2020 qb comparison/talk/debate (merged)

I obviously agree with that and I can’t believe I’m now having to defend those 3 points BM got last night. Smh. But you’re right overall. I was hoping JG would be better at the beginning of the year and supported him. I became a neutral throughout the season until I seen the way the other QBs were treated and now Im “only here for one player” because I defend against that kind of coaching.

I know I just cannot believe some can see every fault in a true freshman QB but totally overlook the faults in a 4th year player.

You don’t know that. You only know we’ve won games. Let’s say we win 8 games next year with JG. We go to another bowl and everyone is happy because I’m sorry but that’s as good as it gets with JG. You won’t see the effect of today’s decisions until 2021 when we go from an 8 win team to a 5 win team because we didn’t have a qb ready. But hey.... Pruitt got his way on his team.
ha, and ur basing this all on prediction when Pruitt starting and playing JG had took us from 5 wins to 8 wins, both a bowl berth and victory.

all the facts point toward your predictions being bullchit

oh, and btw to clear up your huge lie:

But after a private team meeting following the Vols’ 34-3 loss to Florida, a five-game win streak featuring a goal-line stand against Kentucky plus a bowl-clinching win against Missouri, and, overall, a renewed sense of purpose within the 2019 team, the Vols ultimately earned eight wins in a season that first seemed like it might not produce one.

source:
Seeing 20/20: How Tennessee shook the college football world to its core in one magical, mystical Florida night

I know I just cannot believe some can see every fault in a true freshman QB but totally overlook the faults in a 4th year player.
Yet I’m the one they attack and accuse of being biased when my arguments are aimed towards the future good of the program. But hey..... there’s a few in every crowd.

I obviously agree with that and I can’t believe I’m now having to defend those 3 points BM got last night. Smh. But you’re right overall. I was hoping JG would be better at the beginning of the year and supported him. I became a neutral throughout the season until I seen the way the other QBs were treated and now Im “only here for one player” because I defend against that kind of coaching.
omfg, he completed one pass for 17 yards. these fake arse hero fables. sheesh!

ha, and ur basing this all on prediction when Pruitt starting and playing JG had took us from 5 wins to 8 wins, both a bowl berth and victory.

all the facts point toward your predictions being bullchit

oh, and btw to clear up your huge lie:

But after a private team meeting following the Vols’ 34-3 loss to Florida, a five-game win streak featuring a goal-line stand against Kentucky plus a bowl-clinching win against Missouri, and, overall, a renewed sense of purpose within the 2019 team, the Vols ultimately earned eight wins in a season that first seemed like it might not produce one.

source:
Seeing 20/20: How Tennessee shook the college football world to its core in one magical, mystical Florida night
- No. I’m basing it on the fact that we started 1-4 largely due to JG making freshman mistakes that could’ve been time we spent developing a freshman with higher upside.

- once again every move a coach makes effects much more than what meets the eye at the moment. At the moment it’s easy to say he did the right thing. In 2021 he could be getting fired as a result.

- everyone already knows when the change took place. It was after the UF game. Thing is it’s hard to except for BM haters that that’s when the team was told of the qb change. So.... not a lie at all. That’s facts Jack!

You can say what you wish but if you think back I have still yet to tell anyone anything untrue. Knowing his skill set vs JGs I said IF he got an opportunity this year he would run away with the job. He was in the process of such before injury. Barring injury he’ll do it again.
outside of him I’m trying to get others as well. A defensive end in particular. But I’m not a defensive mind so I’ll do what I can and hope for the best. You THINK I’m only here for him and you couldn’t be more wrong.
TRUTH according to YOURSELF. Need to display your capability to distinguish your educated but biased opinion from FACT, before we can ever have a decent conversation. Interested in how much energy you can muster for ANY OTHER player on the roster other than those who willfully drop passes and run incorrect routes to undermine your boy. I feel I’m very right about your “fandom” but that’s not TRUTH until we stop seeing your posts when Maurer’s no longer on the roster.

TRUTH according to YOURSELF. Need to display your capability to distinguish your educated but biased opinion from FACT, before we can ever have a decent conversation. Interested in how much energy you can muster for ANY OTHER player on the roster other than those who willfully drop passes and run incorrect routes to undermine your boy. I feel I’m very right about your “fandom” but that’s not TRUTH until we stop seeing your posts when Maurer’s no longer on the roster.
Education is the basis of my opinions unlike most that simply take a liking to a player. I rarely state any opinion of mine AS a fact without research. If I do I normally follow it with “imo”. If you looked at my qb breakdown it was not biased at all but rather factual and fair.
And once again I never said Keyton “willfully” dropped passes. I said he gave up on a route in the spring game. I still hold firm to that opinion. Throughout the season he’s dropped more than he’s caught which is a fact. Not opinion. I was happy as hell to see him redeem himself last night and hope it’s a sign of a better future for him because up to that point he’s been rather disappointing for such a highly rated recruit.

