'15 TN OT Drew Richmond (Former Ole Miss commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring me 1 of Alex Givens, Michael Howard, Javon Patterson, or the guy this thread is named after and I'll be tickled. Especially if we can get Pat Allen and/or Tyree St. Louis as well.

If Richmond rethinks, it will more than likely be Bama. Still, there is probably nothing to see here. What momma wants, momma gets, and momma wants him at Ole Miss

In putting the puzzle together, We aren't even recruiting him anymore. Otherwise we would have been visiting him before dead period and still have an official visit. He is no longer visiting which tells me Butch found out he was using us to recruit other kids to be true and axed the recruitment

The only guy I am truly bummed will not be a Vol.

I can honestly say that this is the only guy Butch has missed on since he started that I thought he could pull.

Is it just because he is from tennessee or something?

Not as much that.. bc I don't consider Memphis to always be loyal to the Vols.

I just know Drew visited us a lot and yes he is the #1 player in the state and with the huge need at Offensive tackle I'm just bummed we didn't have more of an impact in his recruitment.

That being said, he has been drama free and seemingly is sticking with Ole Miss all the way. I can respect that.

Reactions: 1 person
Am I the only one who isn't impressed by this guy? We'd be better off with Jones and Allen or St Louis

Agreed. St Louis has been impressive so far in practices this week by all accounts and Richmond has been called a project.

Agreed. St Louis has been impressive so far in practices this week by all accounts and Richmond has been called a project.

Yea he's going to take a hit in the rankings after this week if he doesn't step up his game. I would take Allen or St Louis over DR anyway. There seems to be a maturity issue with Richmond.

All tackles are projects. There is no such thing as LT that comes in ready to play as a freshman. Even at RT there are major problems with that. Many think tackle prospects should not get 5 stars but they give them out to guys who have the size and agility to be NFL tackles. Richmond has it. Tyree coming from img likely has had better coaching and is technique wise more ready. Can't go wrong with either IMO. But neither is playing LT next year IMO. It will be Kendrick, Kerby or Blair JMO

Reactions: 2 people
All tackles are projects. There is no such thing as LT that comes in ready to play as a freshman. Even at RT there are major problems with that. Many think tackle prospects should not get 5 stars but they give them out to guys who have the size and agility to be NFL tackles. Richmond has it. Tyree coming from img likely has had better coaching and is technique wise more ready. Can't go wrong with either IMO. But neither is playing LT next year IMO. It will be Kendrick, Kerby or Blair JMO
Blair will be a starter next year. The coaches purposely redshirted him just like they planned to do with Dobbs.

Reactions: 3 people

I just know Drew visited us a lot and yes he is the #1 player in the state and with the huge need at Offensive tackle I'm just bummed we didn't have more of an impact in his recruitment.

That being said, he has been drama free and seemingly is sticking with Ole Miss all the way. I can respect that.

Not Butches fault at all. Richmond wanted to be a Vol and play with his buddies, especially Mosley. I know it gets thrown around a lot but this is one time the "extra" benefits is really what happened.

Allen and St.Louis say they don't give a damn Richmond. They WILL be the best player in the state.:peace2:

I will be upset that we didn't get drew van and Rico but this ain't pokemon and you can't get em all I think if we can steal Allen or St. Louis that will really help I don't know what they see in that hall kid but hey I'm not getting paid to be a coach or recruiter or scout so

I will be upset that we didn't get drew van and Rico but this ain't pokemon and you can't get em all I think if we can steal Allen or St. Louis that will really help I don't know what they see in that hall kid but hey I'm not getting paid to be a coach or recruiter or scout so

Pokemon reference was on point

Reactions: 6 people
He shouldn't have to cut block.

Cut blocks are the last resort for outmatched O linemen.

So that says a lot about Richmond's skill and power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back