2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim isn’t building this team around one player, she is building it around 1 goal. To win championships. She’s looking for young women who want to do that and want to be part of a team concept and scheme that she knows works.

We are not going to be a one dimensional team. And Kim is definitely a “bad shot is better than a turnover kind of gal” would rather see us get shots up and give ourself a chance.
Shot volume wins games. She designs her system to create offensive rebounds and defensive turnovers. Both of those create superior shot volume.

Vs Florida
386-203-1251121
Vs Texas Tech
366-141-580420
Vs Arky
368-143-564021
Vs MsSt
278-223-1021123
Vs Clemson
3711-283-1654126
Vs Illinois
299-211-742419
Vs P5 average
34 mins | 40-119 fg (33.6%) | 14-55 3pt (25.4%) | 5 rpg | 2 apg | 21.7 ppg

Not very efficient I could see that being an issue.. she also is used to never coming off the floor. Those are 2 very big questions to her game
I wonder if that’s because she was really the only thing her team had going on so she was carrying that team on her shoulders?

Not a good fit at all… I pray she doesn’t. They are run and gun I don’t see it. Beers is one of the best halfcourt players in the country

Eh I think she’d do well there, they really need a post. I’d much rather see her there than UConn haha

Eh I think she’d do well there, they really need a post. I’d much rather see her there than UConn haha
I’d rather see her at Indiana or Texas or Oregon State or Stanford or idk there’s just so many better fits imo… she’ll do good anywhere but where will she do the best. Uconn is a good fit lmao

Just thinking that given the pieces Coach Kim is assembling here she would just be one part of a dynamic group of shooters so not so much pressure. The stat sheet doesn’t tell us what percentage shot she was taking.
Yeah I agree I love this fit. I’m concerned about her feelings about it. Bc it will 100% be a reduced roll for her last year.

Reactions: dazzleme
Kim isn’t building this team around one player, she is building it around 1 goal. To win championships. She’s looking for young women who want to do that and want to be part of a team concept and scheme that she knows works.

We are not going to be a one dimensional team. And Kim is definitely a “bad shot is better than a turnover kind of gal” would rather see us get shots up and give ourself a chance.
So if she has a chance on a generational talent she won’t take her and build around her?

I would love it if we got Spearman and Pondexter to go along with Latham. We are so thin for Centers and forwards, and will be even more so after next year. So, great plan to get some of the better youngsters who can play those positions for at least two more years but also to get a real experienced one. With Pondexter, we get such an offensive threat that we are not getting with Spearman if we get her, so they will complement each other beautifully. If we get all three bigs and Nye, this is much better than I was expecting this year.

If she is landing some of the best players and that have starter experience at their former schools out of the portal, what makes anyone think she will not sign those same type of players out of HS?

Nothing will be good enough for certain fans. If you feel this strongly about being a part of a team and their decision making then why not purse a career in coaching?

Reactions: dtnvol
The Vol Vault is posting that Lazaria Spearman has committed 🍊
Spearman is a really high level talented player. Only flaw is free throw shooting. Miami had a lot of bigs and they only played her 18 minutes guess trying to keep everybody happy. I'm really liking our potential in the post with this sophomore and the freshman Latham.

So she won’t go after the best players because of her system?
That was never the point.

The INITIAL point made was CKC won’t build her system around one player. That doesn’t mean she won’t pursue generational talent.

You can pursue a generational player without building your system around them, especially if other talented players are on the roster.

Ask Dawn Staley and Milaysia Fulwiley.

Spearman is a really high level talented player. Only flaw is free throw shooting. Miami had a lot of bigs and they only played her 18 minutes guess trying to keep everybody happy. I'm really liking our potential in the post with this sophomore and the freshman Latham.
She has so much upside! I do think Spearman can develop some back-to-the-basket moves. In the limited film I’ve seen on her, I haven’t seen her make post moves.

That was never the point.

The INITIAL point made was CKC won’t build her system around one player. That doesn’t mean she won’t pursue generational talent.

You can pursue a generational player without building your system around them, especially if other talented players are on the roster.

Ask Dawn Staley and Milaysia Fulwiley.
Juju Watkins is the type of player I’m talking about, but we will see because none of us know what the coach will do, too much talk about system when every team has a system they run. Once the season starts we will see how the team plays

She has so much upside! I do think Spearman can develop some back-to-the-basket moves. In the limited film I’ve seen on her, I haven’t seen her make post moves.
She would've been a double double player with more playing time. They kind of split it three ways with Oldacre getting about the same amount of minutes and another post getting a few. Overall she shot 51 percent from the field and had a 1.23 scoring efficiency rating even with a very poor free throw shooting season. If she could get that free throw percentage up to 70 percent she becomes really efficient on offense in the coming seasons.

Juju Watkins is the type of player I’m talking about, but we will see because none of us know what the coach will do, too much talk about system when every team has a system they run. Once the season starts we will see how the team plays
I'd much rather have a balanced scoring team than one player trying to do to much. They won a lot of games, but lost several they should have won when she went 6 of 30 from the field. I know she is going to get better, but hopefully for USC she stops taking so many shots and tries to get everyone involved more.

Juju wasn’t surrounded by other elite players. She had to be option number one every night. I’m sure CKC would take a player like her in a heartbeat.

As for the system, I see what you’re saying. We haven’t seen her coach at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back