#1 class???

That’s the same thing folks would’ve said about A&M last year around this time I’m sure. But we’re in great shape with at least 3 different 5 star players right now we’ve got a great shot at landing and already have something like 4 top 100’s committed including a top 5 overall player. How on earth is it impossible?
I never said it was IMPOSSIBLE. It's just absurdly unlikely. We already have 5 3*s. We'd literally have to not take any more than maybe 1 more 3* for the ENTIRE class. And we're almost definitely taking John Slaughter. The odds are just so highly against us.

Just play it our or use the 247 class calculator. I have. We would need a 94-95 AVERAGE to finish #1. We're currently a tad below 91. The rest of our class would need to AVERAGE 96-97 lol. That is an absurd ask.

And fwiw TAMU was way out of ahead of everyone on NIL, that's how they did it. Oh and A&M finished 8th and 6th the 2 years prior. They were much closer to begin with. Not #18 (HS/JUCO) and #24 (including transfers) like we did last year. That's a farrr larger jump to make in 1 year.

Just run out the numbers and you'll see how extremely improbable it is. We would need everyone we want and maybe then some.

It's really not that important. Top 10 with THIS scheme and we're well on our way. Top 5-7 and we're well ahead of schedule. Especially if a bunch of those guys are on defense. The offense speaks for itself.

I never said it was IMPOSSIBLE. It's just absurdly unlikely. We already have 5 3*s. We'd literally have to not take any more than maybe 1 more 3* for the ENTIRE class. And we're almost definitely taking John Slaughter. The odds are just so highly against us.

Just play it our or use the 247 class calculator. I have. We would need a 94-95 AVERAGE to finish #1. We're currently a tad below 91. The rest of our class would need to AVERAGE 96-97 lol. That is an absurd ask.

And fwiw TAMU was way out of ahead of everyone on NIL, that's how they did it. Oh and A&M finished 8th and 6th the 2 years prior. They were much closer to begin with. Not #18 (HS/JUCO) and #24 (including transfers) like we did last year. That's a farrr larger jump to make in 1 year.

Just run out the numbers and you'll see how extremely improbable it is. We would need everyone we want and maybe then some.

It's really not that important. Top 10 with THIS scheme and we're well on our way. Top 5-7 and we're well ahead of schedule. Especially if a bunch of those guys are on defense. The offense speaks for itself.

You obviously keep up with the details of recruiting more than I do but couldn’t some of the 3 stars committed end up getting bumped in the rankings as they get more exposure? A couple of them (were in on) have impressive offer sheets and are a for sure take. I think a lot will change between now and signing day but we lead (or are at least up there) with 4 five stars ti go with the one we already have. Add the other top 100’s (several are already committed) we could end up with 8-10 of the top 100. Hard to believe that would land us at no1

You obviously keep up with the details of recruiting more than I do but couldn’t some of the 3 stars committed end up getting bumped in the rankings as they get more exposure? A couple of them (were in on) have impressive offer sheets and are a for sure take. I think a lot will change between now and signing day but we lead (or are at least up there) with 4 five stars ti go with the one we already have. Add the other top 100’s (several are already committed) we could end up with 8-10 of the top 100. Hard to believe that would land us at no1
Sure some 3*s could get bumped. That's a common response. And yet 5 and 4*s can get bumped down as well. Those things tend to even out...they go both ways, so it's a moot point in theory.

4 5*s would be optimistic at this point, though I wouldn't be surprised if we land a couple or even a few. 4 isn't out of the realm of possibilities. But a #1 class is made up of very elite quality, so it needs 12+ 4*s on top as well. A 94-95 average. And a minimal number of 3*s, which we are already basically surpassing.

Fwiw this will be a unique year because the 25-limit is waived for the next 2 classes. How much extra space we, and others, are willing to make for more recruits will play a role.

Overall, we're talking about landing EVERYONE we want to have ANY chance at a #1 class...when even a bunch of our most optimistic top recruits (Tate, Mauigoa, Bradley) might be 60-70%...average that out and we simply aren't likely to land everyone.

Optimistically, we'll land more than half of them. That's closer to reality than expecting to hit blackjack 15 straight times. Either way, a great class is upon us and that's what counts! GBO!

VN Store

Back