'15 TN OT Drew Richmond (Former Ole Miss commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never realized Dooley could form an opinion, and if he did, that anyone would care.

And Gruden's comment doesn't make all that much sense either. Is he implying that a team's best player should never make a great play in a crucial situation?...this happens all the time even in the NFL and against the great QBs. Tiny didn't handle Clowney without help all game which has been implied. We were chipping him with the RB a lot, and even the announcers blasted Dooley for not doing it again on that play.

Gruden ultimately said the qb is responsible for knowing protection. Sacks do happen, but in that sich Bray wanted to go deep. He basically said just because you hold him in check all game doesn't mean Bray could be lazy and assume he wouldn't make a play. Bray had the coaches to powder his butt, he doesn't need fans to do it too. I believe Jones being hard on players is one reason Bray left.

Hope so. Tiny regressed equally as much because of the system change though. JJ said the same thing as Tiny, moving from man to zone was difficult, but I think Tiny especially struggled with the switch. Which is probably where the ire with coaching staff talk came from.

The general feeling of frustration of being injured and having a scheme change and having a family member with health issues. The guy had a lot on his plate at the time, it's easy to get pissed when you have all of that going on even at those trying to help you.

Yeah... I think Butch and company gave Tiny solid advice. It was just advice that Tiny couldn't take due to his situation. Good for him for stepping up and taking care of his family when they needed him. Hope his fathers health improves... Tiny is a VFL!!!!

Last edited:
I haven't been following this thread as much anymore, so pardon me if this has already been discussed. But since when was Drew Richmond interested in Texas?

The Longhorns will have a ton of work to do and perhaps face and insurmountable task of trying to flip four-star Ole Miss offensive tackle commit Drew Richmond. But after watching the Texas offensive line and with Chris Vaughn having long ago sold Richmond on the fact that Texas needs tackles, the 6-foot-5-inch, 310-pound pure tackle prospect said it's “absolutely” appealing that the Longhorns have a desperate need for players at his position.

Richmond, who will visit Texas Jan. 30, has family in Dallas and likes what he's seen from Strong and the new regime.

“Their defense is really, really good, they just couldn't get much offense,” Richmond said when asked for his thoughts on the Arkansas loss. “But once they get some players there they'll be really good.”

Source: Texas Longhorns rebuilding Malik Jefferson DeShon Elliott

I haven't been following this thread as much anymore, so pardon me if this has already been discussed. But since when was Drew Richmond interested in Texas?

Source: Texas Longhorns rebuilding Malik Jefferson DeShon Elliott

I think it simply comes down to a high level prospect looking at playing time vs. Winning programs. If an elite prospect sees an opening whether lower competition such as at Texas or a winning program at Ole Miss or Bama then they have serious thoughts about it. Remember this could be a multi million dollar decision. We unfortunately/fortunately have Blair whom might be a cornerstone for the next 2 years and have only put together a average season or worse for a while. We win say 8-9 games next year could you imagine what CBJ would do with the recruits going forward. Hell, Dylan Moses may rethink his commitment!!!

Go big orange and happy new year VN

I think I've been saying for awhile now.....Jones is a much better tackle.

Now if we can add Allen or St Louis, or both, we will have an outstanding offensive line class, to go with the best defensive line class in the nation

Reactions: 1 person
Hope he's looking at the scoreboard right now, because that's probably what the next 3-4 years of his life is going to be like. On a side note, Patterson is the best HC in football. Even better than Saban IMHO.

Drew definitely has some work to do

I stated it earlier in this thread that I know an assistant high school coach at a championship school in Memphis, and they scrimmaged MUS this year. He said that Richmond was athletic but that he wasn't guaranteed to be a tackle in college. He said that he would not be shocked to see him play guard. Just what I was told.

Hope he's looking at the scoreboard right now, because that's probably what the next 3-4 years of his life is going to be like. On a side note, Patterson is the best HC in football. Even better than Saban IMHO.

Snyder is still the best, but Patterson is up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back