one summer.

Yes, players need to unlearn and relearn for you system but they don’t need to unlearn how to be a basketball player.
Wells played 10 games.

Link? Haven’t seen where she committed to Indiana.

Follow along with the board. Nothing official from her or IU yet but she’s followed the team and they are following her. Karo’s UT teammates are indicating IU for her as well.

This isn’t a court of law, it’s a sports message board lol

Reactions: VolFuture

Thinking she probably follows her Coach to Marquette. I’m very leery about most of those mid-major transfers. Have only seen a couple of them excel at the higher level.

I thought what Tricia Cullop said in her Miami presser was pretty poignant. She was asked about Toledo players following her and she essentially said she hopes not. That those players were recruited to Toledo, she’s proud of what they built there and thinks that is the right level for those players.

Last edited:
Reactions: glv98 and travis929
If we have a chance at Hunter, I'd rather have her. Sophmore vs senior, Hunter is a bit better 3 pt shooter and has a much better a/t.o. Laila actually had a neg a/t.o this year, 2.1 t.o. to 2 assists. Also, I wasn't overly impressed w her play in Mexico last summer.
Laila is an 80% Ft shooter compared to only 60%, but I think Laila is better. And I don’t mind k my one year for ore Pg, we can still get Aaliyah Chavez, I do t want to hear about not recruiting over Hunter by people on here.

There were rumors that Hunter was headed to TCU but I wonder if that would still be true with both HVL and Scherr headed there -- along with Madison Conner still being there. That's a pretty loaded backcourt.

There were rumors that Hunter was headed to TCU but I wonder if that would still be true with both HVL and Scherr headed there -- along with Madison Conner still being there. That's a pretty loaded backcourt.

That would be suicide for another guard right now.

Seriously what is he doing? They have like no forwards and one center who has never played a full season and is injured every time she sneezes.

He already recruited over Cavinder after she committed and she left. Just don’t think that’s a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back