2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
She would've been a double double player with more playing time. They kind of split it three ways with Oldacre getting about the same amount of minutes and another post getting a few. Overall she shot 51 percent from the field and had a 1.23 scoring efficiency rating even with a very poor free throw shooting season. If she could get that free throw percentage up to 70 percent she becomes really efficient on offense in the coming seasons.

Yeah they split it 3 ways with Oldacre, Lattimore and Spearman in the post last season.

I think Meier really liked Oldacre’s size for defense but she just isn’t in good enough shape to play heavy minutes. Spearman got the most use out of the 3 playing at both the 4 and 5.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I'd much rather have a balanced scoring team than one player trying to do to much. They won a lot of games, but lost several they should have won when she went 6 of 30 from the field. I know she is going to get better, but hopefully for USC she stops taking so many shots and tries to get everyone involved more.
She doesn’t try to do too much, if they get Kiki and when Kennedy Smith gets there u will see a balanced scoring team. Players like Clark tries to do too much you’re asking me.

Last edited:
Reactions: brittannica
I'd much rather have a balanced scoring team than one player trying to do to much. They won a lot of games, but lost several they should have won when she went 6 of 30 from the field. I know she is going to get better, but hopefully for USC she stops taking so many shots and tries to get everyone involved more.
Same. There’s a reason USC is vying for Kiki Iriafen’s services.

Juju is generational, but she’s gonna need other talented players to have any shot at natty.

Yeah they split it 3 ways with Oldacre, Lattimore and Spearman in the post last season.

I think Meier really liked Oldacre’s size for defense but she just isn’t in good enough shape to play heavy minutes. Spearman got the most use out of the 3 playing at both the 4 and 5.
I haven't studied how it worked out, but if you can get a double double out of both positions per forty minutes doesn't matter if you played it that way. What you want out of the three and four is probably 30 ppg per game and about the same in rebounding. Your probably a good team if you can get to that amount of scoring on a decent amount of shots. Their guard play was a little weak. If they had better guards would've had a better season.

Reactions: VolBall09
She doesn’t try to do too much, if they get Kiki and when Kennedy Smith gets there u will see a balanced scoring team. Players like Clark tries to do too much is u was asking me.
Shooting the ball 30 times is trying to do to much when you make only six. She had four or five games like that. She also had several where she made more points on less shots. I think if they get those two bigs next season her shot total will go down.

Shooting the ball 30 times is trying to do to much when you make only six. She had four or five games like that. She also had several where she made more points on less shots. I think if they get those two bigs next season her shot total will go down.
She did what she needed to do at the time, was Clark doing too much while taking 30 shots?

Spearman, Latham, Pondexter, Nye and two more we don't know. Were knocking it out of the park raising the athleticism of the team. I wouldn't like to be an opponent to be pressed by this team. We might see a big change in the turnover stats next season.
And let's not forget that both Boyd and Coop are athletic and are known for their defense. It should be fun to see!

To this point looks like both Spearman and Latham have committed. We believe that Nye has committed, but will not go public until after the semester at Alabama ends. We have a visit coming up for Temira Pondexter. Scoreboard two confirmed commitments, one commitment that is probable. Three scholarships to give.

To this point looks like both Spearman and Latham have committed. We believe that Nye has committed, but will not go public until after the semester at Alabama ends. We have a visit coming up for Temira Pondexter. Scoreboard two confirmed commitments, one commitment that is probable. Three scholarships to give.
Chavez is a maybe also

Pondexter looks like she can light it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back