2019 NBA Offseason - Beastmode Cowboy Edition

Yeah Woj made it really confusing in his tweet for some reason. I had to look around to figure everything out

I bet not. He's either staying in Charlotte, where he said he'd take less money, or he'll go join LA to contend. He doesn't seem the type to bite at the first flash of dollar bills.

Jazz are a 50-win team with PG as a position of weakness. Why wouldn't they be contenders in next year's WC, which is wide open?

He's not taking less money to stay in Charlotte.

Utah might be the only place where he can contend and get paid. Why not?

Reactions: BadJerry20
That 2024 unprotected pick the Pelicans got might just be the best asset in that haul.

Jazz are a 50-win team with PG as a position of weakness. Why wouldn't they be contenders in next year's WC, which is wide open?

I don’t see the point in going somewhere to “contend” if there’s no chance you win anything.

The Jazz could offer him like $28M a year, I believe. The Lakers can offer $22M (and escalate it higher) and you become title favorites and get to live in LA. I don’t see this as much of a discussion.

I like the Jazz - but not for Kemba. Would be cool to see Jimmy or Tobias go out there.

It seems like most people are just locking the Lakers in the finals. To me there are 5 or 6 teams, maybe more depending on The Clips, that have a shot at the Finals, and The Jazz are definitely 1 of them.

I don’t see the point in going somewhere to “contend” if there’s no chance you win anything.

The Jazz could offer him like $28M a year, I believe. The Lakers can offer $22M (and escalate it higher) and you become title favorites and get to live in LA. I don’t see this as much of a discussion.

I like the Jazz - but not for Kemba. Would be cool to see Jimmy or Tobias go out there.

Why is there no chance Utah wins anything? I think Utah, Warriors, Nuggets, Rockets, Lakers all could come out of The West.

Talk is that they’re going to offer him, and maybe even attach their first to Batum or Williams to create a little more room to do it.

They shouldn’t offer him the supermax, I think we’re in agreement on that.

So they're going to be even worse? If I were him, I'd probably stay for a supermax. His legacy can be best Hornet ever. That's almost as good as being the best player on a title team and it's about on par with being the 2nd best player on a title team.

I don’t see it with the Jazz or Nuggets. No top star.

Kemba would be the go-to star on a team with 3 all star caliber players. Mitchell has tons of potential. He probably extends, but either way you have at least 2 years with him and the 2× dpoy. Gobert did 16, 13, and 65% (one of three players ever). Both guys are still on their way up. Walker is the perfect type of player to help them develop.

The problem would be defending other guards, but they might be an offensive mismatch enough in their favor to offset that.

Reactions: BadJerry20
Jokic is really good - but I don’t think he can ever lead a team to the Finals. Idk I’ve been wrong before.

25-13-8.5 on 50% FG and 39% from 3 in the playoffs, seems pretty star like. Malone kind of screwed up running him 40MPG in the playoffs when they have a quality backup. Murray, even though I hate him, keeps improving. Craig has quietly become one of the best 3 and D guys in the league, they have shooting every where. Even if Joker can't be "that guy" I think they can be like Chauncey's Pistons, but I am extremely biased as I've been pushing them for awhile, so I could just be overly optimistic.

I feel like LA might be better off with say BroLo and JJ and a couple other cheap guys that can hit open 3's vs Kemba and me.

Brogdon is the best guard you could possibly put next to Lebron and they might be able to get him with that $24m with some to spare. I think he's worth the full $24m. He's big, he can share ball handling duties, he can usually take the toughest defensive assignment, and he might be one of the 5 best 3 pt shooters in the league.

My Jazz buddy was dogging him because he's not quick enough. I looked it up and Brogdon got to the rim more than Spyda and he took half as many shots. 50/40/90

I am really curious to see what he gets offered.

Lol I'm sorry but even if Kemba joined Utah, that is not a team that is winning any titles...

VN Store

Back