2019 NBA Offseason - Beastmode Cowboy Edition

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
I don't think we need to wait for the postseason to end to get this conversation going. This topic had my interest months ago.

I'm thinking about my Jazz and how we need a better guard to compliment Spyda. We either need somebody to defend quick guards or big guards (finding a guy to do both is probably too much to ask). My burning question is, would anybody match/outbid us for Rozier or Brogdon at 4 yrs/$80M?

Last edited:
I think OKC can still make a run, but it's going to take a lot of changes. First Fire Billy, go after Ettore Messina. Throw everyone on the block but Russ, PG, and Grant. Try to move Adams, and or Dennis for a 2 guard that can shoot, try and get a big that can pick and pop as well as roll, everyone knows Adams is rolling 100% of the time and it clogs the lane. Stop ****ing drafting guys that are athletic but can't shoot. We've basically spent Russ career surrounding with incorrect pieces. But knowing OKC they say, "well Dre comes back next year and we will be elite defensively" but unless Dre magically became a 38% 3 point shooter it doesn't matter in today's NBA. I think Russ, PG, Grant, a shooter at 2 guard, and a stretch 5 could potentially be really good. Ah who am I kidding, we suck. Lol

I think OKC can still make a run, but it's going to take a lot of changes. First Fire Billy, go after Ettore Messina. Throw everyone on the block but Russ, PG, and Grant. Try to move Adams, and or Dennis for a 2 guard that can shoot, try and get a big that can pick and pop as well as roll, everyone knows Adams is rolling 100% of the time and it clogs the lane. Stop ****ing drafting guys that are athletic but can't shoot. We've basically spent Russ career surrounding with incorrect pieces. But knowing OKC they say, "well Dre comes back next year and we will be elite defensively" but unless Dre magically became a 38% 3 point shooter it doesn't matter in today's NBA. I think Russ, PG, Grant, a shooter at 2 guard, and a stretch 5 could potentially be really good. Ah who am I kidding, we suck. Lol

What would it take in return for you to trade Russ?

They need Sabonis back

Reactions: BadJerry20
What would it take in return for you to trade Russ?

They will never trade Russ unless he asks, the org preaches loyalty and Russ is about as loyal as you get. But a shooter, and a playmaking point guard. Russ has flaws but he does create a ton of wide open looks for guys, and PG isn't that type of player, and Fergy and Grant aren't really creating their own shots. I also think if you trade Russ PG wants out soon after, Russ is the main reason he came back. OKC is in a weird spot with him, probably better off trying to restructure and take one last run at it.

Bill Simmons hinted on his pod that Bill Self is really trying to get an NBA head coaching job.

Jayhawks fans are insane and there was a lot of fire this season. They won at least a share of the B12 regular season title 14 straight years and finished 3rd this year and everybody loses it.

Jayhawks fans are insane and there was a lot of fire this season. They won at least a share of the B12 regular season title 14 straight years and finished 3rd this year and everybody loses it.

Way more to do with the scandal than fan expectations

Way more to do with the scandal than fan expectations

Haven't been paying attention. Is KU going down? I know the heat is strongest with LSU and Arizona, but wasn't sure anywhere else would amount to something.

Haven't been paying attention. Is KU going down? I know the heat is strongest with LSU and Arizona, but wasn't sure anywhere else would amount to something.

I doubt they “go down” per se, but they are pretty involved. Plus he’s had like three players have eligibility issues in the last two years. Might be tired of recruiting.

VN Store

Back