We were down 13 with 5 minutes to go, Coach Hoke.
The point is it’s a very different feel today throughout VN without those 3 points and a 2 point loss. And let’s not forget it wasn’t BM that got us 13 points down to begin with. That was all on JG.

It was a night and day difference...i think CJP and Chaney sat JG down and said if i tell to throw it up thats what is what u do or you sit
..of course im not an jnsider or anything. But something caused JG to stop checking down...and started throwing jump balls...
you need better knowledge and info. Listening to this makes me sick.

The point is it’s a very different feel today throughout VN without those 3 points and a 2 point loss. And let’s not forget it wasn’t BM that got us 13 points down to begin with. That was all on JG.

what idiots, JG IS THE BEST WE GOT OR WE WOULD BE PLAYING A DIFFERENT. FIND A DIFFERENT TEAM YO BASH, no more trolling VOLNATION

Reactions: lexkyvol
Education is the basis of my opinions unlike most that simply take a liking to a player
Look, I don’t doubt that you are a smart guy that’s good at what he does, but forgive me for laughing ever so slightly when guy with player’s number in his username chastises people for bias.

Look, I don’t doubt that you are a smart guy that’s good at what he does, but forgive me for laughing ever so slightly when guy with player’s number in his username chastises people for bias.
I don’t understand

Yeah but wow, a couple of those risky throws. Dude hasn’t seen a triple coverage he won’t throw into.
He’s made his share of mistakes. But what people gotta understand is learning a new system while learning to adjust to the speed of the game at the same time is tricky. That’s why freshman even at the Hs level lock on to #1. Hell..... it happens with rookies in the pros. Qbs need time to get comfortable with KNOWING where their receivers are going to be without looking. It all fixes itself over time and that where Hs film becomes important in evaluation. If they did it as a senior in Hs it’s likely that’s just who they are. But I can assure you he didn’t. Feel free to look at his highlight film and count how many times he threw into dbl/triple coverage and you won’t use one hand. You can also see how fast he is through his progression in an offense he knows if you pay attention.

I chose that user name well before the kids chose numbers. My favorite qb of all time is Peyton.

FWIW, one of the moderators is free to check the IP's I use. No one else who posts here uses them... in fact I doubt anyone else who posts here lives within an hour of where I live.

Don't worry. It is nothing but projection by @k-town_king. He's a liar and uses several screen names to avoid his own stupid comments.... or applaud them. He's trying to cover by accusing others of what he's guilty of himself.
I think that’s obvious given you only see them 3 liking each others posts but no one else🤔

Education is the basis of my opinions unlike most that simply take a liking to a player. I rarely state any opinion of mine AS a fact without research. If I do I normally follow it with “imo”. If you looked at my qb breakdown it was not biased at all but rather factual and fair.
And once again I never said Keyton “willfully” dropped passes. I said he gave up on a route in the spring game. I still hold firm to that opinion. Throughout the season he’s dropped more than he’s caught which is a fact. Not opinion. I was happy as hell to see him redeem himself last night and hope it’s a sign of a better future for him because up to that point he’s been rather disappointing for such a highly rated recruit.
Making predictions based on what WILL happen is an opinion...researched or not. There’s really not enough of a season sample on Keyton for ANY conclusion on his skillset.

Making predictions based on what WILL happen is an opinion...researched or not. There’s really not enough of a season sample on Keyton for ANY conclusion on his skillset.
I know it’s an opinion until it becomes fact when the subject of conversation is literally 2 years from now. I don’t need an education on the difference of fact and opinion.
No there’s not enough sample size on Keyton. That’s why I haven’t taken a position on his skill set other than what I’ve seen in limited opportunity. I don’t dislike Keyton and don’t think he intentionally fell short of expectations. I actually think he’s much better than he’s been.

I know it’s an opinion until it becomes fact when the subject of conversation is literally 2 years from now. I don’t need an education on the difference of fact and opinion.
No there’s not enough sample size on Keyton. That’s why I haven’t taken a position on his skill set other than what I’ve seen in limited opportunity. I don’t dislike Keyton and don’t think he intentionally fell short of expectations. I actually think he’s much better than he’s been.
Just odd that he’s been referenced as the cause of incomplete passes or one of the interceptions in an intra-squad game. Those things happen to other QBs...why not Maurer?

VN Store

Back