2019 NBA Offseason - Beastmode Cowboy Edition

Jazz are a 50-win team with PG as a position of weakness. Why wouldn't they be contenders in next year's WC, which is wide open?

He's not taking less money to stay in Charlotte.

Utah might be the only place where he can contend and get paid. Why not?

Because nobody goes to Utah that’s why. He’s not going there.

Lol I'm sorry but even if Kemba joined Utah, that is not a team that is winning any titles...

Well, we were saying "contend" not "win". Do you think Kemba looks at himself and thinks he can't make a 50-win team into a contender? Do you think his agent thinks that?

Horford and C's talking about a 3 year deal. I think he's the guy I'd like to see win a title more than anybody else in the league (non-Jazz, obviously). Too bad it's probably not happening in Boston.

Brogdon is the best guard you could possibly put next to Lebron and they might be able to get him with that $24m with some to spare. I think he's worth the full $24m. He's big, he can share ball handling duties, he can usually take the toughest defensive assignment, and he might be one of the 5 best 3 pt shooters in the league.

My Jazz buddy was dogging him because he's not quick enough. I looked it up and Brogdon got to the rim more than Spyda and he took half as many shots. 50/40/90

I am really curious to see what he gets offered.

Yeah I really like Brogdons game, can be a bit of a ball stopper, but he would be a good fit.

Well, we were saying "contend" not "win". Do you think Kemba looks at himself and thinks he can't make a 50-win team into a contender? Do you think his agent thinks that?

People seem to be ignoring the fact that there is no monster waiting in The West anymore. The Jazz might need a few breaks to go their way, but I wouldn't be all that shocked if they made the WCF or finals. Then from there, injuries etc, who knows. Kemba and Mitchell defensively might struggle, but Dame and CJ just made the WCF, so team D can cover them and the offensive trade off could be worth it. And Crowder, O'Neale, Gobert, and (gag) Exum>>>Leonard, Chief, Harkless, and Kanter.

Side note: Exum stinks offensively but he's lowkey became a great perimeter defender. Reminds me of Dre a little on D.

My gut feeling on Kemba (who is currently my favorite player) is that his usage rate, and the fact he has never had another teammate take the scoring load off of him, has inflated his stats and value.

Once he finds a good team, he will regress a little bit and might find it hard to fit in initially.

My gut feeling on Kemba (who is currently my favorite player) is that his usage rate, and the fact he has never had another teammate take the scoring load off of him, has inflated his stats and value.

Once he finds a good team, he will regress a little bit and might find it hard to fit in initially.

PPG is overrated. That would come down a bit, but he strikes me as a guy who doesn't want to take a huge scoring load. He wants to be around 16-17 fgapg and it's amazing that he took on an uncomfortable load and did it efficiently.

I get it if he's trying to fit in with 2 superstars who are taking 18+ fgapg's, but the Jazz only had one guy take 11 fgapg's. The guy who took the 2nd most shots is gone. There are plenty of shots to be had there.

People seem to be ignoring the fact that there is no monster waiting in The West anymore. The Jazz might need a few breaks to go their way, but I wouldn't be all that shocked if they made the WCF or finals. Then from there, injuries etc, who knows. Kemba and Mitchell defensively might struggle, but Dame and CJ just made the WCF, so team D can cover them and the offensive trade off could be worth it. And Crowder, O'Neale, Gobert, and (gag) Exum>>>Leonard, Chief, Harkless, and Kanter.

Side note: Exum stinks offensively but he's lowkey became a great perimeter defender. Reminds me of Dre a little on D.

If he can stay healthy at all

Reactions: BadJerry20
I did 3p, switchable D, and passing and it gave me Okeke #1 over Hunter, because his switchable D grade was much lower? Still fun
I like Okeke more than Brandon Clarke. I’ve seen many Minnesota fans wanting us to take Clarke at 11. Hard pass from me

I like Okeke more than Brandon Clarke. I’ve seen many Minnesota fans wanting us to take Clarke at 11. Hard pass from me

One of the guys on the Ringer NBA podcast network has Clarke at #4 on his draft board, which is crazy. I really like his athleticism, but he either needs to be a good 3 point shooter (he didn't shoot many 3's in college) or an elite switchable defender, and his short wingspan was very concerning. He's also 23 already.

VN Store

Back